Pissed at Harley the company but here is my baby

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
A simple SE stage 3. Fuel Moto header with SE open mufflers. teh wide open AC from SE, and yup I am suprised as hell my tuner is suprised as hell. This is the cheapest and most reliable power I ever put on a Harley and I've had some bigass power motors in the past.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
I had a 5 year extended warranty thrown in the deal when I bought my 17. It's kinda hard to toss that out.
The power upgrade from my 09 is impressive and sometimes I get that Tim the Tool Man vibe and want more power. But I will wait a little longer.
Good looking bike.

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
my tuner is in Dallas, when I lived in Miami I would do a round trip over the weekend to get a proper tune. Its not max power but a proper tune that really makes the difference.

is that a VH HO 2-1?

Reactions: Bender

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
No. Just the stock pipe for now. Don't want to void my warranty just yet.
I did change them from chrome to black though.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
I’ve never seen a Harley with stock pipes. Most leave the dealership with new pipes. How does that void the warranty.

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
the 107 actually seasons the stock pipes better than prior motors, he looks like he has a 2-1 so its even better. If I had to do it over I would have just put the header on and left the stockers.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
I’ve never seen a Harley with stock pipes. Most leave the dealership with new pipes. How does that void the warranty.
In the manual it states any alteration to the emissions system such as the intake and exhaust may be in violation of motor vehicle laws. Parts other than HD approved may void the warranty.
Being that the catalytic converter is in the exhaust pipe and there's only a couple of "HD approved" pipes Harley Davidson has been voiding many warranties.
They got into a spat with the EPA because they were selling known parts that are not compliant with EPA guidelines. They paid a massive fine and came up with new rules. So basically you buy tuned down Harley aftermarket stuff or loose your warranty.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
And it seems that the new M8 motor really likes a restricted exhaust. So opening it up and making it louder comes at a cost. A little bit is fine but too much has a negative return

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
Not this time, I know Howard well, I went with cheap ohlins this time,,, if I upgrade I will ride down to see the old coot. He is a grumpy dude but great to work with, took him to the VA after a crash and needed help, wife and me shuttled him til he got everything he needed. He is a marine, thus the grumpiness. Jersey boy, one town from me. When I retire I will probably go with cartridges and the #6 in the back. Had taht set up on my 09, he used my bike to experiment as I ride a lot.

I did teh set up myself. I can do my own builds too, self taught, self tuner too but Ed in Dallas is light years ahead of anyone else, I wasted so much money before I found Dyno difference, I mean I wasted thousands on just finding the right tuner.

Did Howard set your shocks up?

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
The only thing I miss with the M8 is engine braking of the Twinkies.
I am not a fan of the slip transmission. The jury is still out on the linked brakes. We have a shit ton of curvy roads here and sometimes it sux to have the front brake grab when you just want to drag the rear a little.

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
I am trying not to go crazy, I have two sport bikes, two dirt bikes and a GSA to look after also. Oh and a GROM.

Trying to be slightly financially responsible.

I think black exhaust would look killer on that paint scheme.
I am not a fan of the total black out. But cutting down a bit of the chrome is not bad.

DarnYankeeUSMC

Carpet Bagger
Belligerents
Mar 18, 2012
East TN
It's funny that when we get out of the area that for a short while the straight roads are nice. On the return trip the roads let you know when you are getting closer to home.

Reactions: ArmyJerry

powdahound76

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
@ArmyJerry

you gotta get your wife the attachment for the pressure washer that cleans the drive in a circular motion. No more stripes......

Aunt Susie got one over in LA and it works wonders on her drive. Guess her neighbors borrowed it after seeing how great it worked and how easy it was.

Nice little scooter BTW......

ArmyJerry

DidnDuNuffin
Banned !
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
Exile Island
Looks like Ill be thinking about the translab while in Le Paris land then on to the land of the vikings, then down to spaghetti land. First time no vacation in 3 years this year,

ChadL

Learning.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 16, 2017
Lincoln, NE
Ohlins Shocks, Race tech emulators, 125 HP /124 TQ under 2500 RPM.. best riding HD I ever owned and my favorite bike I ever owned.. 2017 RGU

View attachment 7113004

Great looking bike Jerry. Not necessarily my cup of tea ( I looooove sportbikes), but that is one nice bike. A gentleman I work with has a Harley. I can't recall the color scheme, but it is sooooo good looking.

Lapuapalooza

CALLING ALL
Belligerents
Dec 24, 2013
Colorado
Nice bike AJ. I prefer the looks of the street glide better, but the road glide is much more stable above 100mph, or when passing semis, etc...

Reactions: ArmyJerry

DMcyclocross

Private
Belligerents
Mar 25, 2013
NH
Nice ride, great color. I Also have a bad taste in my mouth for HD as a company but loving my new 19 rgs. Mine had the fluid transfer issue from tranny to primary, had vent installed under warranty. Still watching it closely though.

Attachments

10ring'r

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2019
Wisconsin
Nice ride there AJ! Always wanted a HD, but even here in Wi. , dealers want too much for them and don't want to make it a "win-win" kinda deal. Wanted an "Ultra" a few years ago, but ended up with GW #2. Have to admit, no bike sounds as good as a HD with pipes and lopey(?) cam! Mac:cool: