RBG temporarily blocks...

OldSalty

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
subpoena for Trumps tax returns. She oversees emergency requests for the SC.

Interesting quote attributed to RBG:

"He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that,” Ginsburg said.

IMO, she should recuse herself from this case due to explicit bias.

This one will be fun to watch.

Reactions: Milf Dots

GUN NUT in IA

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2017
"Ruth Bader Ginsburg came to the rescue of President Donald Trump."

I don't believe President Donald Trump needs "rescued" in anything he does - and certainly not by her.

XLR308

Old Salt
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Grand Junction, Colorado
She has one foot in the grave allready and the other one is developing gain green.
Let Frankenburg dig it's own grave and the Demonrats will put her in it when she no longer serves thier purpose for keeping her alive.

Maser

Friendliest Faggot
Belligerents
May 17, 2006
/pol/
www.youtube.com
I don't see what's so difficult to understand here. In my eyes it's nothing more than one NY Democrat defending another NY Democrat.

Reactions: OldSalty

OldSalty

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
I too, am confused about this.

Truly.
Yep, same.

But one thing I do believe is RBG should not be ruling on this case. It is impossible for her personal biases not to influence or appear to influence her ruling.

I am however also conflicted. Will need to think on it more.

Reactions: Bender

Bender

Known Troll
Belligerents
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
The ONLY thing that makes sense to me is it hurts trump more to keep it vague so he can be guilty by presumption.

But I’m probably over thinking things.

But yet, today, nothing surprises me.

But I’m easily confused.

Bender

Known Troll
Belligerents
Feb 12, 2014
Cheyenne WY.
There is nothing to be confused about. The man is despised by her but it would open pandoras box for all her demoncratic friends/fellow politicians. She can't have their tax returns audited.
True. It would set a precedent

357Max

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2019
Marylandistan
I have theory.
RBG is a Lib (Super Lib), and back in her hay day that meant something different then it does now. Hell the ACLU of 25 - 30 years ago would have stood up for Trump on this issue (not a chance today). Maybe her short term (as in past 20 years) memory is giving out and she is devolving back into her old liberal ways. Could mean she's now more conservative then some of the current Rino's

Had Hilldabeast won in 2016........Guess who was on her short list to replace RBG
1575787465313.png
"Karlan, one of the three pro-impeachment legal scholars hand-picked by House Democrats, was reportedly too far-left to be considered as a viable Supreme Court nominee for Obama, according to a 2009 New York Times article detailing Obama’s search."

RBG = old school liberal (there used to be a fair bit of common ground between them and libertarians).
Karlan = Not liberal, Hard fucking radical left kook. She would have been nominated to SCOTUS had Hillery won, and still may be if Warren were to pull off a win.

OldSalty

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
There is nothing to be confused about. The man is despised by her but it would open pandoras box for all her demoncratic friends/fellow politicians. She can't have their tax returns audited.
This was clear.

I am conflicted on my stance. TBH, there are many good arguments supporting both sides.

Its politicians getting rich while in office as well...

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
Y'all are crazy if you think that the tax returns of politicians would show anything.
They have their asses covered by trusts, foundations and other shit they set up. Their friends and family members getting rich from pork doesn't show up on tax returns.

Trump's return is nothing more than for the communists to dig into to find something to embarrass Trump. It's nothing but looking for a headline.

Reactions: SilentStalkr

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the N
Yep, same.

But one thing I do believe is RBG should not be ruling on this case. It is impossible for her personal biases not to influence or appear to influence her ruling.

I am however also conflicted. Will need to think on it more.
I think she did the right legal thing. She is the emergency decision maker. She went with the precedent law in this. And if she had not, she would have lost all credibility across the board.

I think it shows that she is firing on all cylinders, at some level. Even if she was probably not happy having to do it. She knew she had to.

Also maybe a good indication that the real RBG is alive And deciding. Her zealot staff or a stand-in would not have issued the hold.

Be thankful that the emergency watch officer was not Sotamayor(sp?) or Roberts... RBG May be on the wrong side of everything we stand for when it comes to policy and the Constitution... but you have to give her an A for grit and integrity.

I hate it when people I am against have integrity.

Cheers, Sirhr

FS1

Unbalanced
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2014
Earth
The ONLY thing that makes sense to me is it hurts trump more to keep it vague so he can be guilty by presumption.

But I’m probably over thinking things.

But yet, today, nothing surprises me.

But I’m easily confused.
Two things:

She would have been challenged for her past remarks had she not ruled in his favor.

Also if there were anything real real bad in his returns it would have already been leaked by the resistance. So yes, maybe it’s all about keeping the issue in doubt.