PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Mar 7, 2018
Arizona
While the news of the email is good, I have chosen to temper my excitement. It's still single source/unverified info at this point. There are a boat load of us that ordered within 24 hours of the opening that haven't been emailed. There may have been an issue with that individual's order.... who knows?
I ordered before 11:00 am on the first day. Also, I ordered a short action and long action. I only got notification on my short action.

I'm hoping they start rolling off the production line.

flyer

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 25, 2018
Well that puts me probably about 400 behind.

If the batches are 50 actions, I'll be batch 9-10 (calling PVA's order #1).

Aug 3, 2017
Well that puts me probably about 400 behind.

If the batches are 50 actions, I'll be batch 9-10 (calling PVA's order #1).
All speculation here, but hey, since we apparently can't help but speculate....

ARC order numbers aren't all solely nucleus actions. As Josh stated earlier in this thread, the John Hancock Rifle actions are awaiting variance marking approval through BATFE. This lends me to believe Ted/ARC has completed all of the initial JHR earmarked receivers and is now moving on to other vendors/individual orders. The post above with an invoice supports this theory, and as a business if ARC isn't processing/cutting/moving product they're wasting time/money, so it would be a logical next step. I'm guessing we'll start seeing Nucleus actions going out that are not dependent on the marking variance. This also jives with Josh's updates suggesting early June.

All that said, I'm excited for both ARC and PVA to have this finally coming to market. I'm sure they're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but there's still much work to be done.

Feb 18, 2017
Albuquerque, nm
Why do you insist on pulling random numbers out of wherever you are pulling them from?
You get so heated on this thread. Just relax. All this speculation is at least giving me something to read throughout the day! I'm anxious.. Really anxious but I know it's going to get here when it gets here. Also, how you like that bergara? Found one local and they seem to be really nice

lash

Swamp Rat
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
You get so heated on this thread. Just relax. All this speculation is at least giving me something to read throughout the day! I'm anxious.. Really anxious but I know it's going to get here when it gets here. Also, how you like that bergara? Found one local and they seem to be really nice
I do not own a bergera, but often run a long range practice locally and watched a guy with his first long range rifle, a bergera, make consistent hits out to 1000 yards. I was frankly impressed with the whole package.

Winny94

Sergeant
Nov 19, 2013
I'm not heated, just confused why the same poster refuses to listen to anyone and keeps throwing out random numbers that just keep adding to confusion.

I dropped it in an MPA, and I was impressed by the slickness of the bolt. I'm hoping to get it to the range this weekend, but weather ain't looking great. Tonight I'm mounting up the Kahles on an Area 419 rail (which is a beautiful rail). I'm half-assed concerned I'll end up holding the bergara on par with the ARC haha

Bradu

Aug 24, 2011
IL
Why do you insist on pulling random numbers out of wherever you are pulling them from?
I merely come here for the entertainment lol. We all know that having a rifle built is dependent on parts and usually when something new is introduced there are almost always delays. It sucks but it's part of it. I'm sure that ARC and PVA are doing everything they can to get the product to the customers as soon as possible. They want the product out to you guys just as bad because that's how they make their money. Not to mention, they want to keep everyone happy.

Mar 7, 2018
Arizona
While the news of the email is good, I have chosen to temper my excitement. It's still single source/unverified info at this point. There are a boat load of us that ordered within 24 hours of the opening that haven't been emailed. There may have been an issue with that individual's order.... who knows?
I'm the guy that got the email. Until I see it in my hands, and others getting the email, believe me, I am being honest and limited about my expectations... especially if I am the only dude who got an email.

And, it is kinda fun to stir the pot a little bit. But, don't take that as a sign I made it up, LOL.

I'll be back with updates. I know why I kept coming back to this thread!

Sep 28, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
How's your 223 barrel shoot? I'm at 19+ weeks and waiting for my PVA 223 prefit barrel after being told they'd be done with it last week, and then this week, now told next week...:cry:
My 223 is a Criterion and it shoots in the .4's.

The PVA I got is 6.5x47L but I haven't been able to shoot it yet. It's installed on my action just waiting for my McMillan to get back from CDI. I would have it all together by now but I waited like a dummy to send it to him and he had a back log as well.

Hang in there man, it should be worth it.

BoilerUP

Gunny Sergeant
Jan 16, 2011
Clark Co., IN
Thanks for the reply...for some reason I thought your prefit was a 223.

I certainly understand 'stuff happens' and nothing is ever ready when we want it (yesterday)...but I said upthread, I can be an impatient bastard and its tough having missed the entire spring shooting season.

PPPPPP on my part...

Feb 10, 2017
TX
How's your 223 barrel shoot? I'm at 19+ weeks and waiting for my PVA 223 prefit barrel after being told they'd be done with it last week, and then this week, now told next week...:cry:
Im at 18+ weeks for my 223.
I wish I hadnt said "I dont mind the additional lead time" though I was under the assumption that it would be a few weeks as opposed to months because it seemed others on the forum were getting their stuff in a week or two tops when I ordered.
Then I got excited when a bunch of 223 tubes were getting cut a couple weeks ago about the same time that the guy cancelled his order and got bitched out on here. Turns out were building new tripods now and not barrels. Oh well... the wait continues.

BoilerUP

Gunny Sergeant
Jan 16, 2011
Clark Co., IN
Yea, I really don't want to be "that guy", an impatient bitch customer whining about wait times that constantly needs progress updates and takes employees away from making chips.

Like most impatient bastards, I want my stuff yesterday but 100% understand quality can't be rushed and I'm totally willing to wait for a top-notch product. I also know PVA has their hands full with a couple dozen different balls in the air.

It is just a wee bit frustrating to be told one thing and not have it come to fruition, then have that cycle repeat a couple more times. Had I known it'd take THIS long for a prefit barrel, I'd likely have gone a different route.

Its almost worse than waiting for a stamp...oh well...

Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
From my perspective, this whole delay was a careful plan to support the firearms industry. (Totally joking about in case anyone is wont to take it otherwise)

But seriously, I'm starting a slow build on a .224 Valkyrie due to the delay. And I mean, it is a slow build. Even so, I believe I may finish this first.

I'm truly not in a hurry as I am lucky enough to have a rifle or so to keep me shooting in the meantime.

Jan 23, 2014
Southern AZ
Yea, I really don't want to be "that guy", an impatient bitch customer whining about wait times that constantly needs progress updates and takes employees away from making chips.

Like most impatient bastards, I want my stuff yesterday but 100% understand quality can't be rushed and I'm totally willing to wait for a top-notch product. I also know PVA has their hands full with a couple dozen different balls in the air.

It is just a wee bit frustrating to be told one thing and not have it come to fruition, then have that cycle repeat a couple more times. Had I known it'd take THIS long for a prefit barrel, I'd likely have gone a different route.

Its almost worse than waiting for a stamp...oh well...
Sounds to me like you’ve become, “that guy”!

Top Bottom