Mammoth Sniper Challenge 2020 Discussion

Austinjunks

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
Savannah GA
I wonder is they squad based on division or if there will be a mix of tough man and regular.
Last year they mixed the divisions.

Hah yeah there is the possibility. I finally just got my pack in and am gonna be getting it fitted up. I don’t know if you want to be in my squad haha
Nah, I'd prefer folks from the hide and such, I hate getting squaded with antisocial folks.

Reactions: never_summer

teddy12b

Private
Belligerents
Dec 22, 2008
We got the forms through email and sent them in. I just thought there was another thing coming.

ModNovember

Private
Belligerents
Mar 1, 2018
Q: Could we get by with 1 tripod or do ya think each shooter needs their own?
A: You could get by with no tripods. You pick.
Q: So there no stage it would be to advantage?
A: We didn’t say that.

Seeking opinions from last years competitors in this topic. If you packed a tripod, how beneficial was it? Is it going with you this year?

Hoyt7mm

Bow Shooter
Belligerents
Apr 6, 2017
West Bend, Wisconsin
I'm wondering how many people also brought a LRF as well as binos?
What power binos did you bring if you did?
The reason I ask is I'm thinking about picking up a set of rangefinding binos (probably a 10x). Thoughts?

Reactions: jeffbtripp

Hoyt7mm

Bow Shooter
Belligerents
Apr 6, 2017
West Bend, Wisconsin
What are you guys running for footwear? Boots, shoes, etc? I'm comfortable and would prefer to stick with something as close to a running shoe as possible.

Austinjunks

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
Savannah GA
I'm wondering how many people also brought a LRF as well as binos?
What power binos did you bring if you did?
The reason I ask is I'm thinking about picking up a set of rangefinding binos (probably a 10x). Thoughts?
I packed a lrf, but not binos or spotter and it was just fine.
What are you guys running for footwear? Boots, shoes, etc? I'm comfortable and would prefer to stick with something as close to a running shoe as possible.
I am running Solomon speed assaults, super light weight.

Reactions: Hoyt7mm

never_summer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
shooting parter and I are both using a version of the Solomon ultra 3 low shoe, rei is doing a sale on gear that ends today and they aren’t that bad on price. I’m gonna bring a rf but probably not Binos, just got a tripod setup but up in the air if the weight will be worth it or not. Tripod setup weighs just over 4lbs

Reactions: Benji7

flatlander

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
my main footwear will be the Garmont T8 NFS lightweight boot. I've been rucking in it since June and it's so light. the pair weighs 19oz.
I'll also bring my Saloman Speedcross that I run OCR races in. They suck on hard surface for long periods but if we're in mud and grass they are extremely capable.