NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

Timetoshoot

Bullet driver
Belligerents
May 7, 2013
Carbondale
Just received shipping notice for parts to improve an already great product. Only time I’ve had a manufacturer follow up like this without a court ordered or being federally mandated; Bravo you’ve earned my future loyalty.....again.

Triggs75

Private
Belligerents
Feb 20, 2013
NorCal
I received a shipping notice today and had no idea what for. Came on here and now I know. That is what you call customer service.

Great product and amazing customer service.

Thank you Chad

leftyk82

Son of a Son of a Sailor
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2014
Eagleville, TN
Just received a phone call from B&T customer service. They called to let me know they received my CAL bipod and will be working to add the new parts and ship it back out.

Unexpected. Pleasant. Solid. Good on your team, Kasey!

DOA

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2009
CA
Got shipping confirmation yesterday for updated parts but tbh, I probably won't put them in. I'm in the "works fine as is" camp.

Reactions: armydog

fb40dash5

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2017
PRoMD
I'm interested to see what comes in the mail tomorrow. I added a nylon washer & rubber washer from the hardware store, and a spacer to preload the spring, as a quick & dirty test, and it gave it a lot more "firm, but not locked up" adjustment. I was trying to find some more "right" stuff, but wasn't having much luck finding larger diameter stuff with a #10 hole.

Reactions: armydog

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
Anyone that is on the fence about installing these parts, the result is worth the effort.

If you want the parts installed, but don't want to do the work (WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE TO?!!!) we'll do it! Just contact Customer Service at customerservice@accu-shot.com give Brandi your info, return the CAL and parts kit and we'll take care of it and get it headed back out to you within 2 business days.

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM

Fixr

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
Received my 2 parts kits this afternoon and just had to try one out. This kit is super easy to install and the instructions and parts explosion are very helpful. It took me under 10 minutes to install and that's only because I didn't read the instructions before hand and had to go scrounging for loctite( or equivalent ). I will wait the 48 hours of cure time to really try it out but it looks solid. Thanks Kasey!

Reactions: LA260

goosed

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
May 11, 2014
MN
Received my install kit today as well. Agreed install is super easy, no heat required on mine.

There is now a distinct tension in between full lock up and loose that wasn't there before the kit.

I'm quite impressed with how quickly the update kit was rolled out and how easy it was to install. Was initially a little concerned when a heat gun was mentioned, but it turns out I didn't need one. This product is now pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would be... yet if I was to nit-pick, I wouldn't mind a bit larger window in which to adjust tension as it's still quite a narrow window (amount of pod-loc movement) from full lock to the amount of tension that I find most useful. Certainly not a deal breaker though.

Thanks again Kasey for another great group buy opportunity as well as going above and beyond by providing this great update kit!

roady9999

Private
Belligerents
Jun 24, 2013
Pennsylvania
I got my two parts kits today and put one on and left one off. The installation instructions were very detailed fortunately for me I didn’t need to add heat to the break the original loctite. Installation was easy however I couldn’t get my screw to 65 inch lbs without damaging the screw. I am using a fat wrench not the best inch pound torque wrench but it works. The screw is definitely tight and I am confident it will be fine. I also used blue instead of red( I know I didn’t follow the instructions so don’t do this if you are a rule follower lol). I also played with the cal ( yes against manufacturers instructions) The new peices definitely 100% lock the bipod down. So if you add enough cant the Cal will hold its position and go up on one leg. Meaning I couldn’t induce any extra cant when it’s locked down. When releasing the handle it gradually loosens and retains ridigity. I find it very nice. I am not nick picky and found the original design acceptable for prs match type use. I did shoot the original design no issues doing a dot drill at match level speeds. I will honestly say I have never seen a company go the length that accu-shot has ever, I mean ever. They wanted 100% I think these new parts get this bipod there. I probably will wait a few days to shoot it to let the loctite set up(blue). Then test it later if everything is good I’ll grab the red loctite and reinstall the screw. Remember this is all from a guy that didn’t follow the directions I kinda wanted the ability to go back easily.

Reactions: HoustonB77 and bjay

Lonestar1027

LT
Belligerents
May 11, 2017
CA
No heat, easy install and I'm liking the new feel. Definitely locks up tighter than my recommendation earlier in the thread to use a Delrin Washer. Overall, a great "fix" to an already solid bipod. Thanks Kasey!

DOA

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2009
CA
Anyone that is on the fence about installing these parts, the result is worth the effort.
OK. Fine, you convinced me. Took about 5 minutes just looking at the diagram and am not sure Loctite is even needed, since the screw tension is kind of held by the large brass washer.

