New guy to suppressors

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
So looking to set up a trust to be able to purchase a couple of suppressors. Would like to use them on a 65. CM for PRS and a 28 Nosler for hunting. Suggestions as to where to look? What to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

MinnesotaMulisha

Head MF Door Keeper
Belligerents
Jul 30, 2013
Lincoln, NE
Not AAC. I bought a Rugged Surge, and I really like it, but its heavy. I like the modularity of being able to run it as a 9 inch or a 7.5 inch. They do have a "throw it off a cliff warranty, however, I've never had to use it.
My next can will be a Thunderbeast direct thread.. Their cans are raved about by everyone that has one, or so it seems. They also sponsor a lot of matches and give a lot back to the gun community, which is pretty decent.

NateVA

Basement Dweller
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
For the cartridges you mentioned it seems like you'll want to do precision shooting with them. I went with a TBAC Ultra for that purpose and got it CB-style, not direct thread. They say that works better because of the tapered brake mount.

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
Yes, the 6.5 will be for precision, the 28 for long range hunting.

NateVA

Basement Dweller
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Yes, the 6.5 will be for precision, the 28 for long range hunting.
If you're going to be doing precision shooting AND hunting (where weight matters), I don't think there are any other candidates other than a TBAC Ultra.

TBACRAY

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
Feel free to give a cal if you want to talk cans. call the shop and they will patch you through to wherever I am. I'm at Fort Benning right now for the Best Ranger Comp.

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
Feel free to give a cal if you want to talk cans. call the shop and they will patch you through to wherever I am. I'm at Fort Benning right now for the Best Ranger Comp.
Thanks, I will.

Best Ranger was one of the things I avoided! Spent 4 years at Benning on the shooting team and started the indoor range and gun shop there (Shooters)