Man's Best Friend Thread

Mike 556

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
To break from the pack a little, my best friend for the past 15 years has been a mixed female cat an exgirlfriend rescued from a no kill shelter on Long Island, NY. She moved from NY to TX with me 13 years ago and has been a great companion. She is smart, affectionate and loves to go for walks on a leash. My little girl has bucked the odds health wise more than once but she has been diagnosed with cancer in her sinus passages. Nothing can be done and our time is limited. My focus is to make sure she is the most loved and best fed critter in the world until it is time for her to rest. This sucks.
Our pets are family members, and it’s painful when we loose one. They give us so much and only ask for a little attention and love. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Dec 20, 2017
To break from the pack a little, my best friend for the past 15 years has been a mixed female cat an exgirlfriend rescued from a no kill shelter on Long Island, NY. She moved from NY to TX with me 13 years ago and has been a great companion. She is smart, affectionate and loves to go for walks on a leash. My little girl has bucked the odds health wise more than once but she has been diagnosed with cancer in her sinus passages. Nothing can be done and our time is limited. My focus is to make sure she is the most loved and best fed critter in the world until it is time for her to rest. This sucks.
IMG_4617.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpg

Mike 556

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
She finally got her first bird yesterday! This is a chukar in a launcher, not a wild bird. Up until now she’d been trained on homing pigeons, which fly back to their coop for later use.

Nice and solid on point (y)Great recovery shot(y)(y) Reminds me of story written by Gene Hill. He was on fire, didn't miss a bird all day, his partner asked him if he ever uses his second barrel. Hilly responded "NA that's where I keep my life savers"! Vintage Hilly:D

Sep 6, 2006
Rural Nevada
Nice and solid on point (y)Great recovery shot(y)(y) Reminds me of story written by Gene Hill. He was on fire, didn't miss a bird all day, his partner asked him if he ever uses his second barrel. Hilly responded "NA that's where I keep my life savers"! Vintage Hilly:D
Very happy with her progress so far. We’ll see how she does on wild chukar next week.

footsteps

Private Greene
Dec 13, 2017
Catskill Mountains NY
One of our pups here on the farm from a litter of 7 only 1 left and heading to a new home tomorrow night... sad to see them go but 6 full grown Labradors, 1 from the Mayo Kellog line of pointing labs a big boned intact black male that will use his tool next month on my big yellow american femal pix yo come in 3 month's.

Attachments

Jscb1b

Sergeant of the Hide
Dec 22, 2018
It is a sad night. Yesterday my stepdaughter got a German shepherd boxer mix. Cutest damn little thing. Tonight my nephew's dog mauled her to death. I want some pay back. It will not make anything better, but FUCK! 😥

Jan 1, 2018
Finally received the test results for my little girl and she has cancer. Because of where it is her window is closing pretty quickly. Part of taking care of critters is the inevitable kick in the gut.

View attachment 7002506

Very sorry that you must say goodbye in such a way. I lost my "Prissy" to cancer a couple years ago and it is tough. All we can do is be glad for the short time they make our days better.

My Prissy FB_IMG_1510602457056.jpg

Cheyenne Bodie

Sergeant of the Hide
Nov 29, 2018
Winchester, VA
Roo, my 75lb Azores cattle dog & pitbull mix:
emericacommercialsm.jpg
He's the kind of dog where if you're cool with him then he's a giant teddy bear, but if you're scared he gets defensive. Probably not the smartest dog I've ever had, but might as well be because he's by far the most loyal and obedient. He's my ideal steadfast camp dog, totally invisible in the dark though. I spent a lot of time meeting adoptable dogs before I picked him, I was originally looking for specifically not (another) pitbull or brindle dog but he really clicked with me. His claim to fame is going full fur missile on a deer that missed the fence. The deer was fine, walked kinda sideways for a long time but fine. I gave him a bunch of deli meats for his enthusiasm, though to his dissatisfaction he also promptly ran out of deer shit to roll in.