Remington R10 308?

MPDS13

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2017
Tennessee
I know they are fairly new and the updated model has only been out for a short time. But, does anyone have any experience with them. Likes, dislikes, pros, cons, accuracy? I know its the DPMS GII receiver pattern. But was thinking about building a G2 and it would of pretty much been built out to very similar to this new R10.

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
I have put many rounds through an R25, that was manufactured by Bushmaster. It was also in the final push of Bushmaster before leaving Maine. It's a great rifle, however, I have no experience with the r10.

MPDS13

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2017
Tennessee
Awesome. Glad to hear the R25 is working well. I was a little hesitant when I heard the price for the new R10. But after comparing it to other nice factory semiauto 308s. It’s not too expensive. I may have to just order one and see.

Reactions: AMGtuned

canezach

House of Chingasos
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2014
Colorado
Screw the R10! You need to go straight to the Extended Range Assault Sniper Rifle! That's right!! You NEED the ERASR

I have nothing to add to the conversation aside from that

Reactions: MPDS13

canezach

House of Chingasos
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2014
Colorado
HAHA, I have looked at that model and love the color.
I didn't know a thing about it until I followed your link above. I'm not terribly familiar with gassers, so I don't know if it has any redeeming qualities, but I liked it somewhat

I have concerns, mainly being it's a Remington product and Remington is a far cry from the company they were. I still have a 700 in my arsenal, but I spent more getting it to where I wanted it than I would have if I'd just gone custom from the start. The nostalgia in me remembers my old M24 and the first 700 I bought over two decades ago that would stack bullets on top of each other, but those days are long gone

Last edited:

MPDS13

Gunny Sergeant
Hessian
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2017
Tennessee
Without a doubt Remington suffered from quality issues over the past several years. From what I have read and heard from dealers and gunsmiths, since Remington has revamped their products and the restructuring after their previous owners bankruptcy, Their quality control and work is supposedly getting better. Especially with their Army sniper rifle contract. Supposedly the barrel blanks and gunsmith work for these new R10s are the same as the ones for the military sniper systems.

I have had a DMPS G2 in the past and was very impressed with the receivers and BCG. Those parts were engineered amazingly, but like other DPMS stuff the other parts were not the greatest. From what it looks like, Remington took the good parts of the G2, the receiver size and weight and the BCG and put on a great barrel and handguard and made a lightweight(ish) accurate 308 medium frame AR.

Now, with all that being said. All of what I said about the R10 is just what the reps said and the local dealer said after talking to their Remington rep. So, hopefully all that is true and it will live up to its potential.

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Sorry for necroposting, but I can say the R10 is a significant upgrade over the G2. Full ambi lower, rifle length gas system, nitrided CHF 5R, and a decent rail. It’s heavier than a G2 Recon, but it has a heavier barrel profile and the rail is a couple ounces heavier than the G2’s quad rail. That being said, it’s a 15” rail on the R10 vs 9” quad rail on the G2. It uses the same attachments as the DPMS M111 rail, so rail sections are easy to find and inexpensive.

I took my G2 Recon and R10 to the range for the first time last week. The R10, even with its RLGS, will not run reliably suppressed. I shot some 168gr FGMM through them both to see what they could do. I was extremely disappointed that the R10 was shooting 3-4” groups. When I went to take the scope off it and move it to the G2 I realized I hadn’t torqued it down, so it was flopping all around. I was pretty pressed for time so didn’t try it again and moved on to the G2. I have a Vltor A5 on order so I can try a heavier buffer in hopes to get it running suppressed. Once that comes in I’ll take it back out and remember to torque the scope mount.

The R10 is what the G2 should have been to begin with. Freedom Group really clipped the nuts off of the G2.

Reactions: MPDS13

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Finally got a chance to go back to the range. I added a Kaw Valley Precision heavy (5.8oz) buffer and their extra power 308 spring. It ran 100% today with no malfunctions. I shot a total of 90 rounds, 85 which were suppressed. With FGMM 168gr it shot the below 5 round group. It’s amazing how much of a difference actually tightening the scope mount makes. The flier was the 5th shot, and there was a huge gust of wind right as I shot which is what I’m going to blame that on. It looks like an adjustable gas block won’t be required.

