Precision 308 ar advice needed

Panamacitymustang

New Hide Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi, I have a aero precision m5 upper and lower. I’m looking for some advice on a barrel mainly looking for a 20-24”. It’s going to be a bench gun. Price range 300-400 that has good accuracy. All help is appreciated.

Jan 20, 2014
El Paso TX
While I haven't shot either in 308 I can tell you I've had GREAT results with a Rainier Arms Ultra Match in 5.56 for a Mk12 Mod 1 build I did. I've had that gun reach out to 725m hitting small IPSC steel. Additionally, I just purchased a Ballistic Advantage Premium 6.5CM 22" barrel so I have faith that it will perform based on what I've read across the interwebs. Good luck in your build. The biggest thing is to get it built and shoot it.

PusherX11

Feb 17, 2017
+2 on Rainer arms ultra match barrels. Even if you don’t go with a Rainer barrel they have Faxon, Noveske, Proof, Battle Arms, BSF, V Seven, Christensen, to choose form as well.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
An off the shelf barrel that is a tack driver in your price range would be a Wilson 416R SS Fluted HBAR .308 1:10 barrel. Unfortunetly its only in 18" but only $265 and I reviewed this barrel last year from JSE. Absolute tack driver with 168 ELD-M and 175smk.

If you want a custom barrel in your price range give John at Keystone Accuracy a call or shoot him an email. He can do a custom button barrel to whatever contour, length, chambering you want in your price range which also shoot lights out. I have on of his button blanks on a bolt gun that is hammering. Will be probably $100 more than the Wilson but still in your price range.

www.keystoneaccuracy.com

http://www.jsesurplus.com/18WilsonArms308Hbar1x10FlutedStainlessSteelStripped.aspx

Here's my results with the 18" Wilson

Panamacitymustang

New Hide Member
Jul 8, 2018
An off the shelf barrel that is a tack driver in your price range would be a Wilson 416R SS Fluted HBAR .308 1:10 barrel. Unfortunetly its only in 18" but only $265 and I reviewed this barrel last year from JSE. Absolute tack driver with 168 ELD-M and 175smk.

If you want a custom barrel in your price range give John at Keystone Accuracy a call or shoot him an email. He can do a custom button barrel to whatever contour, length, chambering you want in your price range which also shoot lights out. I have on of his button blanks on a bolt gun that is hammering. Will be probably $100 more than the Wilson but still in your price range.

www.keystoneaccuracy.com

http://www.jsesurplus.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Oct 24, 2017
Wilson arms is different from Wilson Combat. Wilson Arms is who Padom was talking about. I have one of their 18” as well. Never tested it too much. But it was a nice shooter.

Top Bottom