Manners, AI, Or MPA?

Widowmaker300

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
Jackson center Ohio
I’ve narrowed down to manners t4a, accuracy international or MPA for my PRS rig. It’ll be a surgeon action riding in whatever I choose. Is either really a standout winner? I’ve had a ai mk i and the stocky was excellent only downfall was weight. The other two I have no experience with.

superde

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 7, 2003
Bryan, Texas
PRS rigs have gotten heavier. My AIAT chassied Impact weighed 18.5 pounds. My current rig weighs almost 21 pounds, which is a common weight these days FWIW.

MPA gives you the most options out of the ones you listed - adjustability, weights, etc. I guess the question is do you need or want this? Personally, I cannot shoot a traditional stock as well as a chassis. Depending on where you live, i'd try to get behind one of each at a club match or something.

I've switched over to the MDT ACC this year and love it. It can do everything the MPA can do, and then some.

Crews

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2017
I've had several different traditional stocks, and several different chassis systems. I now have an AI AT, and finally landed on what I will be keeping long term. With that being said, the draw with the AI AT is the complete system..... not just the chassis. If barreled action, trigger, etc. were all independent decisions I think there are other chassis designs that are likely a little more comfortable, adjustable, and able to be customized to your specific needs. This may be a different story with the newer AX chassis, I don't know.

If you're into a Manners type stock, it can be made to do just about anything an MPA can do. The question is, how much additional work and money is it going to take?

That's my opinion, at least.

Hollywood 6mm

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
A lot of it is personal preference. If you can, try getting behind some different setups at a match and see what you like. I run PDC Custom chassis, and I have stuck with them due to how comfortable I can get behind them - something that hasn't always worked out on other setups. I have yet to find a traditional-style stock I can get 100% comfortable behind. The MPA and other chassis systems are better, but still not quite as good as the PDC - at least for me.

Widowmaker300

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
Jackson center Ohio
I notice the MPA has a built in Arca rail in to the chassis, as go where to get one for the manners is about 200$ and the AI is in the same boat.

Bugzlife19

Private
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2017
Get behind the stocks your considering and see how they feel. Club match’s are a good way of doing this because you’ll usually see everything under the son and guys are always willing to let you try them. Everyone is different and being comfortable behind the rifle if huge.