sako trg 42 bipod-can you adjust the tilt/tension

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al
my sako trg 42 bipod has alot of play in terms of side to side tilt/angle movement-its quite loose. the allyn screw and bolt are tightened fully. does anyone know how to tighten this or if it can be tightened? [the way you can do with some of the harris bipods?]thanks

Feb 24, 2008
Maryland, US
Re: sako trg 42 bipod-can you adjust the tilt/tension

The Sako bipod is pretty good over all... and I didn't like the Harris pipod on my TRG-42.

There are two versions of the TRG-22/42 bipod, and I've got the newer one. It isn't flawless left/right tilt, but it is very stable in all other aspects. It's especially better in so far as mounting to the rifle, and shooting prone.

inalabama

Gunny Sergeant
Feb 6, 2007
birmingham, al

hey gbmaryland, i also have the newer version, can you tighten up the left/right tilt? its a great piece of equipment, just wondering about this issue, thanks

Mar 16, 2008
pennsylvania

I have the same version and also not sure but this thing is sweet. Love how it mounts to the gun. Like it should be. :)

Oct 3, 2005
Las Cruces, New Mexico

There are a couple methods to tighten it up I have used. The easiest is remove hex head screw and nut that ataches the mounting block to bipod squeeze in some blue loctite reassemble and let sit over night. I have done one this way and it has remained 'tight' for 3 month's, you have to man handle it a bit to tilt but it has worked great on the cheap. The other method requires a SMALL bit of machining, a file would suffice to create room for installation of a rubber or fiber spacer for friction. PM me for details if interested in this method.

Feb 21, 2009
Utah

They are supposed to be loose - at least they are manufactured to be. If you want it tight, do what Mark S mentioned. But as far as it being sloppy - that is a matter of opinion. As far as it being wrong or broken, it isn't.