New high power Nightforce NX8?

Lmatt

Private
Belligerents
May 16, 2017
Idaho
Wow, am I behind. I’ve been so wrapped up in suppressors that I didn’t even know these existed.

DrainTheSwamp2017

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2018
Midwest, SD
Maybe this has been covered.

I see USO decided to use a 34 mm main tube on their ts 20x but NF elected to go with a 30 mm. I wonder why that was.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Belligerents
Oct 15, 2009
Mississippi
Maybe this has been covered.

I see USO decided to use a 34 mm main tube on their ts 20x but NF elected to go with a 30 mm. I wonder why that was.
I just don't know about USOs new stuff and used to be a huge supporter of them still have an SN-3 that is one of my favorite optics. Do wish i could change the reticle in it and it needs cleaning but they've fallen off to me, mainly cause of the lack of reticles until recent, but also the sheer size and admittedly the aesthetics of their optics (B25 mainly) I honestly don't know many using them either. In this case i'd lean pretty heavily towards NF.

Pounder

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019
As I want the 2.5-20 for my coyote rig, am I the only one that noticed the exit pupil on low power being 7.1mm? That isn’t ideal for low light, is it?

Life’s tough decisions... buy a Leupold Mk5 now or wait til these hit the stores!

700smooth

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Siouxfalls, South Dakota
As I want the 2.5-20 for my coyote rig, am I the only one that noticed the exit pupil on low power being 7.1mm? That isn’t ideal for low light, is it?

Life’s tough decisions... buy a Leupold Mk5 now or wait til these hit the stores!
There are many higher end scopes with way less exit at low power. I think that would do alright for low light conditions

Burdy

Private
Belligerents
Jul 10, 2013

Any thought to a SFP with a Max of 12 power for this?

sakha

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
I think (hope) that these will be FFP like the existing NX8. Otherwise it would make more sense to release them under the NXS line with the other SFP scopes wouldn't it?

sakha

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
They're confirmed FFP.
I see that now, thanks! Here's to the new hope that they compare somewhat decently to the Razor HD2 4.5-27 in glass quality. I'd gladly lose a bit of resolution or brightness to get almost half the weight and more zoom range. My only regret with the 4.5-27 is how ridiculously heavy it is compared to anything else I own.

Reactions: 5RWill

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
I see that now, thanks! Here's to the new hope that they compare somewhat decently to the Razor HD2 4.5-27 in glass quality. I'd gladly lose a bit of resolution or brightness to get almost half the weight and more zoom range. My only regret with the 4.5-27 is how ridiculously heavy it is compared to anything else I own.
I agree with you on the Razor Gen2,the only problem was the weight.

Voyager1

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2018
that's what makes it great for a PRS rig, isn't it?
PRS Rifles are heavy enough....., there is somE debate among the PRS community about heavy your optic should be. I’ve seen more razors in the past and yes I’ve now seen mostly Nightforce 7-35 but I’ve also seen razors and I’ve also seen plenty of Atacr in 5-25 and this last two years a growing number of lighter weight optics (not certain if it’s anecdotal. I look at what the pros are using mostly....just one persons observation YMMV....

JayseM_SportOptics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Apr 17, 2019
Had the pleasure of shooting these a few months back. That's actually me in one of those lovely pictures up there. Coming from someone who deals with too many scopes everyday, I really think these are going to be a game-changer. There up on the site now and we're currently taking orders. Take a look at sportoptics.com and if it's something you're interested in, even if you're wanting to know more about it or whatever, just give us a call and ask for Jayse.

RHutch

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 23, 2005
Frisco, TX
Looks like the power ring is now separate from the rear ocular....which is really nice if that's the case.
No more spinning caps.

Reactions: phxfa

sakha

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
At least during the wait for MIL-XT in the Fall I'll have a bunch of reviews to consume, and hopefully be able to get hands-on with one as well.

Reactions: newguy2k3v2

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
Had the pleasure of shooting these a few months back. That's actually me in one of those lovely pictures up there. Coming from someone who deals with too many scopes everyday, I really think these are going to be a game-changer. There up on the site now and we're currently taking orders. Take a look at sportoptics.com and if it's something you're interested in, even if you're wanting to know more about it or whatever, just give us a call and ask for Jayse.
Daylight bright illumination or no? Because it’s going to have to be for that reticle to be remotely useable on low power.

