PRS Production class scope options

flatlander

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
My wife and daughters gave me a MPA BA PMR for Fathers day/Bday and so I'm looking for a scope which keeps me within the production class rules. I've done some searching and haven't really seen anything specific to my question.

Please share what some good choices would be!

Please note, I own a GAP built rifle w USO scope and could easily shoot Tactical or open class, but production class interest me and for now I plan on shooting in this division.

Thanks

Todd

Codiekfx400

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
Damn congratulations on the wife. She has great taste. The Cronus BTR is the scope I am planning on putting on my Mpa pmr. A range report would be great once you get it shooting.

Reactions: flatlander

Hollywood 6mm

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
My understanding is that the Bushnell DMR2 Pro is now production legal as they list the scope for $1999 normally on their website, but you may want to verify that with the PRS before ordering (NOTE: The Pro is currently only listed under open box deals on the Bushnell website for some reason, and it's sold out, but does show the normal $1999.99 price). The Pro is still listed as on sale through GA Precision for $1399 and includes a free Kestrel Sportsman. IMO, that GAP deal on the Pro would be the way to go, as long as the PRS verifies it is indeed production legal.

Edit: I just checked with Ken at GAP, and the sale is good through the 22nd.

Last edited:

mmlook

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2019
San Jose
Tract Toric PRS is another good option
- very nice reticle which is similar to the EBR7c(razor gen II reticle)

I recently tested the Tract, definitely an upgrade for me, coming from a PST II

most scopes in the $1000-$2000 should be ok
as long as they have the following options, you should be ok:
1. windage marks in 0.5mil(ideally 0.2mil increments)
2. some type of Christmas tree reticle helps
3. Zero stop
4. adjustable mag
5.matching turrets to reticle(moa/moa, or mil/mil)

frost1235

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2018
Where it snows
Athlon Cronus BTR, Vortex Razor HD gen 1, and the Bushnell DMR 1/2 on the high end.

Vortex PST gen 2 on the cheaper end.

As many have mentioned to me, pick the scope the the reticle you like best. You'd be surprised at how long you'll stick with a scope due to a reticle you love.

donovan106

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Sep 5, 2017
Gilbert, AZ
I'm running that rifle and a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1, but the Razor Gen 1 will work. Just make sure you're checking the MSRP of the scope on the manufacturer's website and not just the sale price or whatever another distributor is selling it for. Keep it under $2,000 and it will keep you in Production.

Last edited:

2Barrels

Private
Belligerents
Mar 7, 2017
Probably catch some flack on this, but I have a flack jacket . . . .

OP might want to take a look at the Hawke Optiks New Frontier 30 SF FFP 4-20 Mil Pro. Checks all the boxes.

I'm new to this game (PRS), but not to high quality, accurate rifles and optics. I'm gonna "dip my toe in the PRS waters" with the above scope atop a Bergara HMR or HMR Pro. If I choose to pursue PRS further, then take a closer look at my setup. If nothing else, I can always put the scope on a prairie dog gun.

Alabusa

On the Tennessee River
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2018
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
The Athlon Ares ETR is a great scope. Good reticle, great turrets and really good glass. My only complaint with mine is the weight. It is a heavy scope.

Dombern34

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2019
that's awesome! does your wife have a sister? Athlon as stated above gives you a lot of scope for the price.

IronmanDaremo

Libtard Snowflake
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2019
Maryland
I got the Vortex Razor HD first gen. as I want to try the production class. Currently msrp of $1999, but I got a much better deal through my ExpertVoice account.

Have not mounted it, or shot with it yet. So only going by what "checked the box" for my price range and the class rules.

anotherwannabe

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2018
There are plenty of very good (but maybe not great compared to the next class up) of scopes that work, here are ones that I know people in production are shooting

Athlon Chronus BTR
Vortex Razor HD gen 1
Vortex PST genii
Leupold VX-3i LRP

Tunnuh

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
May 5, 2014
Texas
I've been using the Cronus BTR for over a year in matches and it has been spot on as far as tracking goes, the glass is really good too. I can definitely recommend this scope.

Edit: call Doug at cameralandny and ask about them when you're price comparing the options. Let him know youre a hide member.