Meety Peety

It's possible
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2017
San Diego
Just got home and found my two parts kits waiting for me in the mailbox. Another long night tomorrow but if time permits I will try to get at least one of them installed tomorrow night. Thanks again Kasey for being so diligent on this. Like the guy above said, I'm not sure I've ever seen a company take customer feedback to that level and not only implement a solution, but do so very quickly. You are top notch sir!

bjay

Private
Belligerents
Oct 19, 2009
Aloha state HI
Tnx kasey
Got mine today.i normally dont go trough the full instruction..but the photo detail was more than enough :)

bas402

Bolt Shooter
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2010
Northern, Colorado
Kasey, got the new kit yesterday, installed and will try in a few days. Appears to be solid on the fix but will need to test, thanks for listening and the kit.

LA260

Private
Belligerents
Apr 14, 2017
Installed the kit and while there is an improvement it's def not 50-60% at least in my case, more like 10-15% and long way from Harris with pod loc or Atlas V8/PSR when it comes to adjustment. I'm just going to lock it down and use it as a non CANT bipod

razzle

Private
Belligerents
Dec 5, 2007
Norway
Well done for shipping out the 2nd round of replacement parts to everyone, my shipping notification came a few days ago so still waiting. Top notch customer service. One question though, how is everyone elses Pod-Lok lever located when it is tightened? Mine is hugging the side of the stock and it still feels like it should be turned a tad more to lock it down good. Is it possible to reposition the lever? It is also a bit difficult to grab that way if I need to go from locked to canted in a hurry.

bjay

Private
Belligerents
Oct 19, 2009
Aloha state HI
Well done for shipping out the 2nd round of replacement parts to everyone, my shipping notification came a few days ago so still waiting. Top notch customer service. One question though, how is everyone elses Pod-Lok lever located when it is tightened? Mine is hugging the side of the stock and it still feels like it should be turned a tad more to lock it down good. Is it possible to reposition the lever? It is also a bit difficult to grab that way if I need to go from locked to canted in a hurry.
Mine 6-7 o'clock

Gil P.

Private
Belligerents
Aug 16, 2013
North Las Vegas, Nevada
I just installed the upgrade kit, it fills much better. The instructions say to use loctite 263 red, I used loctite 271 red. Hopefully it's no big deal. I tightened the shoulder bolt to 50 in lbs because I was afraid of breaking it. Has anyone tightened to 65 without issue?

RyanM

Private
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2017
I just got my ship notification. Love the PSR and have used it for years. Looking forward to this new addition.

M289

Private
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I just got my ship notification. Love the PSR and have used it for years. Looking forward to this new addition.
Received an e-mail saying that they were prepping my order (#25186), would be nice if it were to go out tomorrow 😁

qodeBebop

Belligerents
Jun 4, 2013
NW Georgia
Kasey thank you for being awesome. The new parts are an improvement for sure. I’ll take it out Saturday and spend some time with it.

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
Got the update parts for the cal today. Installed them in 3min and it’s about as perfect as can be. Nice tension throughout and locks up dumb tight. Thanks Kasey

Reactions: Stpilot12

acourvil

Chief
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
Got mine, too. Easy mod. Only hiccup was that the shoulder bolt really can't take the 65inch/lbs specified, it starts to deform before that.

javentre

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 20, 2004
Only hiccup was that the shoulder bolt really can't take the 65inch/lbs specified, it starts to deform before that.
Yep, same here. The allen head deformed and it was difficult to remove the hex bit. 40 seems like a more reasonable number, IMO.

Gil P.

Private
Belligerents
Aug 16, 2013
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Yep, same here. The allen head deformed and it was difficult to remove the hex bit. 40 seems like a more reasonable number, IMO.
I agree as well, I went up to 50 and stopped. My hex bit was getting stuck in the bolt head in the 40s. Kasey says we're good at 50 and my bipod functions a lot better now.

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
I sent my bipod back to them and it is much better now.Turn around time was only a couple of days.I will be getting another one.

tomcatfan

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2010
Southern MD.
So I didn’t get in one on the group buys. I back ordered it through their site. Apparently I’m getting it Monday. That’s much quicker than I thought it would take. Now I’m just curious how long the RRC BTC Pro Mount will take as it’s on back order too.

Ontarget10

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 24, 2014
Roselle, Il
Wow. I received my Atlas Cal today. First off this community provides great customer support and service and that certainly holds true for B&T Industries. Special thanks to Kasey and Brandi for squaring me away. I have several Harris bi-pods but this is my first Atlas. You immediately see the difference and the quality craftsmanship that is put into this product. Thanks again!!

Ontarget10

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 24, 2014
Roselle, Il
So I didn’t get in one on the group buys. I back ordered it through their site. Apparently I’m getting it Monday. That’s much quicker than I thought it would take. Now I’m just curious how long the RRC BTC Pro Mount will take as it’s on back order too.

Try Mile High Shooting.

armydog

Staff Sargeant Ret.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Nov 26, 2010
SW Michigan
Mine showed up today and from the little bit I have played with it I'm impressed. I'll take out and shoot off it Wednesday after work. I already like it better than the PSR I sold off to but this.