SlimySquirrel

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 11, 2009
So the PDF says 50mm objective for the 8-32 but the listing on sportoptics.com says 56?
Which is it?

gr8fuldoug

Supporting Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Jan 24, 2006
Old Bethpage NY
www.cameralandny.com
NF is saying July. Having been in this industry for a VERY long time I will say that no date of delivery is anything more than a guesstimate. Once they have them in house or confirmation that they're on the way and can QC them we will know for sure a true delivery time.
With that said pre-ordering is the way to go to be among the 1st to get one.

Reactions: b6graham

VegasHKShooter

Always Learning
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2013
Las Vegas, Nv
I’m aware of that.
It is the LEO rep telling me. I’ve been on board since SHOT Show waiting for these. Waiting since January, what’s another month or two ? 👍

Reactions: RS14

RS14

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 7, 2019
Panama City Florida
Really debating between one of these or a razor hd2. Wish I could look through one before I decided. Sadly there aren’t any local shops that stock high end optics in my area.

bk ghandi

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 21, 2011
Maryland
Aside from the digillum this is exactly what I've been waiting for. Hope the 2.5-20x is as nice as it looks. If so it'll be on all my rifles.

briscoetab

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2011
west texas
I’m usually not one to try out the first run but for some reason I really want one of the 4-32. Right now all I have is a gen 1 razor that is like 5years old and gen 2 pst. I’ve been using the veterans discount for the vortex products which makes all of the vortex hard to beat for me, been planning on getting a gen 2 razor for awhile but man I’m really having to restrain myself from preordering one of these. These look great on paper, check every box for my needs including the price.

I’m really a big fan of the ebr-2c type reticles but other than that this scope looks awesome for my needs. Although the ebr-2c may not work well in the 4-32 magnification range on the top and low end.

bk ghandi

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 21, 2011
Maryland
As soon as I found out about the 2.5-20x I was on the phone with CS Tactical. Pre-ordered the MOAR w/ OD Green cerakote. High hopes for this one!

Reactions: CSTactical

bourbonbent

Redhead tamer
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Ozarks
I’m usually not one to try out the first run but for some reason I really want one of the 4-32. Right now all I have is a gen 1 razor that is like 5years old and gen 2 pst. I’ve been using the veterans discount for the vortex products which makes all of the vortex hard to beat for me, been planning on getting a gen 2 razor for awhile but man I’m really having to restrain myself from preordering one of these. These look great on paper, check every box for my needs including the price.

I’m really a big fan of the ebr-2c type reticles but other than that this scope looks awesome for my needs. Although the ebr-2c may not work well in the 4-32 magnification range on the top and low end.
FYI, NF has an individual mil purchase program, not sure if/when these will be on it, but figured I’d mention it.

Leupold does as well and the discounts are pretty big.

Reactions: Muley Buck

Muley Buck

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2018
California

I heard that Nightforce will help out with pricing for Military / LEO. Probably worth a phone call.

Reactions: bourbonbent

briscoetab

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2011
west texas
@bourbonbent thanks. I checked nightforce for a discount quite awhile back (probably has been 5 years when i bought the gen 1 razor) and at the time it was for active or retired but I just went to their website and they now give discount for veterans as well they say. I can’t believe I did not know this. Wonder how long they have been giving veterans discounts, it is really awesome that these companies do this. Well I got a feeling my bank account is about to take a hit.

Reactions: bourbonbent

briscoetab

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 17, 2011
west texas
@bourbonbent @Muley Buck thanks for the heads up and bourbonbent thanks for the contact info. Sent email and had confirmation and price list in 30mins. I haven’t ever bought anything but scope bases from nightforce before, I have wanted to but have continually went with vortex products. Well, nightforce has just earned my business, not that I am done with vortex, they are awesome as well.

Glad for all the good companies and support in this sport/hobby, not just the veterans programs but the all out support and helpfulness of many of the companies for the sport/hobby in general.

I will quit with derailing this thread now.