Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Nov 7, 2017
Gemany
Hi,
This is my first serious rimfire rifle, an Anschuetz 1416 with beavertail stock.
18" threaded barrel. One thing to note here is that Anschuetz is resessing the actual muzzle by about 1/2" so that the thinner material where the thread is cut does not have any negative effect on the muzzle. Also it is well protected of course.
It just arrived yesterday and I mounted the Kahles 3-12x50 with MSR reticle (focuses down to 25m), the A-tec CMM4 suppressor and my Sinclair bipod.
The ammunition test (from benchrest block) found a lot of RWS Rifle Match that shot very well. The test group of 5 at 50m is the one in the corner.
10 shot groups were a bit bigger of course, but the rifle seems to be good. The match trigger is exceptionally well for a rimfire (or any rifle) and breaks at about 10oz.
It feeds from a 10 round magazine.
I am planing to make the rifle a bit more comfortable. Adjustable cheek piece and an arca rail with a Harris, as well as a sling should be the next steps.
Looking forward to the first 50 and 100 m range session.

Attachments

Feb 14, 2017
Moose,

The EH1 put the V-22 over the top. Balance and handling is unbelievably good. Cheek weld was vastly improved over the Gayboe A5 and it dropped almost two pounds.

The SWFA's are giant killers.

Moose

Sergeant
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
Thanks for the info on the EH-1,I will be calling manners up to order one.I agree with you on the swfa scopes.Big Stick over at asrealasitgets turned me onto them.I now have a 10X, 1x4, and an 6x on the way to my house. The reticle and the elevation adjustment is outstanding.

Feb 14, 2017
Moose,

I think I'm over half dozen of the 6's and 10's. Not really a fan of the 1-4.

Nobody has a better reticle than the Milquad quite honestly.

Moose

Sergeant
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
Moose,

I think I'm over half dozen of the 6's and 10's. Not really a fan of the 1-4.

Nobody has a better reticle than the Milquad quite honestly.
The reticle is simple and easy to work with, like it a lot.Im using these scopes on a couple of 10/22 rifles and 0 to 100 yds the 1x4 works great for me.I had the 6x out this week shooting at 300 yds and I was banging the shit out of a 10" plate.I have a Kidd 10/22 on the way and i will put the 10x on it and take it out to 400 yds.I seen your rifle over on asrealasitgets, Im loving that stock.

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Here's an integrally suppressed 10/22 with no Ruger parts except the clear mags. Titan stock, Kidd action (receiver, bolt, 1stg. trigger, all of it) "FF" Liberty/Green Mountain match barrel, ~4" w/~12" monocore being suppressor. Can't tell it's suppressed but the hexagonal "bore" looks fishy; it's painted with a tough, high heat ceramic paint. Vortex Viper PST 1-4x, USO adj. windage rings (they fit and I had 'em). Lower end Harris bipod and narrow copy of a 1903 shooting sling w/military grade sling swivels. I'm satisfied with pretty much everything about this rifle, it's everything a Ruger isn't, what a 10/22 SHOULD be. Everything is quality here, Kidd makes an awesome action and guts, the Titan stock feels just as amazing and the price was spot on, the optic and rings sorta speak for themselves.

So far it's been pretty accurate, it's at least 1MOA; it shoots a ragged hole at 25m and that's as far as I've shot it yet. Single stage trigger is crisp and fast too and the tang on the receiver prevents it from moving in the stock. Suppressor is spooky quiet, by far my most silent weapon. The 6" thread on Regulator is really nice but this is still quieter. All of it's well made. The action is much smoother than a Ruger action and quieter too. Makes a click and the bullet hitting the target is the loudest part of the shot. Amazingly fun. Digests pretty much whatever I feed it, but so far the Geco bolt gun ammo has been quietest and most accurate.

I'm afraid my Ruger SBR folder will never get used again if I don't put some work into it, including a trigger!

IMG_0837.JPG

MaksimS

New Hide Member
Jan 21, 2018
Russia
Not finished but have no patience...
Based on the Sable 22LR rifle - hunting version of biathlon rifle BI-7 with crank bolt action. Tried to get it back to sport.
New trigger with free run adjustment.
Picatinny rail 20 MOA
Iron sight is unmounted but bases are still present.
Ural standard 22LR single shot rifle stock, trigger guard is milled to accept magazines.
Adjustable cheek rest (self made) and butt are installed.
Euro rail on fore-end with bipod swivel.
3D printed bolt handle
Discovery HI 6-24x50 scope half Mildot adjusted to 17.2x to maintain MOA reticle.
On 50 meters it shoots groups of four about 0.37-0.55 MOA with fifth flied out to 0.9-1.1 MOA with RWS Target Rifle and that is really annoying.
100 meters range shows 1.06-1.2 MOA groups.
Now about 150 rounds are fired, hope it will be better with first thousand of rounds.

Attachments

Last edited:

PabloM

New Hide Member
Jun 24, 2018
Houston, TX
I put together a CZ 455 in .22LR:
  • 20.5" varmint with a threaded barrel
  • Boyd's pro varmint stock, and I epoxy bedded the action
  • Timney trigger
  • SWFA SS 3-15x42 scope
  • SWFA bubble level
  • CZ 30mm rings
Shooting subsonic rounds this rifle easily makes ragged holes at 50 yards, and easily hits 1 MOA at 100.

Attachments

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Jan 16, 2010
Lewiston, ME
I see you're running a bloop tube do you shoot prone competitions? What sights are your favorite?
I have not shot prone with irons on a 22lr platform in many years. I used to quite a bit, also with 3P air. I did set this build up to be able to sling up and shoot irons, but I have yet to buy a new coat, sling, and sights. I have not decided on what I want to run yet (although I have a set of Anschutz sights that came on a 1907 to play around with).

Fret

USAF Retired
Nov 14, 2017
N Idaho
Nice Fret! I just picked up a 1710 and have thought about trying a chassis. How does the magazine release work with the Anschutz on the MDT?
Thanks. The release seems to work fine. I wish there was a chassis for my 1727. I've been shooting the Vudoo the most since I don't have to be careful of damaging it like the nice wood stocks on the Annies. I think I'll shoot the 1710 more now. :)

MaksimS

New Hide Member
Jan 21, 2018
Russia

kgc54

New Hide Member
Jun 5, 2018
Troy, MI
I see your rifle has half of targets with 4 almost in one hole and 5th flier just like mine. Is it first or last in group?
What is barrel breaking for 22LR?
Green Mountain recommended 6 five shot groups cleaning the barrel between each group. Then 7 ten shot groups cleaning between each group. Total of 100 shots. Done this for each of my GM barrels with excellent results. This picture is during the 100 shot breakin period.

Jan 15, 2010
Las Vegas
This is the wife's Vudoo;
Araprition Package with left handed V22 reciever
18" Bartlein barrel in Kukori profile
Vortex 30moa base
Timney Calvin Elite trigger
Masterpiece Arms BA Lite chassis in Tungston color with Enhanced Vertical Grip and large bag rider
New Vudoo GW branded magazine
Vortex PST II 5-25 scope with Vortex Ultralite rings
Harris bipod
20180811_091619_resized.jpg 20180811_091646_resized.jpg

Jan 15, 2010
Las Vegas
Beautiful rifle.

You are going to cost me money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me about it. I ordered the same basic setup for myself with a black MPA chassis with a cobalt grey metallic Ceracoat barreled action. A friend ordered the same with a burnt bronze chassis and black barreled action. We have multiple other friends waiting to see a rifle in the wild 1st. These things have heroin in the action I believe. Once you take a taste, your hooked.

Last edited: