NC

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
My babies, 2 Vudoo VX22 with Razor 4.4x25.56
Hello Tatman,
I like your color choice.... ;-)
If you take a close look at my bi-pod you will see that it is an Atlas knock-off. It has since been replaced with
a real Atlas like yours. I hated to spend the 300.00 on it but it was worth it.
I also swapped the flat bladed Trigger Tech Diamond with a curved blade TT and it feels much better. I wish TT made a trigger blade like a Calvin Elite. They move for/aft. - up/down and rotate.
My girl has fattened up over the winter.... She is a sow at just over 18 lbs.

Attachments

Last edited:

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
I asked Area 419 if they would be willing to make a scope base for the Sako quad. They borrowed mine and began to design a base for it.

Area 419 now produces a Quad base that is identical to the awesome CZ bases that they’ve been making.

I own a Vudoo, 455 in a T4A and this quad. With this new rail it’s really tough to say which rimfire is my favorite.
Thank you..... good to know.... I have just been looking at the Sako Quad line.

barronian

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2019
What kind of accuracy are you getting with the Sig Sauer 200 STR action.
She looks pretty....
Thanks ! @AirGunShawn
My 100m 6x5 Average with Eley Match (all the good, bad and really uglies) is 0.72 MOA my best 5 shot group is 0.244 MOA.

What do you get with your Vudoo ?

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks ! @AirGunShawn
My 100m 6x5 Average with Eley Match (all the good, bad and really uglies) is 0.72 MOA my best 5 shot group is 0.244 MOA.

What do you get with your Vudoo ?
Nothing like that yet. I just got her recently and have not even figured out the ammo yet.
I really like the Vudoo thus far.

tatman3715

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2019
Hello Tatman,
I like your color choice.... ;-)
If you take a close look at my bi-pod you will see that it is an Atlas knock-off. It has since been replaced with
a real Atlas like yours. I hated to spend the 300.00 on it but it was worth it.
I also swapped the flat bladed Trigger Tech Diamond with a curved blade TT and it feels much better. I wish TT made a trigger blade like a Calvin Elite. They move for/aft. - up/down and rotate.
sweet set up, I actually changed the scope on my MDT V-22 from a Razor to a Kahles, wow what a difference

Rolltide

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 14, 2003
East Tennessee
Hi Rolltide...... Have you ever thought of selling your FinnFire Range?
Shawn
Sorry for not seeing this before Shawn.

I can't say I've thought of selling it. It doesn't get shot often, just like the Quad Range, but there's just a cool factor to both of them, that keeps me from sending them down the road...

Reactions: Sieg

barronian

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2019
@Cuzz thanks ! :)
i spent last year working hard on my fundamentals ... my dream is that this year i can get my average close to 6 MOA. (i'm not sure that this is realistic but one can dream and i need something to aim for - oof that was a bad pun :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Shortbus6588

barronian

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2019
:) oh the joys of typos ! :eek:
im pretty certain that with a little practice and some help from thewind i can get 6 MOA at 100m :rolleyes: its the 0.6 MOA that i dream about !

Reactions: Cuzz

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
View attachment 7071926

Lithgow LA101 Crossover 22 LR
20MOA pic rail
Vortex PMR 30mm rings (medium)
Hawke Frontier FFP 3-15x50 MIL EXT
Marauder,
Your Lithgow looks great!! Did you cerakote the entire thing?
I'm looking at one and am hoping to get any information that I can. What is your opinion of her?
Her good and bad points?
Would you buy her again?
What was the cerakote cost? I'm not in love with the factory Titanium color.
Who's rail do you have? Does it have any MOA?

Thanks so much
Shawn

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Sorry for not seeing this before Shawn.

I can't say I've thought of selling it. It doesn't get shot often, just like the Quad Range, but there's just a cool factor to both of them, that keeps me from sending them down the road...
Hello Tide,
My Quad Range is at my FFL waiting for pick up. I need some ancillary parts for her. Bolt knob, scope rail with MOA, extended mag release, replacement thread protector. If you zoom up on the one shown you can see my issue with it.
If you have the time, I would appreciate your help.
Shawn Caarroll

Attachments

Reactions: Rolltide

marauderx33

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
Australia
Marauder,
Your Lithgow looks great!! Did you cerakote the entire thing?
I'm looking at one and am hoping to get any information that I can. What is your opinion of her?
Her good and bad points?
Would you buy her again?
What was the cerakote cost? I'm not in love with the factory Titanium color.
Who's rail do you have? Does it have any MOA?

