lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Rifles Only Assassin's Way
This is a new match format that is intended to test the competitor’s ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and employ skill sets in different parts of the country.​
Skills tested will be:
  1. Safety
  2. Marksmanship
  • Alternate positions
  • Moving targets
  • Support side shooting
  • Multiple targets at multiple ranges
  1. KIMs games
  2. Range estimation
  3. Land navigation
  4. Target detection
This competition will last 23 days and be conducted over a broad section of the United States.
This competition will start at Rifles Only in Texas on September 1st, 2021. Once the tasks are completed at this location, the next location will be given to the competitor in written form. This format will continue until the entire competition is completed.
The competitor will be responsible for all costs associated with travel, meals and any other associated costs.
At this time, there are 7 locations in the Western U.S. that will be utilized. You will see New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, and Oklahoma.
Once deposits are received, you will be given addresses to pre-position ammunition and other associated gear. 3 months prior to competition start date you’ll receive an email with further instruction on dates and locations to make your travel arrangements.
There will be competitions inside this competition. You will be responsible for those entry fees.
The entry fee for this competition will be $25,000. Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. A cash payback will award the winner $500,000. This is a winner take all event. Only 45 people will participate. The half million-dollar award certainly makes this worth it.
-Online booking allows for full or partial payment. Further payment options are available:
  • $5,000
  • $10,000
  • $15,000
  • $20,000
deposits/increments until paid in full. To book with an option other than half/full payment via website booking please email or call us: lisa@riflesonly.com or 361-595-5472
Competitors must be physically fit and have a working understanding of the skill sets required to compete.
A list of competition rules will be available, as well as the number of miles that will be travelled.
Throughout 2020 and the first half of 2021, clinics on the subject matters to be tested will be available in different parts of the United States. I would encourage potential participants to take advantage of these clinics as they will be an invaluable resource to gain the required knowledge to complete the assigned tasks.
Modern Day Sniper Podcast with Assassin's Way Discussion

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Dec 13, 2004
Chandler AZ, USA
Just listened to the episode this morning and it sounds amazing! I’m a LOOOONG ways from having the skills or funds to do something like this, but I’ll definitely watch with interest. This could be epic! You gonna give it a go, @lowlight ?

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
My schedule won't allow it but will be helping with skill clinics

I am getting long in the tooth to play any of these games with any consistency.

One or two matches a year is fine for me, but anymore my schedule is just too crazy

Reactions: Basher

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Dec 13, 2004
Chandler AZ, USA
Bummer, but I hear you. Still, should be fun having a hand with the clinics! Will there be a subforum dedicated to the match and the prep leading up to it?

impactaddict

Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
6 states, 7 stops, 23days (not including travel to stop 1 and travel home)... You're going to need help driving and a way to catch some sleep between stops. A Dodge Sprinter conversion might be suitable for this task or maybe a few dudes in an RV/Coach would work. Flying commercially would likely be out of the question. This challenge has a hint of Smokey and the Bandit. Curious to see who will step up for the challenge.

1911hombre

Old School
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2019
East Central Minnesota
I have already started training today! Just got back from the grocery store with Twinkies and Mountain Dew. I got a new knee 8 days ago and have donned my full plate carrier (with side plates) and am hobbling around the house at a brisk pace!

Reactions: hpo and Shawn1492

264win

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 15, 2008
whidbey island wa.
RO will take in over 1 mil in entry fees if the slots fill. Payout is 500k. That is some serious $$$$$$$.$$ Gotta give them credit for thinking this up, putting all the pieces together, and getting it off the ground.
looking forward to following this

Reactions: RS14

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Basically, I’d expect to need around $50k to take on this event.

Travel/food

It also says there will be other competitions during the 23 days that you will have to pay for.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Limited to 40 and I believe 14-20 or so already committed.

With more than a year to prepare, I’d expect it to fill up or be damn close.

Reactions: RS14 and Basher

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
I’m hemming and hawing over it.

I’m ridiculously out of shape for this. But $25k is also a hell of a motivator to get in shape.

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Podcast discussion

Reactions: TACC and RS14

Rover31

Jedi Master
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 27, 2007
Mos Eisley
Going to be awesome to watch! Real skills are going to be tested.
Jacob nailed it, “the average shooter has no idea” Hell I’m missing a ton also!

Last edited:

A&8's

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Mar 20, 2019
25K is a little sttep for me. However, a team event for 30K entry fee and split 500K prize would be doable.

OneMoreNoMore

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Here’s my thoughts, ideas!
For me this is an unprecedented shooting event that will be the pinnacle of the precision, marksman world. I feel there is a lot of advertising and money to be made in a reality show type setting.
It would be awesome to see, even leading up to the event, the amount of work that someone is willing to put into an event like this with the training, sacrifices and all the other aspects that it takes to win at this level with $500k on the line.

I’m sure there will be enough self funded shooters, but if not I would be down for a group fund for a shooter with a percentage of the payout, shooter gets 65% and the crowd funders get 35%. So your $1k could be $3.5k if you’re shooter wins.

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Here’s my thoughts, ideas!
For me this is an unprecedented shooting event that will be the pinnacle of the precision, marksman world. I feel there is a lot of advertising and money to be made in a reality show type setting.
It would be awesome to see, even leading up to the event, the amount of work that someone is willing to put into an event like this with the training, sacrifices and all the other aspects that it takes to win at this level with $500k on the line.

I’m sure there will be enough self funded shooters, but if not I would be down for a group fund for a shooter with a percentage of the payout, shooter gets 65% and the crowd funders get 35%. So your $1k could be $3.5k if you’re shooter wins.
Just an example from other things like pool and poker where I have been both a stakes player and staked other players, here is a typical breakdown of how a player who is getting a 100% stake goes.

All expenses compiled. Let’s say it’s $50k for this match. Entry fees, travel, lodging, etc.

Staked shooter wins.
All expenses refunded to backers

Leaves $450k

Shooter gets half at the very, very most. He may have won it, but he took zero financial risk. Even as low as 30% is plenty fair die zero risk.

After shooter is paid his share, the rest is split based on percentages donated.

If taxes are paid up front, that will be taken off the top first, then expense reimbursements, then pay breakdown.

Reactions: W54/XM-388

DRandi

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
May 24, 2014
Lakeland, Florida
Dam to be young again! Can’t participate, but going to follow closely. If I could I would be there in a heart beat just to say I was there and did that!!