Attachments

Reactions: AMGtuned

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Will you please do me a favor ? Please try to swap receivers between the Remington R10 and the DPMS Recon.
If what I read is true, the small frames are basically AR15 specs from the mag well back to the buffer.
PLEASE :giggle:

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Will you please do me a favor ? Please try to swap receivers between the Remington R10 and the DPMS Recon.
If what I read is true, the small frames are basically AR15 specs from the mag well back to the buffer.
PLEASE :giggle:
Sure thing! I swapped the receivers and everything works just fine. I verified that the R10 lower’s right sided bolt release lever would still lock the bolt back and release it. It really makes me wish the G2 lower was ambi, or that Remington would sell lowers. The G2 Recon upper is noticeably lighter.

Attachments

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Man you don't know how happy that makes me ... Thank you so much for answering this !
I was thinking the exact same thing about Remington selling just lowers. I thought they would swap, after all they are all part of the "Freedom Group" family. Now that we know this information, I bet "Adams Arms" 308 and POF Revolution will swap too. They have all implied that they went with the DPMS G2 specs. Except POF off sets their trigger, I believe. It still may work, but I don't know.
Ok, now for a second question. Have you taken the bolt apart yet ? I'm under the impression that the extractor may be the same too. However, I'm hoping that the R10 does not use the rubber extractor spring thingy. I'd rather have a metal spring. I believe that could be where the extraction/double feed malfunctions that I've seen come from.

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Man you don't know how happy that makes me ... Thank you so much for answering this !
I was thinking the exact same thing about Remington selling just lowers. I thought they would swap, after all they are all part of the "Freedom Group" family. Now that we know this information, I bet "Adams Arms" 308 and POF Revolution will swap too. They have all implied that they went with the DPMS G2 specs. Except POF off sets their trigger, I believe. It still may work, but I don't know.
Ok, now for a second question. Have you taken the bolt apart yet ? I'm under the impression that the extractor may be the same too. However, I'm hoping that the R10 does not use the rubber extractor spring thingy. I'd rather have a metal spring. I believe that could be where the extraction/double feed malfunctions that I've seen come from.
I haven’t but I certainly can. I’ll do that tonight after the kids go to bed. In the mean time, I wrote a pretty thorough comparison of the G2 and R10 here. I didn’t think to check the extractor spring so I didn’t take it apart. I’ll update tonight and let you know.

As far as other G2 copies, the PSA PX-10 is supposedly using an unlicensed copy. F4 Defense licenses theirs, as well as Adams Arms. I’m not sure about POF as theirs is a whole different beast. It may mate up to a G2 receiver, but since the trigger group is set further back it may not work with the G2 BCG. Would be interesting to try though.

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
@SgtPepper I just checked and the R10 uses the same elastomer extractor spring as the G2. It’s the little stubby black thing between the firing pin and extractor. I’m pretty indifferent on what material the spring is made of as long as it works. I mean, for years Colt used a black O-ring to add tension to the M4’s extractor before moving to the black elastomer insert that is currently used. Regardless of the material, extractor springs should be considered a “scheduled maintenance” part and replaced periodically. DPMS states they tested this to 100,000 rounds and it still had 90% of its original compression resistance. I usually replace mine, along with gas rings, at around 5000 rounds, so if these last that long I’ll be perfectly content.

Attachments

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Heres where my machinist experiance would have kicked in. I would have taken the digital calipers and measured everything too. Just to see if bolts would swap, or for that matter if the entire BCG would swap. I had a extractor break at my last range day, so its on the brain at the moment. Thanks to your information, the R10 may become my next rifle. I'm still running information through my head for the time being, so tomorrow I might have a couple more questions. Thanks for the info !

