Lost my lab today...

Nooch13

Private
Belligerents
Feb 16, 2017
Time to say goodbye to our little buddy Gator. He passed away at almost 14 in his sleep early this am. This first picture was just taken last night, doing what he loved to do the most, hanging with the kiddos and chillin on the couch. That dog has been through a ton with us and was an angel! (Except when he ate the thanksgiving turkey! Lol). We will all miss you buddy! ❤️ #bestdogever

Attachments

MotorOilMcCall

Private
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
"Everyone thinks they have the best dog... and none of them are wrong." W. R. Purche

So sorry Nooch. There's not much tougher than dealing with the loss of a best friend. Hopefully you find peace and love in another dog to fill Gator's role in the family.

My wife and I started a dog rescue a few months ago (already placed about 25 dogs, and we've fostered around 50 in 5 years, personally). We do it to try to match the hearts of all of the dogs we've helped along the way, and lost ourselves. We know that each of them would want another less fortunate dog to take their place, being loved and cherished by your family.

Godspeed brother.

Strykervet

Resident Phoenix Eye and Dim Mak Instructor
Belligerents
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Man, that's hard, I certainly feel for you. They're family and they give you everything and only ask for the most simple stuff: a belly rub, a ride in the truck, a bite of your food, nosing under the covers, really they're happy most just being beside you doing whatever it is you're doing. It's never easy losing a friend.

Mwalex

Private
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2011
I am very sorry for your loss. It always hurts when our four legged family members leave us, especially when they have been with us for a long time.

Mike 556

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
Sorry about Gator. Looking at the pictures, its easy to tell you had given Gator a great life filled with love, happiness and contentment. Which I'm sure he has given back to you in spades!

Nooch13

Private
Belligerents
Feb 16, 2017
Thank you all for the kind words. Means a lot! Just had the hardest part, had to tell the kids when we picked them up from school...sad!

Sieg

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
Sincerest condolences, the passing of one's dog is very tough. Though their unconditional love is never forgotten nor the wonderful memories that last our lifetime.

footsteps

Private Greene
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Catskill Mountains NY
Sorry for you're loss the girls must be heartbroken. We raise labs here on the farm, it's horrible when we loose our buds. It's a void that heals over time and we make new memories with new best friends...