Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 Riflescope

rhust

New Hide Member
Dec 5, 2018
Just purchased a Seekins Havak pro hunter PH1 in 6.5 PRC, and want to put a Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 Riflescope on it. Any feedback on this scope? Thanks

Wyzrd

Harder than a coffin nail
Feb 13, 2017
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I’m really digging mine! A little chunky to go on a hunting rifle, but it tracks spot on, has great glass, nice locking turrets, etc...

rhust

New Hide Member
Dec 5, 2018
Most of my hunting rifles/scope combos weigh about 10 lbs, but I think this one will weigh a little more. I was not sure about this combo either, but I will have to get it put together and see how it works out. I wanted to go with some really good glass. For the type of hunting I do it should work fine (hopefully).

If I was going on a sheep hunt I would be running a different combo for sure.

What optic is everyone running on their 7 lbs hunting rifles?

Rob01

Super Mod/Team Blaster
Staff member
Jul 9, 2001
NC
www.teamblaster.net
It's an awesome scope. Been using one for years on my match rifles. A ton of elevation, great big eye box, great glass and reticle and the usual Razor II knobs and features. Can't go wrong with it.

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 18, 2010
Southern MD
What optic is everyone running on their 7 lbs hunting rifles?
Im using the Bushnell 3-12 LRHS. The reticle is awesome for hunting and 12x is plenty mag for a dedicated hunting rifle. It does give up glass quality to the gen 2 razor, but I find I use my binoculars for scanning anyways. Once I spot an animal, the LRHS is plenty to get a shot off.

z7.jled

Online Training Member
Feb 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
As long as you don’t hate the weight of the scope/rifle combo you will be happy with the 3-18 vortex

The reticle in 3x is small, but if you need to take a shot on a critter at close range, turn the illumination on to make thr reticle “pop” more

Some vortex defender scope covers should work well and are cheap