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Heres where my machinist experiance would have kicked in. I would have taken the digital calipers and measured everything too. Just to see if bolts would swap, or for that matter if the entire BCG would swap. I had a extractor break at my last range day, so its on the brain at the moment. Thanks to your information, the R10 may become my next rifle. I'm still running information through my head for the time being, so tomorrow I might have a couple more questions. Thanks for the info !
No problem, happen to help any way I can. I have zero machinist experience or knowledge so I’m probably not quite as OCD as you haha. I didn’t measure anything except with my eyeballs, but i have swapped BCGs between the two just to see if they would function and everything was fine. Remington states the R10 is built on the G2 platform so I would feel confident using G2 replacement parts in the R10 in the future. I wish I would have ordered some spare parts when DPMS had their entire site for 50% off around Black Friday.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Have you noticed any ejection issues ? I've seen several videos on youtube (Mostly Nutnfancy) where the POF Revolution failed and DPMS G2 failed. Another guy I follow , Mbell556 said he read on the internet that several people had cycling issues , believed to be under gassed , with the Adams Arms. During his test it just failed to lock the slide back a time or two, but that seemed to be a magazine issue. I guess what I'm getting at is, I want to find out which upper is most reliable amonst all the G2 models. I'm already sold on the Remington lower and possibly the entire rifle. So, heres my other concerns: Have you noticed if the R10 has a changable feed ramp ? The DPMS has removable feed ramp, so in theory the R10 should too. See if you can notice any difference in the shape/design. As far as measuring stuff like a machinist, its not hard. A pair of digital calipers from Harbor Freight ($10) is all it takes. (y)

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Have you noticed any ejection issues ? I've seen several videos on youtube (Mostly Nutnfancy) where the POF Revolution failed and DPMS G2 failed. Another guy I follow , Mbell556 said he read on the internet that several people had cycling issues , believed to be under gassed , with the Adams Arms. During his test it just failed to lock the slide back a time or two, but that seemed to be a magazine issue. I guess what I'm getting at is, I want to find out which upper is most reliable amonst all the G2 models. I'm already sold on the Remington lower and possibly the entire rifle. So, heres my other concerns: Have you noticed if the R10 has a changable feed ramp ? The DPMS has removable feed ramp, so in theory the R10 should too. See if you can notice any difference in the shape/design. As far as measuring stuff like a machinist, its not hard. A pair of digital calipers from Harbor Freight ($10) is all it takes. (y)
I have calipers, I’m just not OCD enough to measure things that I’m not trying to make fit.

As far as ejection issues, both the G2 and the R10 had zero issues unsuppressed. That being said, I rarely shoot without a suppressor so I only fired about 40 rounds through each unsuppressed. With a suppressor, both guns were overgassed enough that they would jam every 4-5 rounds. An SLR adjustable gas block fixed the G2 (which won’t cycle without a can at its current setting) and a KVP heavy buffer and .308 extra power spring fixed the R10.

I will say, unsuppressed the R10 was a noticeably softer shooting gun. I think it was a combination of it being about a pound heavier and having a rifle length gas system. With an AAC 2 port brake, it recoils about the same as an AR15 with an A2 flash hider. The G2 is a little bit worse, but it’s lighter and has a single port Griffin brake on it. Unless having an M-Lok Rail is a necessity for you, the R10 rail is quite ergonomic and rugged. It’s fairly heavy, though. Considering the G2 took about $400 in upgrades to get it to where it is, the R10 is only a few hundred dollars more and has the ambi lower, nitrided CHF 5R barrel, rifle length gas system, mil-spec receiver extension, much better stock, steel gas block (aluminum for the G2) that’s pinned to the barrel, the R10 is really the better value. I wouldn’t pay the normal $3500 for it, but at $2000 it’s a good deal.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
One reason I'm concerned about these things is because I want to buy one rifle with longevity. Meaning, should the Democratic Party over take our 2nd Amendment, I'm more likely to find spare parts laying around some where. And of course, I don't want a piece of junk either. Like I was saying, I've watched multiple videos and witnessed ejection issues. So to reinforce your statement, they are $2000 after all.
Edit: Oh, and being able to just swap the piston system to DI would be cool too.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I'm going to throw this out there too. Before I bought my Adams Arms AR15, I did my research on that thing as well, and I'm glad. Heres why. Apparently piston rifles tend to gouge the upper receiver where the cam pin indent is located. With that information, before I ever put one single round through the barrel, I replaced the cam pin with one from POF (roller cam pin). Now I'm happy to say that my upper receiver looks barely even broken in after several hundred rounds. You may be able to benefit yourself, by taking those digital calipers and confirming the diameter of the cam pin. Then if your lucky, find someone as helpful as you've been to me to take some measurements, so you can order a POF Revolution Roller Cam Pin for your $2000 R10. ;)