Thanks so much
Shawn
Hi @AirGunShawn ,

I bought the rifle new from the gun shop like that with the brown laminate stock and black cerakote finish.

The scope rail is a 20 MOA one from Ignition Custom Engineering, here in Australia. It is a little tall for my liking and the factory screws aren't long enough to get much bite into the receiver threads.

Good points:

* Fit and finish are excellent
* Good ergonomics & weight - I like the medium-weight tapered barrel and stock
* Great bolt, good lockup, quite smooth, short bolt lift
* I like the safety (quiet, push forward, can cycle bolt with safety on)
* Can use CZ 452 mags (I prefer the flush-fit 5 rounder it came with though)
* Good hunting rifle

Bad points:

* The factory trigger is pretty heavy (people I know have fitted spring kits which make a big difference though)
* Mine doesn't shoot that accurately/consistently (it's less accurate than the cheaper and lighter CZ 452 sporter it replaced). I will shoot a good group with some ammo one day, then terrible the next outing. I have friends who have LA101s that shoot quite well, so maybe I got a dud?
* Lack of aftermarket options for triggers, stocks, etc

So, in summary, I have mixed feelings. Love the look & feel, but am a bit disappointed with the accuracy, and the lack of aftermarket is a bit limiting. I have ordered a Vudoo V-22 and may sell the Lithgow, or may keep it.

Hope this helps.

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Hi @AirGunShawn ,

I bought the rifle new from the gun shop like that with the brown laminate stock and black cerakote finish.

The scope rail is a 20 MOA one from Ignition Custom Engineering, here in Australia. It is a little tall for my liking and the factory screws aren't long enough to get much bite into the receiver threads.

Good points:

* Fit and finish are excellent
* Good ergonomics & weight - I like the medium-weight tapered barrel and stock
* Great bolt, good lockup, quite smooth, short bolt lift
* I like the safety (quiet, push forward, can cycle bolt with safety on)
* Can use CZ 452 mags (I prefer the flush-fit 5 rounder it came with though)
* Good hunting rifle

Bad points:

* The factory trigger is pretty heavy (people I know have fitted spring kits which make a big difference though)
* Mine doesn't shoot that accurately/consistently (it's less accurate than the cheaper and lighter CZ 452 sporter it replaced). I will shoot a good group with some ammo one day, then terrible the next outing. I have friends who have LA101s that shoot quite well, so maybe I got a dud?
* Lack of aftermarket options for triggers, stocks, etc

So, in summary, I have mixed feelings. Love the look & feel, but am a bit disappointed with the accuracy, and the lack of aftermarket is a bit limiting. I have ordered a Vudoo V-22 and may sell the Lithgow, or may keep it.

Hope this helps.
Marauder,
Thank you for your input. I have spent about a day looking for aftermarket items and I agree, there are not many to be found. The Lithgow trigger looks like it can be overcome. I generally replace my trigger springs and lap the sears. All of my trigger jobs are under 16 oz. They are also safe. I think the CZ 457 line is a great deal for the money. Those triggers are 10 oz. and it is the sear that I have shown. I end up using 3 micron lapping film to get that finish.
I wish you had better news about the accuracy from the Lithgow. I will continue to research and see if you got a dud.
I have had two Trigger Tech Diamond triggers in my V-22 and the lowest they will go is 8 oz.
It is a nice feeling trigger with the standard blade. I had a flat blade and did not care for my finger only catching the edge. My newest rifle will be the Sako Quad Range. I pick her up on Monday.

Thanks again
Shawn

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231

AirGunShawn

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
My new CZ 457 with Boyds stock bought 1/27/20. As with all of the 457 mdl triggers, it is easy to get them down to 10/12 oz. with some adjusting, sear lapping and a spring change. I also found an Anarchy Outdoors' extended magazine release this nearly a 1/2" longer than standard. The others that I have used are only 2mm longer.
As with the other 457s that I own, this one got the AREA 419 scope rail and bolt knob. IMO, all of the CZ 457s are a good value and good build quality. That is why I have three of them standing muzzle down next to my V22.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231