Ruger Precision Rimfire

Feb 7, 2013
The West
Here’s a video I made yesterday at 100yards shooting an 11” gong. He group averaged 2” with a couple fliers due to an 11Mph wind. Apologies for the video being upside down at the end.
Nice ... but 11mph??? Maybe on a hill under a venturi effect, or a singular gust, not shown in camera .. but not at all across the board

kgc54

New Hide Member
Jun 5, 2018
Troy, MI
Well just got off the phone with RUGER C.S .
Told them i have a RPR With mag problems and extraction .
They said NO PROBLEM .
We will send you a new CHASSIS .
How about them APPLES .

Took the gun apart for a good cleaning .
When i looked at the mag area things were real sloppy .
My 77/22 ,10/22 and charger are aluminum .
RPR is same as the chassis with no support .
Couple of questions:
Is this a one for one chassis swap or are they just giving you a new one?
Shooting wise how dose your rifle perform otherwise?

mrt949

New Hide Member
Apr 25, 2018
Told them the problems i was having .
Remember the chassis has the block that beds the action and the mag position.
As preform it is a great gun .
They sent me a new chassis you must use all your parts to complete assembly .

kgc54

New Hide Member
Jun 5, 2018
Troy, MI
Told them the problems i was having .
Remember the chassis has the block that beds the action and the mag position.
As preform it is a great gun .
They sent me a new chassis you must use all your parts to complete assembly .
Did they want the old chassis back; or do you get to keep it?

Feb 14, 2017
Indiana
Just took the plunge and picked up one of these rifles. Tore it apart and cleaned everything up. Cleaned up all the rough machining. Cleaned up the crown. About to start breaking the rifle in. Plan to get about 500 rounds through it before I start shooting for groups.

MrO17

New Hide Member
Jul 6, 2018
Has anyone found a 0 moa mount ?
The 30 moa is great but i have rings that are 20 moa from other scopes

Talked to Ruger in Nc yesterday, long story short , they have one coming my way. Ruger customer service ROCKS! Extremely pleasant and very professional, customer and brand appear to be their focus. This was my first Ruger but now looking to grow the family.

mrt949

New Hide Member
Apr 25, 2018
Talked to Ruger in Nc yesterday, long story short , they have one coming my way. Ruger customer service ROCKS! Extremely pleasant and very professional, customer and brand appear to be their focus. This was my first Ruger but now looking to grow the family.

I guess i will give them a call

Strykervet

Gunny Sergeant
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Ruger sucks. Not the10/22, no, that design is about as good as semi .22 can be, but go for Kidd parts. Or better yet, that custom thread on barrel and receiver (wish I had that!. My rifle has no Ruger parts and it's stellar, like a different rifle, a better one.. Spot on. Titan stock, Kidd action and parts. Just a dream and completely quiet. So the barrel may only be four or four and a half inches, but the 11.5 to 12 inch suppressor makes it almost totally silent. By far my most favorite rifle and it gets used more.

It's 1MOA or less; I get one ragged hole at 25M.

IMG_0837.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2017
Indiana
Got a rprimfire a few days ago. Been breaking it in and shot a few quick groups at 40 yards. Could cover them with a dime. Ammo was cci standard velocity. After all the bad comments about accuracy I was skeptical but I think this rifle has real potential.

kgc54

New Hide Member
Jun 5, 2018
Troy, MI
Got a rprimfire a few days ago. Been breaking it in and shot a few quick groups at 40 yards. Could cover them with a dime. Ammo was cci standard velocity. After all the bad comments about accuracy I was skeptical but I think this rifle has real potential.
I'm wondering how many of those complaining about the rifle's issues (including myself) have the earlier chassis revision. I contacted Ruger asking why there was an addendum to the rifle assembly instructions that warned not to torque the receiver screws beyond 30 inch pounds where the instructions say 35 inch pounds are needed. That is when I received an email response telling me that I had an older revision of the chassis. Long story short got an RMA and just shipped my rifle back to Ruger for inspection and rework.

Feb 14, 2017
Indiana
Just shot a few different match type ammo selections and got great results from SK RIFLE MATCH. Several 5 shot groups under a half inch at 50 yards. Probably in the .3 to .4 region but all could be covered with a dime. I've got about 400 total rounds through the gun. Continuing to clean pretty often until I break that 1k mark. I know there are differing opinions on this but that's just what I like to do. Continues to look promising. Also called green mountain and ordered a barrel on Friday. They said 2 weeks.

kgc54

New Hide Member
Jun 5, 2018
Troy, MI
Just shot a few different match type ammo selections and got great results from SK RIFLE MATCH. Several 5 shot groups under a half inch at 50 yards. Probably in the .3 to .4 region but all could be covered with a dime. I've got about 400 total rounds through the gun. Continuing to clean pretty often until I break that 1k mark. I know there are differing opinions on this but that's just what I like to do. Continues to look promising. Also called green mountain and ordered a barrel on Friday. They said 2 weeks.
Which barrel length did you order I have their 20 inch fluted bull barrel on a custom Nordic Components 10/22 chassis that I just love.

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Nov 17, 2009
Northern Illinois
I think; 0n the positive side, Ruger magazines, good concept, aftermarket upgrades are sure to follow soon for barrels, stocks, triggers. On the down side, cheap flimsy stock, butt ugly and underimpressive accuracy. As for price, ehh... I just picked up a very clean used Rem. 513T that shoots one ragged hole at 50 yds w/ “peep” sights in the same price range. Just sayin.

Top Bottom