HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Nosler® Unveils 6mm - 115 Grain Reduced Drag Factor™ (RDF) Bullet

Bend, Ore – May 15, 2019 –
Nosler®, Inc. announced the Reduced Drag Factor™ (RDF) bullet line will be expanded to include a 6mm, 115 grain HPBT. The entire RDF bullet line features the highest BCs and smallest, most consistent meplats of any hollow point match bullet line on the market.

With the introduction of this bullet, distances that were once too far to consistently and accurately shoot are now a reality. This 115 grain bullet was specifically designed to function in 6mm cartridges with barrel twist rates of 1-7.5” or faster and like all RDF bullets, is not intended for big game hunting.

The RDF™ line was designed from the ground up by Nosler’s world-class team of engineers with the goal of delivering exceptionally high BCs that result in the flattest trajectory and least wind drift possible. Several key design factors contribute to the RDF’s game-changing performance. Nosler’s meticulously optimized compound ogive, which bridges traditional tangent and secant bullet shapes, is insensitive to seating depth, allowing handloaders to seat bullets with ease, an advantage for competitors who often load hundreds of rounds per sitting in preparation for a match. Also lending itself to the bullet’s sleek form factor is a long, drag reducing boattail, making the RDF optimal for long range efficiency.

When compared side-by-side, shooters will immediately notice a striking visual contrast between Nosler’s RDF and today’s leading industry match bullets, with a hollow point so small it’s nearly undetectable to the naked eye. The bullet’s tightly profiled design boasts a 40% average reduction in meplat size, completely eliminating the need to point and trim tips—a laborious step performed by match shooters in order to achieve increased ballistic efficiency and an edge over the competition.

Nosler’s 6mm-115 grain RDF bullet is available now at retailers and online stores.

• 6mm – 115 grain—G1 Ballistic Coefficient 0.634| G7 Ballistic Coefficient 0.312
  • Load Data for the 6mm-115gr RDF bullet in 6mm Creedmoor can be found
www.load-data.nosler.com

For more information about Nosler RDF™bullets and 2019 product introductions, please visit www.nosler.com

Sheldon N

Blind Squirrel Finds a Nut
Belligerents
Sep 24, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Some of the early testing I've seen from this bullet has been quite promising. Interested to see more, may be something that gives the DTAC a run for its money.

Sheldon N

Blind Squirrel Finds a Nut
Belligerents
Sep 24, 2014
Pacific Northwest
i just wanna know who the guinea pigs are gonna be. someone's gotta figure out what percentage of them are flyers
Several friends have had pre-release samples and they've shot well. Was just loading up some rounds last week with a buddy and they were printing bug holes.

Need to get a longer track record of performance from production level bullets and a broader range of shooters to see how confident I feel about them. Haven't had the greatest luck with the 105's.

Reactions: Rover31

Redeye3

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2017
Maybe Scott will chime in here about these, never had a problem with the 140s or 175s but the 130s were a different story. Just reminds me to buy a box of a hundred before I buy 500, By the way Frank did you ever get those (100) to shoot? 😆😆

BoilerUP

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 16, 2011
Clark Co., IN
I'd love to hear if they're particularly finicky with seating depth, or more forgiving like the Hybrid and DTAC are.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
What jump?

Last time I checked I was something like a .060" jump. As mentioned in another thread, I tend to have better luck when RDF's are run hot and with a fair amount of jump. I suspect it has to do with where the secant ogive transitions to the tangent ogive; I think they are just made to be jumped a bit, to allow the secant ogive part of the bullet to do it's thing (basically self align/correctly align, as gas pressure surrounds the bullet before it hits the lands and grooves). As we know, secant ogives tend to be easier to get to shoot accurately (because of the round ogive), but generally have a poorer BC. Tangents are extremely efficient (high BC) but are finicky about seating depth to get to shoot well.

At least that is my knuckle draggin' theory anyways...

ETA: It's also why I think these hybrid type bullets (combination secant and tangent ogive) tend to be designed for a certain cartridge in mind (since SAAMI chamber specs will guide where the transition from secant to tangent ogive occurs, as well as the trade off in BC for ease of accuracy). Again, no hard data on that, just a hunch...

Last edited:

Subwrx300

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Jan 15, 2014
Cedar Springs, MI
Last time I checked I was something like a .060" jump. As mentioned in another thread, I tend to have better luck when RDF's are run hot and with a fair amount of jump. I suspect it has to do with where the secant ogive transitions to the tangent ogive; I think they are just made to be jumped a bit, to allow the secant ogive part of the bullet to do it's thing (basically self align/correctly align, as gas pressure surrounds the bullet before it hits the lands and grooves). As we know, secant ogives tend to be easier to get to shoot accurately (because of the round ogive), but generally have a poorer BC. Tangents are extremely efficient (high BC) but are finicky about seating depth to get to shoot well.

At least that is my knuckle draggin' theory anyways...

ETA: It's also why I think these hybrid type bullets (combination secant and tangent ogive) tend to be designed for a certain cartridge in mind (since SAAMI chamber specs will guide where the transition from secant to tangent ogive occurs, as well as the trade off in BC for ease of accuracy). Again, no hard data on that, just a hunch...
I think you have tangent and secant flipped. Secants are generally VLD style and are picky to time but have higher BCs . Tangents are easy to tune (jump insensitive) but have lower BC.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy

Redeye3

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2017
I got 223 and 308, they never sent me 130s that I recall
I know we talked, I sent u a box when they first came out. No biggie I was losing my mind with development on those. Shortly after a thread came out on the hide about them, seemed to be the consensus they were acting the same way. Hope these are not like that they would be an awesome addition to the 6mm.

Winny94

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 19, 2013

spife7980

Luchador
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Central TX
Brownells has had these for sale since mid February

Orignal thread: https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/nosler-6mm-115gr-rdf.6928898/
Yeah the full priced ones but these only appeared today ;)
http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosler-products/nosler-blemished-2nds/nosler-blemished-bullets/nosler-6mm-115-grain-rdf-hpbt-blem-100ct.html

KevinD

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2012
Olympia, WA
Scott Satterlee and I have run the 115 RDF's in several matches now using Proof barreled 6 Creeds and they've been very impressive so far. I didn't notice any of the jump sensitivity like on other RDFs, my loads were 20 thou off, and Scott was running them further out. Never once noticed a flyer until my barrel had around 1k rounds on it and was smoked. Our real world BC numbers have come in around 0.312 G7, trued out to just over 1600 yards.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I'm guessing (like many manufacturers do) that the RDF's have been tweaked since their debut. The 6mm 115gr bullets (I'd also guess) have benefited from that. The initial batches of 70gr RDF's shot like crap for most people, but the ones coming out of the factory today seem to shoot fairly well (I was surprised, when I shot some of the recent blems out of a .223; since the first run of 100 I had, had shot pretty badly).

Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

DGD6MM

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 30, 2010
N. Florida
I just bought 800 105 RDF bullets. Going to try them in my 6br. I shot the 70's and they were not bad for just pulling a load off of quick load.

shotdown

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
www.instagram.com
I am loading the 115 RDF to 39.4 gr (H4350) at 2944 fps in a 6XC. I jumped them from .015-.030 and they group well. Also using .310 BC here in Floria.

The base of bullet to ogive are longer than the 105 by about .070.

1moaoff

Safe space provider🤔 Nope!!!
Belligerents
Nov 16, 2008
cincinnati, ohio
Any more feedback from guys that had problems with the 105 Rdf and found these to be better or more consistent?
I have a few thousand of the 105s I use for forming and positional but dont trust for consistency

KWilson

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 30, 2012
Sydney, NSW, Australia
How consistent is the weight of these bullets compared to other RDFs? I shoot the 105s which perform ok but not to the level of Berger's. The weight variation is poor though with 0.7gr variation, whereas Berger's aren't more than 0.2gr with their 105 hybrids. I'm not convinced Nosler have the tightest quality control out there with what they deem to be match grade. I hope these bullets are an improvement.

Sutherlandsd

Bears. Beets. BattleStar Galactica.
Belligerents
Apr 24, 2013
NE TN
I will keep a cautious eye on these, but really DTACs are not terribly expensive (well they are compared to that blem price lol).