PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
I would be interested in hearing PVA's opinion on ARC temporally no longer selling the Barloc due to POI shifts.
Can we get source? Thanks!

Just checked the ARC website and Barloc shows "temp out of stock".

I just bought a indexed recoil lug collared Barloc for shouldered bbl. It's gonna be for a LA Archimedes.

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Got my JH rifle in 6.5cm and it’s a beaut. Got it cleaned up and ready to hit the range the next couple days breaking in and testing speeds/groups.

I’ll keep updating as I go.

Still haven’t decided which optic I’m going to mount tonight. I currently have a Gen2 razor, a K624i and an ATACR 4-16 with no home. I’ll have a couple beers and think about it. Lol.

One thing to note, apparently there’s no coupon for a PVA brake anymore in the box (unless my ffl ganked it which I doubt). I was only going to test their brake because of the discount, so for now I’ll be using my Area419 hellfire.

Edit: and yes, for anyone who saw my previous post, I shortened a vacation to get home to my rifle I’d been waiting over a year for. 😂

One1Bravo

Ops4
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Still waiting on my JHR to ship from payment made Jan 14. Received another email asking go pay today. Jeremy got back to me quickly saying it was a system error and my rifle should be shipping very soon.

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
Got my JH rifle in 6.5cm and it’s a beaut. Got it cleaned up and ready to hit the range the next couple days breaking in and testing speeds/groups.

Still haven’t decided which optic I’m going to mount tonight. I currently have a Gen2 razor, a K624i and an ATACR 4-16 with no home. I’ll have a couple beers and think about it. Lol.

One thing to note, apparently there’s no coupon for a PVA brake anymore in the box (unless my ffl ganked it which I doubt). I was only going to test their brake because of the discount, so for now I’ll be using my Area419 hellfire.

Edit: and yes, for anyone who saw my previous post, I shortened a vacation to get home to my rifle I’d been waiting over a year for. 😂
Mammoth, did you look on the small user manual box for the discount code? Mine was on the lower left corner of the label, where my battery is sitting. It’s possible the codes were only given up to a certain date.

75665CE6-73A7-4E64-BD63-DA2B94E378D7.jpeg

Oh, and....

One1Bravo

Ops4
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
So now PVA is building your rifle.
....you're not understanding. I know that they're building my rifle....or finishing the rifle. But most of the folks that made their final payments on the same day as me had their rifles ship last week. Order numbers both before and after mine. I was simply stating that my order may have slipped through the cracks (what it sounded like) and putting the information out there in case anyone else is in the same boat. Or mine could have just been last on the list. Just trying to share information. People have been waiting for the rifles for a long time.

PatMiles

Private
Belligerents
Feb 25, 2017
....you're not understanding. I know that they're building my rifle....or finishing the rifle. But most of the folks that made their final payments on the same day as me had their rifles ship last week. Order numbers both before and after mine. I was simply stating that my order may have slipped through the cracks (what it sounded like) and putting the information out there in case anyone else is in the same boat. Or mine could have just been last on the list. Just trying to share information. People have been waiting for the rifles for a long time.
My comments were meant to be tongue in cheek, I'm yankin yur chain.

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It..
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
It may depend on the caliber of your rifle. Depending on what reamer is in the machine or what reamer is going in the machine next may determine when your rifle ships.

Reactions: TheMammoth

Cup O Joe

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2018

Mine took 200rds for the barrel to speed up and settle down. Don’t bother working up a load till you put 200rds down the tube to break it in. Mine went a full 120fps faster with the same load from new to round 200. Enjoy your new rifle man.

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Mammoth, did you look on the small user manual box for the discount code? Mine was on the lower left corner of the label, where my battery is sitting. It’s possible the codes were only given up to a certain date.

Oh, and....

I'll post some pics up! haha, my work bench was a disaster so I didn't want to embarass myself.

I'll look for that box, my packaging was BADLY damaged so that may be why I didnt see it.

Mine took 200rds for the barrel to speed up and settle down. Don’t bother working up a load till you put 200rds down the tube to break it in. Mine went a full 120fps faster with the same load from new to round 200. Enjoy your new rifle man.
I saw that, and had planned accordingly :) I've got a few hundred rounds of generic rounds loaded up just to watch the speeds until it flattens.

I'm also happy to say that whatever "bump on close" problem the bolts were having seems to be completely absent on my unit. Smooth as silk.

Random_Scrub

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2018
Virginia
I'm also happy to say that whatever "bump on close" problem the bolts were having seems to be completely absent on my unit. Smooth as silk.
They stated that more recent batch of actions includes the new bolt head design which was supposed to fix the issue. Glad to hear it was resolved.

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
Dang it. I didn’t realize that. I only have 90 rounds down mine. I guess I need to go shoot it some more.

I'll post some pics up! haha, my work bench was a disaster so I didn't want to embarass myself.

I'll look for that box, my packaging was BADLY damaged so that may be why I didnt see it.
Yep, that was the one concern, and a little disappointment, I had when my rifle arrived, it’s not packaged well at all. The zip ties they use had pulled loose and the rifle was just flopping around in the box. PVA should really pack their rifles better. A little foam would go a long way at protecting them a little better.

