New Trijicon AccuPower 4.5-30x56

enichols

Private
Belligerents
Nov 18, 2010
How do you manage to get those reticle pics through your cell phone? I tried to take some pictures of mine to post up in this thread and gave up because I just couldn't manage it. Is there some kind of secret squirrel technique to it?

Earnhardt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2018
How do you manage to get those reticle pics through your cell phone? I tried to take some pictures of mine to post up in this thread and gave up because I just couldn't manage it. Is there some kind of secret squirrel technique to it?
I have a Samsung Note 8, which has a pretty good camera in it, but I would think all of the major cell phone are about the same...

I sit in a recliner with the gun braced between my knees.
I then the hold the cell phone/camera with both hands so it doesn't move/shake.
I then brace my arms on my legs, while holding the cell phone, and bring it up to the scope lens until the reticle comes into focus.
On this reticle it took a long time to come into focus...other reticles pop into focus quickly.
I had to tilt the phone downward to get the illumunated reticle to stand out against the black side wall/tube of the scope.
Putting the white piece of paper on the floor really helps the reticle stick out too..

Last edited:
Reactions: Krazy_jim

Earnhardt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2018
This reticle on my Burris XTR II 8-40X popped into focus quickly...
Why?... I dunno...
I don't have the white paper on the floor in this pic, so the reticle doesn't "pop" as much.

20190211_195841.jpg

enichols

Private
Belligerents
Nov 18, 2010
I have a Samsung Note 8, which has a pretty good camera in it, but I would think all of the major cell phone are about the same...

I sit in a recliner with the gun braced between my knees.
I then the hold the cell phone/camera with both hands so it doesn't move/shake.
I then brace my arms on my legs, while holding the cell phone, and bring it up to the scope lens until the reticle comes into focus.
On this reticle it took a long time to come into focus...other reticles pop into focus quickly.
I had to tilt the phone downward to get the illumunated reticle to stand out against the black side wall/tube of the scope.
Putting the white piece of paper on the floor really helps the reticle stick out too..
Cool - thanks for the tips.

Noles77

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
South carolina
I bought one today from Eurooptics for $1768.

This is my cherry popper in the world of long range shooting and serious glass. I bought primarily based on the reputation of Trijicon and my experience with their ACOGs and RMR lines.

This will primarily be used on a R700 5r 308 for precision shooting.

Hope I did not F it up.....
Well did you? I’m a Trijicon fan and am in the market so what did you think??

Doogie

Belligerents
Aug 31, 2011
Lake Point, UT
A31D204A-4AAA-4AA4-9EF1-1EFEEE6D9579.jpeg

Picked up a 2nd one, this time in Mils. Really digging this scope.

The scope caps were a new addition. Pretty slick setup, the rear goes over the eye piece and has a bolt to tighten it down. But once tight you can still adjust the cap portion so it flips out in whichever direction you want. The front screws in like the sun shade but still has the same adjustability.

enichols

Private
Belligerents
Nov 18, 2010
View attachment 7030354

Picked up a 2nd one, this time in Mils. Really digging this scope.

The scope caps were a new addition. Pretty slick setup, the rear goes over the eye piece and has a bolt to tighten it down. But once tight you can still adjust the cap portion so it flips out in whichever direction you want. The front screws in like the sun shade but still has the same adjustability.
Nice setup. I was actually really impressed unboxing my scope - the package/presentation when you open it up is just plain nice. I love that it included the Tenebraex covers along with Lenspen, Scope Coat and sunshade.

Plus the scope itself rocks! Shot another club match with it yesterday and I am just loving it more and more.

Gonna buy a second to go on my .223.

Reactions: Noles77

Kane0519

Private
Belligerents
Feb 17, 2017
Canada
Does anyone who owns want have any comments about the FOV through the magnification range? Any tunneling in the low end or drop in image quality on the top end? I know they’re building scopes with wider magnification ranges then ever before, but this is a very wide range.