Made a Rear bag

Mar 3, 2013
47
9
8
#1
I have been looking for a rear bag for a while that was just the way I wanted it, but I couldn’t find exactly what I thought I wanted. I wasn’t willing to spend $50 on something I might not like so I made my own with the help of my wife and her sewing stuff. I like it for the most part but I think I’ll make another one with slightly smaller dimensions.
 

Attachments

Mar 3, 2013
47
9
8
#2
I forgot to mention what it’s made of. I ordered some “Kevlar” fabric for the main bag and added some strapping from an old MARPAT ruck sack. The stitching is spaced the same as MOLLE and fits those size accessories. I attached two bungee chord clips to add tension if needed. The bag is filled with air soft bbs, which make a litttle noise but should be unaffected by moisture.
 
Mar 3, 2013
47
9
8
#3
The size was supposed to be 3x4x5 but due to my lack of sewing experience ended up more like 2.5x5x5. I really wanted the three different heights for more versatility, so I’m going to try again and see if I can turn one out more like what I have invisioned in my mind.
 

XLR308

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 22, 2018
271
91
28
#6
I had cut one of the sleeves off of an old pair of BDU that I filled with corn and just left in my box blind that worked pretty well for a while until the rodents got to it.
Yours is a bit more refined.
 
Likes: Timgunner

Mike 556

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 31, 2018
398
498
63
Northeast PA
#7
I have been looking for a rear bag for a while that was just the way I wanted it, but I couldn’t find exactly what I thought I wanted. I wasn’t willing to spend $50 on something I might not like so I made my own with the help of my wife and her sewing stuff. I like it for the most part but I think I’ll make another one with slightly smaller dimensions.
Good job Tim. Looks every bit as good or better than the commercial bags.
Mike
 
Likes: Timgunner
Mar 3, 2013
47
9
8
#9
I had cut one of the sleeves off of an old pair of BDU that I filled with corn and just left in my box blind that worked pretty well for a while until the rodents got to it.
Yours is a bit more refined.
Believe it or not the first one I made was the bottom of a pant leg off a BDU filled with rice. It didn’t work great in the rain.
 
Top Bottom