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Haha you sure know how to butter someone up. Just went and looked at the feed ramps. They are exactly the same as the G2. I also measured the cam pin on the R10. It and the G2 both have a cam pin that has two flat sides. The body of the pin (not the flat sides) is 0.37” diameter. I couldn’t find any specs for the POF roller cam pin, but just looking at the pics I’m I don’t think their 5.56 or .308 version would work. I did check my uppers after you bringing that to my attention and both look what I would consider normal. My old LR-308 has about 2,000 rounds through it and the anodizing is work off, but there’s no gouging. The R10 has a few streaks on it but that’s about it. Compared to my Colt AR15 which has a little over 6,000 rounds through it, the LR-308 looks about the same.

First upper pic is the LR-308. Second is the R10. The second upper pic is the R10. I was really having trouble getting a good picture of that one.

Attachments

scrumpdeleos

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2018
excuse my ignorance, but is this a DI or a piston system rifle? I have seen reports of it being both DI and piston, and i am really lost...

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I bet POF would take some measurements if you *emailed* them. That would give them plenty of time, instead of doing it on the fly/over the phone. I've just received a returned email from Adams Arms. The reply said , well, I'll just show you.

Attachments

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Wait, your R10 is DI ? Ok, now I'm lost. The original post #1 said they made improvements/updated model. What else did they change ?

Last edited:

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Here is a video discussing the updated model. The main differences are the rail, which is M-Lok and uses two mounting bolts rather than one, and an adjustable gas block. The guy holding the rifle says he is the PR manager, so I’m guessing he’s not a full blown gun nerd or engineer, because while discussing the two position gas block he says there is “a suppressed and unsuppressed piston”. Everything I’ve found on the updated model says it’s still DI, so I think it was just a slip of words on his part.

Attachments

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I was under the impression you had a piston, thats why I suggested the POF Roller Pin. As far as I know, DI rifle don't have any problems, which is probably the reason POF invented the thing. Anyway, I actually did a Google search after I posted my last reply and found your other thread on AR15.com. I must say, I've learned alot from you alone, thanks ! I have a library of your pictures saved on my computer...lol...You answered one of my other questions (over there) about the ejector being different. After reading your thread, I remailed POF and Remington for some other specifics. I'm determined to get a Roller Cam Pin, even if its not a issue. :giggle:

Reactions: UncleverUsername

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I emailed POF and told them I had three rifles; R10, DPMS Recon G2 and Adams Arms 308. I told them I wanted measurements of their Roller Cam Pin in hopes that I could fit one in my rifles. Their response was it will fit all three models !

Attachments

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
I emailed POF and told them I had three rifles; R10, DPMS Recon G2 and Adams Arms 308. I told them I wanted measurements of their Roller Cam Pin in hopes that I could fit one in my rifles. Their response was it will fit all three models !
I would not have expected that. If you get one be sure to let us know if it fits. For the price it’s probably a decent upgrade but I’m too lazy to be the guinea pig haha.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
This from a man with $5000 worth of iron...lol...ok. Honestly, I'm probably a few months away from purchasing anything. I just started back taking some college classes, which is why I"m spending so much time on the computer. Its easy to get distracted by the antigun politics when I have the news streaming. In turn, I start shopping for another rifle. I'm leaning towards the R10 heavily at this point. Thanks for all your help !
Edit: I paid about $20 for the one on my AR15, so I bought three ! Got one in both AR15s, and one spare.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Oh yeah, all most forgot.
If your rifle is DI, you'll most likely have to remove the gas key to install it (if you get one). On piston rifles with a solid/single piece BCG, they just pop in without issue (like my Adama Arms). However, my DI AR15 required me to remove the gas key, until I replaced it with a notched gas key from POF. I just recently got wise to your R10 being the DI model, which shouldn't have any gouging issues....hopefully.