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Yep, that was the one concern, and a little disappointment, I had when my rifle arrived, it’s not packaged well at all. The zip ties they use had pulled loose and the rifle was just flopping around in the box. PVA should really pack their rifles better. A little foam would go a long way at protecting them a little better.
Agreed. At least there's netting on the barrel but the gun was literally flopping around, box was heavily damaged and had gotten wet/falling apart.

I know they're saving costs everywhere they can for the price point but it was a bit disappointing.

J-Ham

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 21, 2009
Whitefish, MT
I know this is a bit off topic, but I received a rifle from Mark Gordon one time & was so impressed with the box he shipped it in I had to keep it thinking it might be useful someday, haha!

Reactions: winniethepooh

beenawhile1

Private
Belligerents
Feb 26, 2013
While I agree, I also think an update with some time frames (possible order mumbers) would alleviate the calls and emails that they're getting.

Reactions: man32ahan

jcwarrior87

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 6, 2009
Selah, Wa
I'm in denial
While I agree, I also think an update with some time frames (possible order mumbers) would alleviate the calls and emails that they're getting.
Time frames.... that is funny.... they tried that at the start.... look how that is working..... last one I got says I should have my gun by now

beenawhile1

Private
Belligerents
Feb 26, 2013
Ya, I got am email in October confirming the specs on my Barreled action. Got my hopes up, been almost 13 months now and a few cock tease updates.

Sconnie42

Private
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2017
Would be nice if PVA would provide an update.

Facts:
I’ve been emailed twice now that I need to pay - once in Dec with a quick mea culpa from Jeremy that because my order is a Left Hand rifle, it was in error.

Then I received the email again on Jan 14. I paid the next day. I asked to confirm FFL. Jeremey emails and tells me that actually I don’t have to worry about paying right away since they are at SHOT and still working through the LH chassis mods.

I emailed again on Feb 1 and Feb 11 - no responses.

Again - would be nice to have an update.

I understand how situations like this happen, and throughout my career have been exposed to this many times. Unfortunate and tough to work through (from all sides). I’m still looking forward to receiving a PVA built rifle.

Forward543

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I'm sure they could spend all day answering calls and returning messages, but you'll never catch up if you do, so it's best to just work.
Its nice you trust a business so whole heartedly that an order placed in excess of 1 year ago is getting anyones attention. I like that level of positive thought.

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Its nice you trust a business so whole heartedly that an order placed in excess of 1 year ago is getting anyones attention. I like that level of positive thought.
Well...what real choice does anyone have? People are starting to get their orders, and the deposits are non refundable. I don't think anyone seriously thinks PVA is going to make off with deposits and never deliver.

ARC swore over and over and over at SHOT that they were in full tilt boogie production mode now so hopefully we start to see some folks get satisfaction.

Reactions: Last Chance

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017

View attachment 7022883

Oh, and....

The code was there but it didnt have the text yours does! Just the code.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Called today and yesterday. No answer.
What email have you guys emailed to be contacted back?
I've actually had better luck messaging here than email. Jonesturf responded pretty quickly to me more than once.

Reactions: man32ahan

SpeedyR

Private
Belligerents
Feb 8, 2009
ATL
Do we have any idea on how many JH rifles have been sold and how many have been delivered?
not that I am aware of. I have an order for a JH in the range of #38xx but I know that is just website orders for all items. I know some folks have received parts that they ordered (brakes, nuts, etc) that were after my order.

I don't need an exact date it'll be ready but just an idea of how many they are shipping a month now that things are "back to normal and on schedule with new processes and machinery" so that we have some idea of when we might get the rifles. I would assume that some smaller optioned rifles may ship later (left hand or different bolt faces?) so I tried to keep mine simple- right hand, 6.5CM, FDE stock.

This will be my first long distance rifle and just having some idea if I'll be able to shoot this summer or fall would be nice for making plans.

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Do we have any idea on how many JH rifles have been sold and how many have been delivered?
No and we never will and should have no expectation for a business to open this kind of information to the public.

TheMammoth

Overton goes Right
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I remember in one of the podcasts, Josh stated it was 197 JH rifles sold. Think it was made in August or so.
Wow, I am shocked he would give that out and I am shocked it's not higher.

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
I'm speculating that Barreled actions would be delayed if ordered with Barloc...bummer

schlaiek

LR noob
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2013
Minneapolis
I so want to call/email and ask about a status, but that would likely just add to my impatience and slow down PVA... so, I'll post here (I'm order 2331, JHR in 6.5C)
plus, it's -6 w/o windchill right now, and I'm just not masochistic enough to realistically be shooting in this weather anyway.

on a related topic, would this be a good choice for a Steiner with a 56mm bell?
https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-sp-4901-34mm-picatinny-mount-9mil-30moa-1-181/
might as well get some accessories ordered so when the rifle & scope arrive I'm ready to go...