Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

USMCSGT0331

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 23, 2013
You guys are ridiculous, lol. All PM'S, emails and text messages have been responded to. None of these stocks are for sale, they're all in my personal collection. You've all been sharing your stocks, so I figured you guys might like to see the stuff I kept. Sorry about any confusion regarding the pics I posted.

A member here bought my last painted stock a few weeks back, it was listed in the classifieds section. Even though I don't have any painted stocks available, I still have some grey and tan stocks for sale. I'm planning on listing a few of these stocks online, but please shoot me a PM if you're interested in one.

I really appreciate the support you guys have given me over the past year and I love seeing these stocks being used on your builds! Please keep the pics and info flowing, this has been an awesome thread to follow!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Feb 23, 2010
The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the N
You guys are ridiculous, lol. All PM'S, emails and text messages have been responded to. None of these stocks are for sale, they're all in my personal collection. You've all been sharing your stocks, so I figured you guys might like to see the stuff I kept. Sorry about any confusion regarding the pics I posted.

A member here bought my last painted stock a few weeks back, it was listed in the classifieds section. Even though I don't have any painted stocks available, I still have some grey and tan stocks for sale. I'm planning on listing a few of these stocks online, but please shoot me a PM if you're interested in one.

I really appreciate the support you guys have given me over the past year and I love seeing these stocks being used on your builds! Please keep the pics and info flowing, this has been an awesome thread to follow!
How about some cases???? @buffalowinter and I are still waiting patiently, my friend. Very patiently....

Cheers,

Sirhr

USMCSGT0331

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 23, 2013
USMCGT0331 How many stocks were turned in and are out in the wild?
I am proud to own one.. and it will remain in my collection forever.
You definitely should be proud of that one, it's a great stock and a beautiful build! I'm jealous, I don't even have a Mod 0 built yet!

To clarify, these stocks were never "turned in" or are "returns" like the M40A1 stock that McMillan sold about a decade ago. For the A1 stocks, people call them "return stocks" because the USMC traded them in (returned) to McMillan for new A4 stocks.

These Mk13 stocks were never returned to McMillan, so they aren't "return" or "turn ins" or anything else along those lines. A friend had purchased everything from a DRMO sale, then offered to sell it to another friend and myself a few months later. The 2 of us purchased the Mod 0 lot and I ended up buy out my friend's portion a few weeks later. After purchasing all the stocks and parts, I reached out to Kelly McMillan and asked for his help.

He verified that these are McMillan stocks that were legally purchased directly from the government. He also confirmed that these stocks were sent to Crane for use in the Mk13 program. With this knowledge in hand, I had custom certificates of authenticity made to my specs. I designed them, did the write-up and I created the crossed Mk13 watermark. My goal was absolute security and to ensure that these certificates could not be faked. Additionally, there aren't any extra certs, just 1 cert for each stock. Kelly also volunteered to sign and date every single COA, and I numbered the certs to each stock. I am truly grateful for his assistance with this project and he was more than happy to help! Kelly is a great guy and he really cares about our community.

Please don't take my post the wrong way, I'm not trying to criticize you or anyone else. I've heard this "return stock" nomenclature over the past year from dozens of people and figured I'd finally address it. I'd certainly prefer it if people just referred to these as Mod 0 stocks or something like that, and leave out any "return" naming. It's nitpicky, but it's historically accurate.

And now I'm finally going to answer your question, lol. After all the stocks sell, I'll probably release information on them (obviously nothing about the sales and the buyers). I'd like to put out a serial number list, what the fiberglass color is and if the stock was painted. I value my buyer's privacy, so I won't share anything further than this.

I hope this clarifies some stuff and answers your question.

Last edited:

USMCSGT0331

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 23, 2013
WELL Well well what do we have here. And to think he was just spray painting these on his deck! @USMCSGT0331 don't worry finders fee has all ready been paid in full!
Holy shit! I can't believe you found that pic and that the stock matches up! Thank you very much for sharing that with us! I just did a search for SEALs at Tal Afar and found some great info. The provenance of this stock is astonishing and unquestionable, it was there in Tal Afar during an extremely important event in Iraq's modern history! Please take the time to read the link below, it's a pretty amazing story!

https://www.worldhistory.biz/sundri...toman-castle-and-a-syrian-sniper-saw-iii.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tal_Afar_(2005)

USMCSGT0331

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 23, 2013
Unreal.... that stock is beyond cool!!!

Who has it now?

That is some incredible research and an ironclad provenance on a real piece of military history! Well done!

Cheers,

Sirhr
It truly is an amazing piece of history and it's easily the most historical/desirable Mod 0 stock in private hands! It's in my collection and it will remain here for a very long time. If you look closely at the picture with the sniper, you can see that the stock originally had a Kick-EEZ shotgun pad on it.

Since there wasn't a muzzle brake or silencer on the Mod 0 to help mitigate recoil, these soft shotgun pads were the next best thing when constantly engaging in a target rich environment. I plan on swapping the current pad out with a Kick-EEZ pad when I have time.

I have a grey stock listed in the PX right now and it would be a great foundation for doing a clone build of this exact rifle. It already haz a Kick-EEZ pad, so all it needs is some paint! Since the grey stock is just bare fiberglass, you won't have to worry about painting over original sniper camo paint.

Triggered

Cervical Bruiser
Feb 26, 2017
Colorado
Starting to feel like a broken record here, but I still have not heard a peep from AJ Brown despite either giving a call or email for the last several weeks.

Have already given up the idea of having the rifle for hunting this season.

Not sure if anyone has had contact lately with him. I’m at 13 months and I know others have waited less than that...

Hopefully by Christmas at this point :rolleyes:

Triggered

Cervical Bruiser
Feb 26, 2017
Colorado
Affirmative. All components were sent in early September of last year. We had spoke on the phone several times and exchanged a handful of emails. Last reply I had from him was the beginning of this year when he stated build times for the time period were around 9 months.

I called once or twice this summer to no avail. I've called another two times with about 2-3 weeks between each; two emails as well.

Zero in return.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Feb 23, 2010
He went dark on me a couple of times... relax. He will get it done. He was almost a year on mine... well a year me waiting my turn. The sudden bunch of stocks on the market has upped his already huge backlog. And the man hunts in the fall. Gotta let him have his vacations too. It will get done. You will be happy beyond words. In all things snipery... we must first have patience. It is like our zen!!!

Cheers, Sirhr

Sep 14, 2005
Texas
I too am getting near the end of my build. Does anyone know if the Rem actions are the typical blued Rem finish or do they have an alternate coating on them? At the end of the day, whether you build or have built, it's a labor of love and the time is worth it.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Feb 23, 2010
That photo @spooledup posted is from the book "SEALs: The US Navy's Elite Fighting Force" <--- unaffiliated hot link, but buy this book, it's awesome!

Check out this photo:

Kinda hard to see, but I think this also might be a pic of the stock
So I can't post the name or the unit here... but I am sending a PM to 0331... I have the name of the Seal who carried that rifle and was in the picture. From one of his team-mates who is a friend. Sending the info in a PM now and 0331... you are free to contact him via e-mail and get the story.

Whatever you are allowed to share... don't forget to post to us here!

This has the makings of a really, really neat story!

PM Inbound.

Cheers,

Sirhr