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Oh yeah, all most forgot.
If your rifle is DI, you'll most likely have to remove the gas key to install it (if you get one). On piston rifles with a solid/single piece BCG, they just pop in without issue (like my Adama Arms). However, my DI AR15 required me to remove the gas key, until I replaced it with a notched gas key from POF. I just recently got wise to your R10 being the DI model, which shouldn't have any gouging issues....hopefully.
It’s not a roller cam pin, but it isn’t square. And Adams Arms confirmed they fit the G2 BCG.

https://www.adamsarms.net/vdi-cam-pin-small-frame

USMC_JA

Private
Belligerents
Dec 13, 2010
Not sure if this has been said, but rumor is that Big Green is getting out of the AR business. DPMS and Bushmaster were recently shut down. AAC is on life support.

Caveat emptor.

ETA: Holy shit. Did not see the date of the original post.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Uncleverusername, I received another response from POF with the roller pin measurements...see photo.
As for the Adams Arms rifles, I like them alot !!! The piston is just like LWRC from what I've seen. They're dang near identical as a matter of fact ! They are both one piece Op Rods that self clean and the Op Rod is the actual piston which is really an external piston design. When compared to other manufactures, those have a seperate Op Rod with a internal piston inside the gas block. And not only that, both LWRC and Adams Arms have a return spring on the Op Rod. Several other manufactures don't even have a return spring, but rather rely on the buffer spring to return the Op Rod home. The Adams Arms 308 lower receiver is also machined for ambidextrous bolt catch. However, the actual lever is not included with the rifle; its a add on option.
As for the R10, I emailed Remington to ask for diagram of the piston system; but haven't gotten a response. Does any one know how the R10 piston is designed ?

EDIT: Thought I would throw this in, LWRC piston operation video. My Adams Arms is *almost* exactly like this. But the more I pay attention to this video, I think I like Adams Arms better.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 45.308

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Uncleverusername, I received another response from POF with the roller pin measurements...see photo.
As for the Adams Arms rifles, I like them alot !!! The piston is just like LWRC from what I've seen. They're dang near identical as a matter of fact ! They are both one piece Op Rods that self clean and the Op Rod is the actual piston which is really an external piston design. When compared to other manufactures, those have a seperate Op Rod with a internal piston inside the gas block. And not only that, both LWRC and Adams Arms have a return spring on the Op Rod. Several other manufactures don't even have a return spring, but rather rely on the buffer spring to return the Op Rod home. The Adams Arms 308 lower receiver is also machined for ambidextrous bolt catch. However, the actual lever is not included with the rifle; its a add on option.
As for the R10, I emailed Remington to ask for diagram of the piston system; but haven't gotten a response. Does any one know how the R10 piston is designed ?

EDIT: Thought I would throw this in, LWRC piston operation video. My Adams Arms is *almost* exactly like this. But the more I pay attention to this video, I think I like Adams Arms better.
The R10 is direct impingement just like the DPMS G2. The updated model is also DI. Adams Arms makes good stuff.

And yes, Remington (Cerberus) killed off Tapco, Bushmaster, and DPMS. The good thing is Remington is still offering the R-25 (G2 platform) and the R-10 (G2+ platform). The better thing is Adams Arms offers the exact same ambidextrous G2 lower on their short frame guns and they are less expensive than the R10. At this point, I can no longer recommend the R10.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
EDITED:
The Adams Arms doesn't have full ambi controls, it only has bolt catch. I'm under the impression it doesn't release. Nor does it have ambi mag release. I don't know why they half assed it ...go figure.
Are you positive that the R10 is no longer available in piston form ? From what I read, it was originally a piston rifle. It didn't become DI until last year.
Also, are you saying that DPMS is no longer manufacturing the 308 G2 ? Or, there is no longer a DPMS company ?

