Looking for an annealer

Rexx1029

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 5, 2018
As the title says I’m looking for an annealer before I break down and buy a new on figure I would see if anyone has one thy want to move??
Please let me know
Thanks

LEG_X

Oct 30, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Rexx,

Before you spend a ton of money on a propane-based annealer or even more on an induction based machine take a look at potassium/sodium salt bath annealing. http://ballisticrecreations.ca/ I was previously doing the budget propane/hand drill system that worked ok but I was never 100% sure if I was under or over annealing the brass, even with Tempilaq. If I had the extra 1k to put down on an AMP induction machine I surely would but I believe I found a good middle ground with salt bath annealing. The crux of the system is that you submerge the brass into molten K+/NA+ salts to anneal the brass. YOU control the temp of the molten bath so you cannot over anneal, temp wise at least. And the complete system only cost me about $175. You will eventually have to replenish the salts but so far I'm really digging this over the drill/torch setup I was using previously. Just my .02 cents that I wanted to share. Cheers and good luck.

Lundy

Top Bottom