Pet Peeves at the Gym

FatBoy

Chris Hayes, Nashville TN
Jul 29, 2001
991
414
63
45
Nashville, Tennessee
Update: I had to park at a bank across the parking lot from our gym today. I hate the first 2 months of a new year. God bless the 1% of the newbies who will stick it out and actually get in shape , the other 99% are just taking up machines, lockers, floor space and oxygen. March can't get here fast enough....
 
Likes: justwoody1

Winny94

Sergeant
Nov 19, 2013
1,064
194
63
Update: I had to park at a bank across the parking lot from our gym today. I hate the first 2 months of a new year. God bless the 1% of the newbies who will stick it out and actually get in shape , the other 99% are just taking up machines, lockers, floor space and oxygen. March can't get here fast enough....
Do your resolutions last 2 months? Here by February they're thinning out
 

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Feb 14, 2017
219
20
18
Southeast OK
Here's a pet peeve and hopefully a funny story: Can't stand chicks who'll park in front of you when you're going for a PR lift. We had one at the gym I trained at in El Paso who basically laid out in front of a gent who was squatting - with somewhere in the neighborhood of six hundred on the bar. Now this place wasn't Westside, but Scott Warman and big Jim Voronin and crew would make a guest appearance from time to time, so she maybe should have known better. IMO, six is a big deal if you're a 198'r or a lite 220'er, which this fella was, and over 30 to boot. Had to go over and shuffle her off to one side so the guy could lift.

Here's the funny part: fast forward six months and I came back from five weeks at the NTC looking like a scarecrow on a diet. As I'm walking to my truck after my first squat since returning, this same chick flounces up to me and says "wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" Now, I was lifting at 198 at the time and I'm 5'11 - not exactly a fireplug. I wasn't exactly James Bond back then so I said to her "Yeah, I know, I just can't seem to maintain any thickness. What's your secret?" And walked to my truck with my chest stuck out and neck flared. As I drove away with the sounds of Skynyrd rattling the windows it occurred to me that - in her BB sized brain - telling me I'd lost a lot of weight was a compliment and that she may have had something in mind. Dodged that bullet.

Moral to the story: gym floozies come and go (wish they would just go) but big lifts and great workouts last forever.

God bless America
 
Likes: PBWalsh
People who claim to be using three different machines all in the same area. Like they own the gym or something. Circuit training or something.
This is exactly why I had to leave the $20-30/month gyms and go to the 50/month. It prices out this kind of BS. Its expensive, but I think its worth it when you walk right in and grab the equipment you want to use. Not nearly as much eye candy though.
 

crunchy

New Hide Member
Jan 1, 2019
54
15
8
Oh and another the 55 plus year old guy, who only works out his arms, and walks around like he should be on the front page of muscle magazine. Had a guy strip to his speedos and pose in front of the mirror for half and hour getting ready for a competition. No something I want to see.
 

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Jun 3, 2010
3,197
1,713
113
San Diego, Ca
2019 Bitch List:

<sarcasm>

1. People bitching about gyms.

2. People bitching about other people hogging machines (do you even lift bro? WTF are you doing on a machine?).

3. People bitching about 5 min rests between sets (ask to work in if you fell the need), because they don't lift heavy.

4. People bitching about "show" muscles versus "work" muscles (shouldn't this more accurately be a discussion of isolation versus compound lifts?)

If lifting is important to you (and I mean "important" not just a desire) buy a fucking home gym. Zero dumb asses to deal with, no scantily clad women to distract you, and nothing to bitch about (except your own shortcomings in form and strength).

:p:p:p:p:p
 
Likes: PBWalsh