Utah

Reactions: gpkon66

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 26, 2012
N. Carolina
150 bucks? That should tell you all you need to know right there. I’d spend the extra coin on an elite iron before buying this I don’t even recall the article saying what it’s made of.
Hard pass.

Goathead1096

Private
Belligerents
Nov 15, 2010
Utah
Under $150, and I paid $70. Based on that review from a guy who isnt easy on equipment, how does $150 tell me all I need to know? It doesn't cost $300 so it's automatically garbage. The elitist attitude that is overwhelming our sport is getting ridiculous. There was a time when everyone considered Bushnell garbage, and now its standard knowledge that they put out quality gear. Why cant we accept that companies can evolve?
Oh, and it's made of aluminum and steel with a lifetime warranty.

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Belligerents
Jul 7, 2009
Utah, north
www.coldboremiracle.com
150 bucks? That should tell you all you need to know right there. I’d spend the extra coin on an elite iron before buying this I don’t even recall the article saying what it’s made of.
Hard pass.
I know exactly how you feel, because I felt the same way, But I like this bipod.
I have the EI and the 4H, both of them are nice, and I wouldn't doubt they are stronger. But for the money they damn well better be. I like the 4H way more than the EI, but honestly for function and general purpose use, I like the UTG more than the EI. To be clear, not saying its better, or even stronger, just I like using it more. And plenty robust for the average guys use.

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 26, 2012
N. Carolina
Under $150, and I paid $70. Based on that review from a guy who isnt easy on equipment, how does $150 tell me all I need to know? It doesn't cost $300 so it's automatically garbage. The elitist attitude that is overwhelming our sport is getting ridiculous. There was a time when everyone considered Bushnell garbage, and now its standard knowledge that they put out quality gear. Why cant we accept that companies can evolve?
Oh, and it's made of aluminum and steel with a lifetime warranty.
It’s not elitist. It’s a matter of the simple question.......will this product function like it’s supposed to when I need to every time.

have you ever relied on a weapon system for your life in the past or currently? I don’t look at equipment from a fun day at the range with my boys, I look at it from a would I trust my life to it.

it may very well be a decent product, but the Harris is cheaper. The military relied on the Harris for far too long. They finally woke up.

you get what you pay for. Check back with me after a few thousand rounds with it with some big bore calibers, some comps and a few hunting trips. Oh and Pan is not a feature I look for in a bipod. But that’s just me. It seems to me you bought a product and are look for justification of that purchase, instead you should be doing research before you buy and you will quickly learn from the 300 or so threads on bipods that cheap don’t go round here. No one recommends a magpul bipod. No one recommends a Harris.

im not knocking the product, it fills a void. I’m just saying hard pass. Made in China ain’t for me.

@coldboremiracle, good article. Well written. Any comment I have isn’t toward the article or OP, just the product.

Reactions: acudaowner and 1J04

Goathead1096

Private
Belligerents
Nov 15, 2010
Utah
It’s not elitist. It’s a matter of the simple question.......will this product function like it’s supposed to when I need to every time.

have you ever relied on a weapon system for your life in the past or currently? I don’t look at equipment from a fun day at the range with my boys, I look at it from a would I trust my life to it.

it may very well be a decent product, but the Harris is cheaper. The military relied on the Harris for far too long. They finally woke up.

you get what you pay for. Check back with me after a few thousand rounds with it with some big bore calibers, some comps and a few hunting trips. Oh and Pan is not a feature I look for in a bipod. But that’s just me. It seems to me you bought a product and are look for justification of that purchase, instead you should be doing research before you buy and you will quickly learn from the 300 or so threads on bipods that cheap don’t go round here. No one recommends a magpul bipod. No one recommends a Harris.

im not knocking the product, it fills a void. I’m just saying hard pass. Made in China ain’t for me.

@coldboremiracle, good article. Well written. Any comment I have isn’t toward the article or OP, just the product.
No part of that review gave you any indication of the long term quality of the bipod. You're certainly correct that a new product needs time to prove itself...just like Atlas and Elite Iron have. It takes someone to purchase and use the item to gather information on longevity. All of the products that we use today have either built a reputation or failed to. Price is not always an indicator of quality, there are plenty of products out there that aren't worth a shit to anyone that isn't a brand whore. I'm not looking for validation about the bipod, $70 was well worth a look. I have no stake in the bipod, but you have no basis to dismiss it either. (Outside of the pan feature, which is certainly valid.) I see this attitude thread after thread, where someone bags on a product with little to no information to back it up.

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Belligerents
Jul 7, 2009
Utah, north
www.coldboremiracle.com
I understand, no offense taken. And for the record, I have never had to depend on my shooting gear in life or death. And Id assume that the huge majority of people who use the exact same gear dont rely on it to save lives. Most people dont do goon shit, and the only tangos they've downed are Cheeto fingered operators operating out of their Mom's basement.
The people who do rely on their gear in life or death situations already know what they want, or are too OAF to care.
i dont pitch towards that crowd.
I stay in my lane, which is for people who like to shoot and kill shit within the law and these United States. And for that, there aint a damn thing wrong with buying whatever fits your style and budget, nobody's gonna die because Carl bought a cheap bipod, or runs a Taurus 1911. I understand your point, like I said and wrote, I was not expecting to like this thing, but it was a breath of fresh air.
who knows, maybe it craps out? Maybe it doesn't, but never know without trying. Im sure somebody thought Harris's were a stupid idea at some point, and yet here they are, years later with hardly an innovation to their credit😏

BoltActionBrotherhood

The Sender
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2019
NorCal
I just picked up the UTG big bore bipod, the undermount version of that.... I haven’t shot with it yet, but initial impressions are impressive. Very robust, lowest heigh setting gives me 14inches of Width. The pan and can locking is great. Big question is obviously
How long will it last. Time will tell

6.5texas.shooter

Slayer
Belligerents
Aug 13, 2013
Spring TX
I bought one of these as well, after reading your article. For $120... worth a shot.

I’m going to let it eat on a barrett mrad in 338 lm for a few hundred rounds and follow back up.

BUT, first impressions... I like it more than the Atlas 5h. Easier to use as well.

I have an LRA light tactical, and a Cadex Falcon on the way to give some comparisons.

I’m not a fanboy or anything like that of high end names. I shoot and use what works.... I’m humbled by this bipod though....
we we see how it holds up in function and build.

Reactions: Goathead1096

Crews

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2017
I have been hearing a lot lately about UTG picking up efforts and making stuff that isn’t junk. Thanks for the review.

Aren’t they actually making some of this new stuff in America?

Goathead1096

Private
Belligerents
Nov 15, 2010
Utah
I have been hearing a lot lately about UTG picking up efforts and making stuff that isn’t junk. Thanks for the review.

Aren’t they actually making some of this new stuff in America?
They are making some products here, but I'm not sure if this falls under that category. This is my first UTG product, so I hope it holds up.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
If @Kasey (B&T) built something similar (but with Atlas legs, that keep the legs locks out of the mud), I'd be interested. I've often wondered why there aren't more bipods like this design to take advantage of that NV bridge everyone sports (but few have NV). Just thinking out loud here Kasey... :cool:

Last edited: