Nosler M48 Long-Range Carbon Rifle

96C

Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 9, 2007
Aust
Good morning lads,

Wondering if anyone here has one of the new Nosler M48 Carbon Fiber rifles with the proof barrel and carbon elite manners stocks?

If so, what caliber and how do you rate the system overall?

I have a Browning Hells Canyon Long Range in 300WinMag that is OK but not fantastic... I'm looking at offloading a few things to hopefully end up with one of these M48LRC or a Proof to be used as a lightweight hunting rifle.

Keen to hear your thoughts?

LONG-RANGE-CARBON-Rifle-TOP-1110x500.jpg

Simia Dei

Boendr
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Can you even get one in Aus? I went looking for the M48 long range last year and nobody was bringing them in when I asked.

96C

Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 9, 2007
Aust
Can you even get one in Aus? I went looking for the M48 long range last year and nobody was bringing them in when I asked.
NIOA is listed as their Aus distributor unfortunately... Not sure if they stock them though.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
Problem with nosler 48 action, the mag well is very short. Believe it's around 3.45" hampers a lot of the Magnum cases if that's what you're after. A guy can build a quality rifle for same money with components of your choice and be setup the exact way you want. AG composites stock: 600$, RCM Long action w/ Hawkins bdl & wyatts: 1100$, proof barrel: 700$, triggertech: 200$. Leaves about a grand left over to cover smith work, cerakote and a brake. Have you looked at the proof elevation rifle? It's built off the bighorn origin action, proof barrel/stock. Belive they're 500$ cheaper than the nosler. The Christensen ridgeline is another great option at an even cheaper price. I'd restock it myself, as the comb is pretty low on the factory unit.

Reactions: 96C

Simia Dei

Boendr
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
NIOA is listed as their Aus distributor unfortunately... Not sure if they stock them though.
Ah yeah, I've never heard any positive comments about them. I think I spoke to cleavers/magnum last about trying to get one. They told me they're just not dealing with them anymore for rifle imports.

Surely the fellas at Delta could bring one in? Or a proof rifle?