Nikon FX-1000

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 18, 2010
Southern MD
Did anyone get a chance to see this at SHOT? I just watched the 6.5 Guys video on it.

10mil zerostop turrets
FFP
Relatively lightweight
Mil and MOA reticles

$650-$800

I can't find any pictures of the reticle and I'm wondering if anyone had a chance to get behind it.

Dec 28, 2006
SW Oklahoma
These are Filipino scopes. I have spoken to a couple of the folks involved, and the direct correlation between these and Monarchs has not been made, but several statements have inferred as much. I have also been led to believe this is the first foray into this field, with more to come....i.e., more up to date magnification ranges, etc....

pacer49

New Hide Member
Feb 12, 2018
The gentleman from Nikon said he sat down with the tech's in japan and picked out the best feeling turrets so I assumed they were also made in Japan i'm going to give one a try on my hunter class prs rifle it seem's to be a good deal with good warranty.

koshkin

Dark Lord Of Optics
Feb 22, 2006
Los Angeles
www.opticsthoughts.com
The gentleman from Nikon said he sat down with the tech's in japan and picked out the best feeling turrets so I assumed they were also made in Japan i'm going to give one a try on my hunter class prs rifle it seem's to be a good deal with good warranty.
They are made in the Phillipines, so I am not sure who the gentleman from Nikon was sitting down with and after how many drinks :)

ILya

redneckbmxer24

Gunny Sergeant
Jan 15, 2005
VA
He may very well have sat down with designers in Japan, but I highly doubt the scopes are made there. The first red flag is the price point, unless they're keeping their profit margin incredibly tight (which I doubt), this optic which these features isn't happening in Japan. The second is how similar it looks to the old Nikon tacticals they had 10-15 years ago, it really appears to just be them with FFP and matched knobs/reticles.

The old ones were pretty good but a lot of them still went tits up. Nikon would warranty them of course and you would see a good bit of refurbs at vendors because of this.

If they're made in Japan that's awesome, but I highly doubt it. If they're not, I wish they were and they charged a little more to reflect that. I gave up on trying to get filipino scopes to hold up a long time ago. If it's not made in Japan, Germany, or USA then I don't touch it.

Sep 14, 2011
I'll take the athlon ares over this, reticle is nicer and you can get it with a zero stop and in a higher magnification. I've been shooting Nikon for 30 years as a pro photographer. Not a fan of their scopes.