Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 question

JohnnyBWildered

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2019
I recently bought the nightforce mentioned in the title and wanted To know the significance (if any) to the dot on the magnification ring. It has the usual magnification markings from 2.5-10 but in place of 5 it has a dot. I’ve heard of some companies using a middle magnification level on SFP scopes that the reticle is accurate for hold overs or measuring POA/POI but I’ve never seen it. Or if it’s something else, what is it? I have really only had time to zero at 100 and haven’t found anything helpful on their site, including the old manual pdf I found.

Thanks for any knowledge anyone cares to share.

schutzprecision

Private
Belligerents
Oct 13, 2014
Northern Ca
I recently bought the nightforce mentioned in the title and wanted To know the significance (if any) to the dot on the magnification ring. It has the usual magnification markings from 2.5-10 but in place of 5 it has a dot. I’ve heard of some companies using a middle magnification level on SFP scopes that the reticle is accurate for hold overs or measuring POA/POI but I’ve never seen it. Or if it’s something else, what is it? I have really only had time to zero at 100 and haven’t found anything helpful on their site, including the old manual pdf I found.

Thanks for any knowledge anyone cares to share.
I have the same scope with moar reticle. The dot in the 5 is for using hash marks for holdover or wind holds. At 5 power the hash marks are 2 moa at 10power they are 1 moa.

newguy2k3v2

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2009
College Station, Tx
Reference mark for halfway on the mag range. With a mil dot it's true at 10x, each mil is actually 2 at 5x and 4mils at 2.5.

I wish manufacturers would put in a detent or some other way to easily feel that position. Would be handy in the dark with night vision and thermal

JohnnyBWildered

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2019
I have the same scope with moar reticle. The dot in the 5 is for using hash marks for holdover or wind holds. At 5 power the hash marks are 2 moa at 10power they are 1 moa.
Awesome, thanks, I have the MOAR reticle as well and didn’t even try to use the reticle for zeroing as it was only 100 and used the target grid.

JohnnyBWildered

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2019
Reference mark for halfway on the mag range. With a mil dot it's true at 10x, each mil is actually 2 at 5x and 4mils at 2.5.

I wish manufacturers would put in a detent or some other way to easily feel that position. Would be handy in the dark with night vision and thermal
Good to know the mils values as well. Gonna send it in to be converted as soon as I can afford it.