NF NX8 vs Bushy XRS2 - Specifically Eye Box and Parallax

WB300

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 15, 2011
GA
If this has been compared/discussed, I apologize and will remand myself to further search-fu torture.

I am looking at the NF NX8 4-32 and the Bushy XRS2 4.5-30 for a PRS rifle. Without getting into price, reticle...etc, Does anyone have experience with both scopes in regards to the eye box and parallax??? I spend most of my time between 10x and 16x. How forgiving are the eye box and parallax adjustments up to say 20x or 25x between the two??? I know all scopes will get a little finicky at top magnification, so I'm not worried about that. I have a Steiner P4Xi 4-16 and love it, but sometimes on 16x during positional shooting, the eye box is a little finicky.

Lets assume I'm ok with the reticle, price, glass...etc and all things are equal... But between only these 2 scopes, does anyone have time behind both to give me a winner in their opinion on the better eye box and more forgiving parallax??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

spife7980

Luchador
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Central TX
Whats driving your interest in the old school ERS?

Edit: the ERS was a 3-21, Im guessing you mean the XRS2 which is a 4.5-30?

Last edited:

WB300

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 15, 2011
GA
Thanks spife. Yes, I mean the 4.5-30 XRS 2 model. I was trying to multi-task at work without getting caught.

Edited OP.

Spife... you own my ass today.

Last edited:

WB300

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 15, 2011
GA
No one???

I'm sure the NF will meet my needs, but if the Bushy is competitive in those areas, i can give up a little in glass to save some $.

Rexwagon

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Oct 15, 2017
ND
I don’t have any comparison with the NX8. But I have an XRS2 on my practice/ backup rifle. I haven’t had it real long. But so far the eye relief and box is great. The glass is very good also. I haven’t put it through it’s paces enough to say that the parralax was forgiving. I have a couple kahles k624i that are on my competition rifles. And the xrs2 is very good for the price. The scope tracks. Turrets work but are not on the same levels as other scopes like a k624i or a razor or the like. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one off the classifieds here and save some money.