Ruger Precision Rifle Discussion

GA_medic

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2019
Gonna be pretty while collecting dust sitting in this box waiting for the new barrel. Only want to disassemble the rifle once. Also need to order an MLOK pic rail for when the new bipod comes in.

GA_medic

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2019
The last two parts left to order before this build will be done are the Atlas bipod and Krieger barrel. Once everything is in, I'll disassemble it, send parts for Cerakote, and when everything is done final assembly will happen.

Reactions: Netman8718

GA_medic

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2019
Decided to get creative and make a cheek pad from foam sheets. I'll know how v1.0 goes Wednesday.

LongRangeLefty

Shoots heavy loads..
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Decided to get creative and make a cheek pad from foam sheets. I'll know how v1.0 goes Wednesday.
Cool. Post a pic. I always use the soft side of the adhesive-backed Velcro. It can get cold enough here in upstate NY that your cheek freezes to the riser!

Rant Durden

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
Has anyone mounted a MK5 5-25x56 on a 6mm Creedmoor? I'm looking at the Vortex/ Seekins rings and would like to go as low as possible, but I don't think the .95's will work.

Hardpan

Rent this space
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
CA
Has anyone mounted a MK5 5-25x56 on a 6mm Creedmoor? I'm looking at the Vortex/ Seekins rings and would like to go as low as possible, but I don't think the .95's will work.
I don’t think .95 rings will work with a 56mm objective. I personally went with a 1.5 in. mount for a 50 mm objective so I wouldn’t have to smash my face on the cheek rest to get a proper eye alignment. You can probably get away with using 1.26 in. rings without using lens covers. Most people I’ve talked with that have 56mm optics are using 1.5 in. rings/mount on their RPR. Hope this helps you out. My buddy uses a 1.5 in. spuhr on his RPR with a 56mm Bushnell.

Reactions: shooter405

CV_Ag

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2018
Dallas, Texas
+1 for the AR height.

I run 1.46 Seekins rings with a 56mm on mine. I also use Tenebraex covers without an issue.

Netman8718

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2018
Indiana
My Area 419 ARCA rail arrived a short time ago. Got it mounted to the stock forearm effortlessly. Thought I would take a few pictures for all to see. Got my Harris bipod on the way. I’ll order the ARCA slide to marry the two next week.

Attachments

Hardpan

Rent this space
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
CA
/\/\/\ All sold out
I’ve never had good luck with dvor. I think anarchy outdoors has a post super bowl sale going on for 12% off anything in their store. Very helpful people and great customer service. My first 2 upgrades to my RPR were a 2 stage timney flat shoe trigger and a 40 moa rail from AO.

Reactions: theaoguy

EzGoingKev

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2017
All you guys that want to use the lowest rings need to keep in mind the stock on the RPR is almost the same plane as the rail. Going low can means you have no comb adjustment.

acudaowner

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I went with the 308 mine only had the 20 in barrel option 1/10 twist to start its cheap fun and great to learn with and at the time was under 1k hoping something 6.5 is next its hard to say so many choices ....or if i start reloading 260 rem.

Hardpan

Rent this space
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
CA
I went with the 308 mine only had the 20 in barrel option 1/10 twist to start its cheap fun and great to learn with and at the time was under 1k hoping something 6.5 is next its hard to say so many choices ....or if i start reloading 260 rem.
This is a great way to start. I started out with a rem 700 in .308. After a couple years I bought a RPR in 6.5. Now I’m building on a custom action with changeable calibers. I highly recommend a 6mm variant, whether it be a 6.5 creed or a 6mm creed. When I burn out my RPR 6.5 I’ll probably rebarrel to a 6mm creed. Have fun with that .308. I still love to shoot mine.

RPR300WM

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2018
Has anyone heard of a premium barrel manufacturer (e.g. bartlein, kreiger, etc,) that's making barrels for the RPR Magnum version?

Reactions: Brent B

2012duramax

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2018
TN
What size soft case will a factory 308 with the 20in barrle fit in unfolded? Will a 42in be long enough?

LongRangeLefty

Shoots heavy loads..
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
I have a 42” case I was using for my .308 with the 20” barrel and LOP adjusted to 15”. It fits, but literally end to end. If I used a muzzle brake it wouldn’t fit.

theaoguy

Private
Minuteman
I agree with Hardpan. I'm running 1.25" rings on a 50mm objective and I have pretty minimal clearance. I can get a scope cap on but that's all the room I have. From what I've seen, once you step up to a 56mm objective you're pretty much looking at "AR profile" height rings for the RPR.View attachment 7019272
Awesome looking. How do you like the Penguin Grip? Also if you use Instagram Please tag us for a repost.

Hardpan

Rent this space
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
CA
Reactions: Reverend Mark

theaoguy

Private
Minuteman
I have been fumbling with my mag release in the cold weather with gloves and looking for a solution. Is this ShopRuger branded item the "gold standard", or are some of the others I've seen online a better option?

RUGER PRECISION® RIFLE MAGAZINE RELEASE EXTENSION - BLACK
Great product and produced by great guys. It is also available from Catalyst Arms and Anarchy Outdoors.

https://www.catalystarms.com/shop/
https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/catalyst-arms-rpr-mag-release-extension/

Reactions: Reverend Mark

theaoguy

Private
Minuteman
Just fitted a 6.5 with a Proof Research 1:8, 24" M24 Contour pre-fit barrel. On the end is an APA Little Bastard.

The green is rattle can. Grip is Anarchy outdoors. Lefty. What can I say? I'm classy like Coors. It's a RPR, not a fancy shmancy AI or Surgeon 😂😂

Consequently, I have a RPR 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with like 550 rounds through it sitting around. LOL

I bet she'll shoot a keg at click all day. View attachment 6990303
Do you post on instagram? If soon please tag us @anarchyoutdoors. If not can we have permission to post your photo?

Reverend Mark

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2018
Reno, Nevada Area
Reactions: theaoguy

theaoguy

Private
Minuteman
Finally got the chance to try her at 1k yards. Took a class over the weekend since I'm new to the long range game. Once I got strelok calibrated (needed to adjust the bc) I was able to hit a 3 moa plate consistently from 200 to 1k yards. The wind kept changing which added a fun element! I'm really liking the Anarchy vertical grip too. More comfortable then several AR grips I've tried.View attachment 6947352
Awesome photo. I am glad you are loving the girp. Please tag us on instagram @anarchyoutdoors.