Last edited:

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
EDITED:
The Adams Arms doesn't have full ambi controls, it only has bolt catch. I'm under the impression it doesn't release. Nor does it have ambi mag release. I don't know why they half assed it ...go figure.
Are you positive that the R10 is no longer available in piston form ? From what I read, it was originally a piston rifle. It didn't become DI until last year.
Also, are you saying that DPMS is no longer manufacturing the 308 G2 ? Or, there is no longer a DPMS company ?
Here’s an article from 2017 that states the R10 is direct impingement:
https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/remington-r10/

There was an older model that Remington came out with in like 2013 that was piston driven, but was never actually released. It was a full size frame though. The R10 has always been direct impingement.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
Those same people "Tactical Life" have a video with a Remington representative saying its a piston. The video was published December 2019. Pay attention at the 1:50 mark. Unless he got his terminology mixed up, I understand him saying its a piston rifle.
Also, you never answered if the DPMS company still manufactures the G2, or not.

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Those same people "Tactical Life" have a video with a Remington representative saying its a piston. The video was published December 2019. Pay attention at the 1:50 mark. Unless he got his terminology mixed up, I understand him saying its a piston rifle.
Also, you never answered if the DPMS company still manufactures the G2, or not.
Yeah I noticed that too, but he’s also a director of PR, so probably not an engineer. My guess is he misspoke. And technically Stoner’s DI design is a type of piston, it’s just the BCG is the actual piston that pushes everything back while pushing the bolt forward. I’ve emailed Remington a couple times regarding the R10 and have received no response.

What’s interesting is the G2 site is still up.

https://dpms-gii.com/full.html

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I just noticed the DPMS has a one piece bolt carrier. Is the R10 the same way ? If so, I guess the POF roller pin should just drop in without any issues. I mean POF said it fits and Adams Arms has a round head on theirs.
If I could just find a R10 lower receiver, I'd go Adams Arms upper with a POF cam pin. In 6.5 Creedmoor, of course...lol

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
I just noticed the DPMS has a one piece bolt carrier. Is the R10 the same way ? If so, I guess the POF roller pin should just drop in without any issues. I mean POF said it fits and Adams Arms has a round head on theirs.
If I could just find a R10 lower receiver, I'd go Adams Arms upper with a POF cam pin. In 6.5 Creedmoor, of course...lol
I wouldn’t hold my breath for Remington to release lowers. They’re not exactly doing the MSR fan club any favors right now.

If I were you, I’d just get the Adams Arms whole rifle. That way you’ll have the full factory warranty. $20 or whatever gets you the ambi bolt catch. As you pointed out, the Norton (or similar) ambi mag will work. Plus, Adams Arms posted in a thread over at AR15.com that they will continue to support their short frame series of rifles and even said he will be discussing with his engineers about releasing DI carriers for the G2 owners. I really like the R10, but after this fiasco I regret giving a single penny to Remington Arms. I understand that this sort of thing happens in business, but to not make even a single announcement at SHOT show or publicly was a terrible way to handle this. Others have reported that they bought items from DPMS when they had a 50% off store-wise Black Friday sale, but when they asked Remington about a time line on receiving these goods that they had already paid for, they were told by Remington that all orders that haven’t shipped yet we’re being cancelled. No one has received a refund yet. At this point, I have no reason to support Remington any further. My best hope is that new management will come in and make an effort to support us lowly peasants again one day.

SgtPepper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2020
I'm almost certain I remember either reading, or hearing on Gun Talk Radio that Remington is owned by a Asian Company ... Its a conspiracy 😄 ...EDIT: It may have been a sarcastic joke, but I didn't take it that way at the time. A quick Google search and I found that in March 2018 JP Morgan took control. From there, who knows ? 🤔

Last edited:

UncleverUsername

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
I'm almost certain I remember either reading, or hearing on Gun Talk Radio that Remington is owned by a Asian Company ... Its a conspiracy 😄 ...EDIT: It may have been a sarcastic joke, but I didn't take it that way at the time. A quick Google search and I found that in March 2018 JP Morgan took control. From there, who knows ? 🤔
JP Morgan is the main creditor/lendor from Cerberus/Freedom Group/Remington’s bankruptcy that was filed in 2018. JP Morgan is extremely unfriendly toward gun companies, much like Bank of America, so who knows what stipulations JPM required from Remington in order to keep them afloat. I wouldn’t be surprised if killing off Bushmaster, DPMS, Tapco, and Storm lake barrels was part of a requirement to fund their bankruptcy.