NV and thermal kills...

Sledge1

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2008
Freakshow Illinois
KIMG0290.JPG

Called in 2 cats and 4 dogs tonight on our second set. Cats get a pass and my partner and I each shot a dog apiece. This one wouldn't stop for anything. He was coming straight at me and got shot about 30 steps out. He was getting big quick.

dang472

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 3, 2012
Kingston, IL
Now that's a good looking dog.
You're rockin' n rollin' now.
Thanks, didn’t see or hear anything for the first 3 stands. Played a few female long howls with some time in between. Played a female yodel howl once and 2 trotted through a frozen disced field from a blind spot. No sounds, I was actually standing up scanning and getting ready to leave. It’s been a weird start to the winter season for me.

Reactions: Frog05 and Sledge1

grants471

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
Windsor, CO
www.libertyrange.com
Cat we snuck up on last night. We were moving to some coyote howls and came upon this little guy stalking some does in an opening along a river. I was running an MK3 35mm on a Seekins 300 blk and my buddy shot this cat with a Reap IR on an Adcor AR in 762X39. I've never seen one up close, pretty wild spots and stripes.

Attachments

dang472

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 3, 2012
Kingston, IL
41D1EA18-1351-4A71-8E30-A5F05E2D8378.jpegNasty female at 226 yards. This is the first one I’ve seen that had hair loss around the neck area. My fur guy said it’s a mite and it’s pretty bad this year. I’m pretty sure I shot her boyfriend a few weeks ago in the same field.

dang472

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 3, 2012
Kingston, IL
4E98D891-3110-4427-91EA-BFC06C643CEF.jpegThis one got shot in the face. We were scanning a few of our fields on the way to another set. Saw this one just hanging out. Managed to park the truck and load the rifle. Instead of running, he laid down facing me. That was a big mistake.

JCCinOhio

Private
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2014
Got this female last night.. First shot I accidentally touched the trigger while getting a hold on my tripod, nailed her on the follow up shot. She came in after only about 10 seconds on the Nutty Nuthatch. Getting ready to go skin her so I can try my hand at tanning.

JCCinOhio

Private
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2014
XQ50 Trail on a DIY Remage build. Criterion .223 Rem barrel with Rem 700 action, Trigger tech primary trigger on a KRG Bravo.. using Pig saddle and Pig tripod. Using 55gr z-max @3100fps.

Reactions: grants471

JCCinOhio

Private
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2014
might try that "finger straight and off the trigger until you're ready to fire" trick....
I'm about as safety conscious as you can get, and do practice the finger off the trigger till ready as well as the other rules of firearm safety. I felt like I was ready, coyote was in a position to take a shot. I had just moved my finger down, but maybe 1/2 second too soon. At no point was I 'unsafe', I just missed. She had come in so quick I was a bit excited. I figured I'd get flamed for an 'accidental discharge', so it's a good lesson I guess. Guess you really won't take me out with you to show me the ropes now.. ;)

diggler1833

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 22, 2007
North Carolina and Oklahoma
Killed a big boy Friday night. Did not tape him until Saturday morning, and did that with a chain. It came to 58", so this dude was probably exceeding 350lbs live weight. Unfortunately he was castrated, and looks like a feral New Hampshire...so I'm guessing some local trash decided to let him loose after they were done showing him. Unfortunately for me is that it means hogs like this come to our pastures/meadows and start tearing them up. Oh well, I got to put him on YouTube at least.

My rifle is 36-7/8" long in this configuration for reference.
20190322 Boar Island.jpg
20190322 Boar Island (2).jpg

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
I'm about as safety conscious as you can get, and do practice the finger off the trigger till ready as well as the other rules of firearm safety. I felt like I was ready, coyote was in a position to take a shot. I had just moved my finger down, but maybe 1/2 second too soon. At no point was I 'unsafe', I just missed. She had come in so quick I was a bit excited. I figured I'd get flamed for an 'accidental discharge', so it's a good lesson I guess. Guess you really won't take me out with you to show me the ropes now.. ;)
lol...somebody has to bust your balls. I don't think anyone would have known of you didn't tell. didn't look unsafe.

Reactions: JCCinOhio

FF05

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Australia
A good Boar out of half a dozen I cut down in a mob last night. Busy digging in a 2ft deep hole, he pretty much dug his own grave...

Reactions: deersniper