Redding Graphite in Ceramic Media

goinghunting

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Minnesota
Anyone using this? I picked some up and was going to try.

How are you applying? Dipping bullet base in media, or neck of case (seems like too much is wasted on outside of neck that way)....

I have been using a qtip and wiping on inside of neck and seems to work, but a pain in the butt.

Onyx Z

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2018
Imperial dry lube? Just dip the case mouth before bushing neck sizing and the bullet base before seating.

For bullet seating, it helps prevent cold-welding of the bullet to the brass.

Reactions: TheMammoth

918v

Manipulated by Variables
Belligerents
Jul 15, 2007
Miserable CA
Ur supposed to dip the case into the media. If you elect to dip bullets, you’re not going to see the same results because the graphite will get scraped off by the case mouth during seating.

Reactions: Sig Marine

goinghunting

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Minnesota
Yes I meant the Imperial Dry Lube. Sorry didn't have it in front of me...

I've been using the Imperial Wax or whatever it's called wiped on the brass prior to sizing, and wiping the Imperial dry lube inside case necks with q-tip prior to seating bullet...

Jay McLean

Extra Private
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2017
Middle Tennessee
I only use it for bushing neck sizing. I did a test in which I dipped bullets and compared to non dipped bullets with the same components. There was no difference in either accuracy or SD/ES.

sabrecross

Forever a Minuteman
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
DFW, Texas
Anyone using this? I picked some up and was going to try.

How are you applying? Dipping bullet base in media, or neck of case (seems like too much is wasted on outside of neck that way)....

I have been using a qtip and wiping on inside of neck and seems to work, but a pain in the butt.
Yes, much cleaner & faster application than the wax. I mainly use it for neck sizing.

bobke

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2010
Bandera, Texas
It’s really not meant to be used anywhere other than as a neck lube, and does a great job, in my experience. I do anneal, and get very acceptable neck concentricities and less grabbing of the nexk when pulling the sizing button back through neck. Highly recommend it’s use.

mijp5

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
May 7, 2009
I did for about 10 years. No biggie. The lube does make it a little easier but performance is similar