New bling from KRG

Aug 23, 2017
Hi all, I’ve just received my sako green bravo and fitted it to my new tikka Ctr. As others have found the bolt cannot be removed from the rifle with the cheekpiece in situ and when cycling the bolt it hits the cheekpiece.

Pretty disappointing but apart from that it looks a good little chassis for the price.

I see KRG are aware of the issue and hopefully will produce an updated cheekpiece for the tikkas. Will those of us who purchased our bravos he able to get the new cheekpieces when available?

A recess with a curving and longer (finger tip shaped) recess should cure the issue.

It looks like I need to cut into it about 4mm, this would result in a hole as the plastic looks pretty thin. How have other tikka owners done it?

Attachments

Apr 10, 2005
Is there an easy way to mount a sling (flush cup) upfront and leave the stud for the bipod? Or is the only way to buy the ambi mount or a spigot?

Sogan

Sergeant
Jun 11, 2013
Hi all, I’ve just received my sako green bravo and fitted it to my new tikka Ctr. As others have found the bolt cannot be removed from the rifle with the cheekpiece in situ and when cycling the bolt it hits the cheekpiece.

Pretty disappointing but apart from that it looks a good little chassis for the price.

I see KRG are aware of the issue and hopefully will produce an updated cheekpiece for the tikkas. Will those of us who purchased our bravos he able to get the new cheekpieces when available?

A recess with a curving and longer (finger tip shaped) recess should cure the issue.

It looks like I need to cut into it about 4mm, this would result in a hole as the plastic looks pretty thin. How have other tikka owners done it?
Go back one page. There is already someone who cut out a notch to do exactly what you are saying.

Jun 8, 2010

There are some pictures on the previous page with some really clean cuts to the cheekpiece to allow it to cycle with it raised higher in elevation.

if you want to keep from having to figure out where to readjust the cheek piece to when you have to move it for bolt removal try some plastic spacers on the 2 posts cut to the correct length so you can just remove the cheek piece to remove the bolt and clean then throw it back on and the spacer will put it in the right spot everytime.

Aug 23, 2017
I will be using the cheekpiece at the bottom so hopefully that means I have to take a smaller notch out of it, an inch higher would need a larger notch

Jun 8, 2010
I will be using the cheekpiece at the bottom so hopefully that means I have to take a smaller notch out of it, an inch higher would need a larger notch
i also screwed up, thought you were crazy about the bolt not coming out with the cheek piece all the way down...sure enough i went and pulled the rifle out of the safe and the cheekpiece needs to be off to remove the bolt, learn something new everyday! I thought i had pulled the bolt out with the cheek piece in!

Aug 23, 2017
Ok- update.

I’ve been emailing krg and they suggested that my new Ctr may have the long action bolt stop in it. I happened to have some spare tikka bolt stops so I checked and low and behold it did have a LA stop.

I swopped it for a short action stop and this fixed the safety indicator hitting the cheekrest issue.

I still can’t get the bolt out with the cheekpiece in situ but since I currently have the cheekrest fully down I won’t have an issue cycling the bolt.

Attachments

Jan 31, 2018
Jacksonville NC
Ok- update.

I’ve been emailing krg and they suggested that my new Ctr may have the long action bolt stop in it. I happened to have some spare tikka bolt stops so I checked and low and behold it did have a LA stop.

I swopped it for a short action stop and this fixed the safety indicator hitting the cheekrest issue.

I still can’t get the bolt out with the cheekpiece in situ but since I currently have the cheekrest fully down I won’t have an issue cycling the bolt.
This is encouraging to see; mine is a Varmint model I bought back in 2007, not a CTR, so it has the actual short action bolt stop.

I read in another thread here-perhaps the Tikka T3 thread-that there is a short action stop, a long action stop, and a CTR stop that is not quite as long as the LA stop. Can your CTR still strip rounds with the SA stop?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017
This is encouraging to see; mine is a Varmint model I bought back in 2007, not a CTR, so it has the actual short action bolt stop.

I read in another thread here-perhaps the Tikka T3 thread-that there is a short action stop, a long action stop, and a CTR stop that is not quite as long as the LA stop. Can your CTR still strip rounds with the SA stop?
Yes, sorry about the delay. It works well with the sa stop, I initially wondered if it was a bit close to the round but it works great.

I wondered if it was a little close to the mag but no issues so far.

Attachments

Jan 31, 2018
Jacksonville NC
Yes, sorry about the delay. It works well with the sa stop, I initially wondered if it was a bit close to the round but it works great.

I wondered if it was a little close to the mag but no issues so far.

Huh, I wonder if this may be the solution then for the dudes whose CTR cocking indicators are hitting the cheek riser. The Bravo isn't compatible with LA Tikkas anyway

Jan 5, 2010
SE Georgia
The CTR stop is between a short and long action. It's needed for use with the factory CTR stock and magazines. If you drop a short action stop into a factory CTR rifle, the bolt will not travel far enough to the rear to feed.

Short action on top, CTR on bottom.

Aug 23, 2017
The CTR stop is between a short and long action. It's needed for use with the factory CTR stock and magazines. If you drop a short action stop into a factory CTR rifle, the bolt will not travel far enough to the rear to feed.

Short action on top, CTR on bottom.

Not in my Ctr, mine had a long action one in it for some reason.

Attachments