ORIGIN Orders

ZEROGUY

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 21, 2018
From the experience I had with them 3-4x the quoted lead time is probably more accurate. I was around 18 weeks to have a barrel spun on and another 12 to get a replacement for that barrel due to a not so great chamber job.
Disappointing to hear, how did you know the chamber was bad?

Right now I'm just anxious to get my barrel in time for my action, I hoped ordering 2 months ahead would give them enough time. I'll start pinging them when my action is finally ready, but I don't have an ETA for that either. My invoice had the 8/15 ship date, wonder what the hold up is.

Last edited:

reubenski

First Sergeant
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
My experience with PVA has been excellent work at a fair price. Josh and Jeremy are both working a lot of hours to get products out the door we should cut them some slack for the lead times. If you want barrels quickly a savage small shank with a barrel nut is the way to go.
I think the frustration comes from overpromising your capabilities. I think PVA is really innovative and does great work but there seems to be a disconnect with their desire to produce vs their capability to produce. When Josh came out with the JH rifle I was extremely impressed, but immediately I had this thought that if they are already behind on work and can't ship or even respond to an order for something as simple as mag kits then how are they going to accomplish this ambitious plan to get JH rifles out without dissapointing customers. Especially when keeping that rifle in production class requires their barrels. And guys already can't get barrels from them. I've seen multiple prize tables at matches with free or 50% certs for barrel jobs leftover jist sitting there bc noone has confidence in getting a job done in the amount of time they want to wait, much less in the amount of time PVA promises.

BigHorn / ZAI Team

Aaron, Eric, Ray
Jul 24, 2017
Bennet, NE
www.bighornarms.com

Right now I'm just anxious to get my barrel in time for my action, I hoped ordering 2 months ahead would give them enough time. I'll start pinging them when my action is finally ready, but I don't have an ETA for that either. My invoice had the 8/15 ship date, wonder what the hold up is.
Everyone that ordered before June, roughly order number 2560, got a "ship date" of 8/15. We stated ahead of the first actions shipping that 8/15 was the projected date to start shipping all orders. We did start shipping that day and have been steadily pumping actions out every day. There hasn't been any delays along the way to get them out the door since we started shipping them. Currently, there are two double batches of receivers out for nitride due back next week and the following. We're going about as fast as we can with assembly, final payment, and shipping.

Since your ahead of that number, yours will fall somewhere in the two double batches out for processing right now. We know waiting sucks, but it's worth it in the end. We're sure of that much.

Thank you - Ray

Jul 9, 2017
orange county, ca
Everyone that ordered before June, roughly order number 2560, got a "ship date" of 8/15. We stated ahead of the first actions shipping that 8/15 was the projected date to start shipping all orders. We did start shipping that day and have been steadily pumping actions out every day. There hasn't been any delays along the way to get them out the door since we started shipping them. Currently, there are two double batches of receivers out for nitride due back next week and the following. We're going about as fast as we can with assembly, final payment, and shipping.

Since your ahead of that number, yours will fall somewhere in the two double batches out for processing right now. We know waiting sucks, but it's worth it in the end. We're sure of that much.

Thank you - Ray
I really appriciate the updates, Ray. You guys are doing a great job of keeping us informed and it means a lot to me, and I'm sure others too.

Bandit31

Semi - professional Jenga player
Feb 6, 2018
Bakersfield, Ca

Brass was deforming from tool marks.

RadKad

New Hide Member
Aug 30, 2018
You haven't got your Feb order from PVA? Shit, I didn't order until the end of July.. I'm still waiting on the suppressor, so I guess it really doesn't matter, but still.

The good news is I just made final payment on my Origin and I received the scope and mount yesterday.
What was your order # for your origin?

Last edited:

reubenski

First Sergeant
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Not sure this is even true anymore.
Keystone Accuracy appears to be someone pumping out shouldered prefits quickly.

Here's a question for the group. What's the point of a prefit iv it takes 6 to 8 months to get it and your action is sitting in the safe without a barrel. Wouldn't you be better off just sending your action to a Smith that does a good job chambering a barrel and does it in under 4 - 6 weeks.?

Bandit31

Semi - professional Jenga player
Feb 6, 2018
Bakersfield, Ca
I think Greg @ SPR pumps out pre-fits in a reasonable time as well.

I forgot about Keystone Accuracy so I emailed them and got a response back in less than 30min. Lead times are around 2 weeks or so for pre-fits ( I asked about shouldered) Also comes out cheaper than a savage pre-fit without the need for gauges, nut and wrench.

Looks like I'll be sending in the first Origin too so hopefully he'll be able to pump out shouldered pre-fits for them soon.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017
orange county, ca
Keystone Accuracy appears to be someone pumping out shouldered prefits quickly.

Here's a question for the group. What's the point of a prefit iv it takes 6 to 8 months to get it and your action is sitting in the safe without a barrel. Wouldn't you be better off just sending your action to a Smith that does a good job chambering a barrel and does it in under 4 - 6 weeks.?
I had asked about keystone barrels then got a pm from josh saying he’s cutting 6.5 barrels and they’re readily available and should ship fast. Hearing that I decided to order from him. Had I known that people have been waiting 6 months and still nothing I wouldn’t have put an order in with pva. Not hitting the panic button yet, but pva has my money already and I’d hate to have to dispute it.

BWB

Sergeant
Mar 18, 2009
SD
Finally got a little shooting in with my Origin and TS Customs chambered 22BR, I'm absolutely in love with this little rig!!! Only 26 rounds on the barrel at the moment, going to shoot some groups tonight and a little more load development. Be patient guys, these are well worth the wait!!

22BR.jpg

ZEROGUY

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 21, 2018
Just ordered a Criteron replacement bbl for my .308 savage should be here next week. May end up running it on my Origin for a while until the bbl for it shows up. Just nice to be able to interchange bbls between rifles.

mi223

Feb 14, 2017
@BigHorn / ZAI Team Curious if any more thought has been put into a long action version? How many actions would it take to to make it happen.

Who else would be interested in a long action? I am thinking a long throat 260, 300wm switch barrel

Feb 27, 2017
Are the mounting holes for the scope base at the Rem 700 locations? I was curious about Cadex Dual Strike and Lite Strike chassis compatibility.
When I had contacted them on mounting options they say the action could take two FRONT 700 bases, so I'd assume no on the cadex if it bridges both halves of the receiver.

Dec 1, 2009
Bedico, Louisiana
Finally got a little shooting in with my Origin and TS Customs chambered 22BR, I'm absolutely in love with this little rig!!! Only 26 rounds on the barrel at the moment, going to shoot some groups tonight and a little more load development. Be patient guys, these are well worth the wait!!

View attachment 6944293
What dbm are you using with that stock? Im looking to pick one up for a hunting rifle. Will probably just use the blind mag but i have a dbm sitting in the safe.

hookedonbrass

Sergeant of the Hide
May 16, 2018
Virginia
I hope Hunt’s longrange website is correct. Just ordered one lol. Tired of waiting on Nucleus. I know they are trying but I’m impatient lol
In my experience Ryan’s site is accurate. I bought up a stock of ammo of his and it immediately showed “out of stock” when I went back.

He ships quick too. He’s got a repeat customer for sure from me.

Top Bottom