Recommend books

May 17, 2018
I'm a 68 year old "conservative". That said I became voracious reader after reading the book by Dee Brown called "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West". You see I grew up with my best friend an American Indian in the Deep South of Arkansas. My second cousin you see had graduated Texas A&M as a history major so that is what I started of my freshman year in college as. By the end of that year I changed my major but that is another story. I found ""Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West" in a local bookstore and bought it.

You see not only was my best friend American Indian but a branch of my family were Cherokee also. Now my father being a WWII Company First Sargent had raised me fiercely patriotic. He had taught me close order drill from an early age so that when I got into college in ROTC, I had drilling down pat. What I learned about American History made me sick and what I read in "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West" only made me sicker to my stomach. I changed my major to Psychology as I wanted to try to understand the human mind. During my senior year I took all graduate level classes for undergraduate credit and pretty much set the grade curve. I no longer accepted university textbooks as accurate but referenced many outside sources as well. My concentration was on abnormal psychology and personality manipulation of the extremely mentally ill. I missed a double major in Sociology by two hours.

I have read books on crime scene investigation, patterning serial killers, behavioral analysis as well as taken University Course Work post graduate into crime scene investigation and criminalistics.

Top Bottom