Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

TheMammoth

Online Training Member
Feb 14, 2017
Just purchased the original style Havak in the pro hunter stock from Cabela’s.

Bolt ran relatively smooth, a few hundred cycles and it was really nice. The fit and finish was good, and the entire package is light.

I really detest this stock’s low cheek position though. It’s almost impossible to imagine holding properly with this thing.

I’ve read every response here and it seems that there’s no chassis this thing fits into without significant modifications, eh?

PFG

Private
Dec 13, 2017
Texas
Just purchased the original style Havak in the pro hunter stock from Cabela’s.

Bolt ran relatively smooth, a few hundred cycles and it was really nice. The fit and finish was good, and the entire package is light.

I really detest this stock’s low cheek position though. It’s almost impossible to imagine holding properly with this thing.

I’ve read every response here and it seems that there’s no chassis this thing fits into without significant modifications, eh?
I believe your best bet is adding a stock pack or getting the stock modified for an adjust cheek piece. There is somewhere here on the Hide that had that done to his Havak. Looked good too.

TheMammoth

Online Training Member
Feb 14, 2017
I believe your best bet is adding a stock pack or getting the stock modified for an adjust cheek piece. There is somewhere here on the Hide that had that done to his Havak. Looked good too.
Ordered a triad tactical pack. Hopefully that works.

I agree that the modified stock w riser looked GOOD! My issue with that is having to bed the stock again when it comes back... which I’ve never done. Haha.

TheMammoth

Online Training Member
Feb 14, 2017
Also may start calling this rifle Linda Lovelace 😂

The throat is so deep 168 SMK give me a 2.991 hitting lands 😮

Feb 17, 2017
Tampa, FL
Ordered a triad tactical pack. Hopefully that works.

I agree that the modified stock w riser looked GOOD! My issue with that is having to bed the stock again when it comes back... which I’ve never done. Haha.
Mammoth, why would you have to bed the stock again if you added an adjustable cheek piece? The rifle already comes bedded from Seekins.

If this is the rile you guys are talking about it's mine. All I did was send the stock to Stock Doc and have him do his adj. cheek piece job on it. Got the stock back, dropped my barreled action back in, and went shooting.

TheMammoth

Online Training Member
Feb 14, 2017
Mammoth, why would you have to bed the stock again if you added an adjustable cheek piece? The rifle already comes bedded from Seekins.

If this is the rile you guys are talking about it's mine. All I did was send the stock to Stock Doc and have him do his adj. cheek piece job on it. Got the stock back, dropped my barreled action back in, and went shooting.

Looks so awesome.

I just assumed once they were separated I’d have to do it over again for it to be right?

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 17, 2018
Took my 6.5 Havak out today for some 300 yard shooting. Gun is completely stock with an older Leopold scope that I had laying around.

The stock is way too low for me to shoot prone. I made a jury rigged cheekpiece out of a rag, 100mph tape and moleskin. That helped a lot.

Shot a few groups at 300 with the Hornady American Gunner ammo. This gun seems to like that stuff pretty well.

This is not the normal group by any means but certainly shows what the rifle is capable of.

IMG_0925.jpg

Airlifter89

New Hide Member
May 18, 2018
I emailed KGR about a bravo stock fitting the Seekins to see if they had any new updates.

Hi,

We have a slightly modified backbone coming which has a chamfered cutout for the recoil lug. This should allow for better fitment on some receivers with a built in recoil lug. However, this is not specifically designed for the Seekins action so I can’t guarantee it will fit.

Thank you,

They said they expect the backbone to be available in about a month.

Am I crazy for wanting to switch out the McMillan Game Warden for KRG? The lenth of pull just feels short for me on the Game Warden.

Apr 21, 2017
Wow! That looks great. What stock is that?
Thank you! It's made by AG Composites for Stocky's. It's called the STS. I had to make some minor modifications so the action would fit, such as the bolt release and I widened the ejection port. I also did the cut out in the cheek piece. All of that was fairly easy.

southerngolfer

HACHIE CHACHIE DUNKIRINI
Feb 17, 2017
SW, Missouri
Thank you! It's made by AG Composites for Stocky's. It's called the STS. I had to make some minor modifications so the action would fit, such as the bolt release and I widened the ejection port. I also did the cut out in the cheek piece. All of that was fairly easy.
Appreciate for the constant updates. I just placed my order so we’ll see how much modifications I’ll need to do to the bravo stock

Mar 18, 2008
VA
I emailed KGR about a bravo stock fitting the Seekins to see if they had any new updates.

Hi,

We have a slightly modified backbone coming which has a chamfered cutout for the recoil lug. This should allow for better fitment on some receivers with a built in recoil lug. However, this is not specifically designed for the Seekins action so I can’t guarantee it will fit.

Thank you,

They said they expect the backbone to be available in about a month.

Am I crazy for wanting to switch out the McMillan Game Warden for KRG? The lenth of pull just feels short for me on the Game Warden.
Nope, I love my Bravo. #KRGAllTheThings

Top Bottom