Motivational Pic Thread v2.0

Longshot231

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 7081705

Lackland AFB... on the left, a B-52 (probably still loaded with all those beer cans we left in there), on the right - the (completely windowless) building where the Crypto school once was.
I use to teach in that building. It's been a long time but I think the front doors were glass. After you went through them, there was a check-in window to the right. After you walked past the check-in window, there were doors that were obviously windowless.

That was a great school. I had great commanders and supervisors. All of the crypto equipment that we trained on is now declassified. If you do a google search of that stuff, you'll see everything is out there for everyone to see how it works.

Nowadays, whenever someone asks me what I did, I tell them that I was a door gunner on the space shuttle.

Reactions: barneybdb

barneybdb

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 2, 2011
Adelaide, South Australia
English Electric Canberra is a British first-generation jet-powered medium bomber. It was developed by English Electric during the mid-to-late 1940s in response to a 1944 Air Ministry requirement for a successor to the wartime de Havilland Mosquito fast bomber.
That one is an Rhodesian Air Force version, I worked on the Australian Air Force version for many years. A very capable aircraft, ours saw much action in Vietnam.