Looking for a fundamentals class in Ohio

ShortShooter1908

New Hide Member
Feb 22, 2018
Central Ohio
I am looking for somewhere to get some coaching. I am a new guy that has read forums, watched videos, etc. At this point I think I have the basics. Which means I'm probably clueless. I need someone to make sure I'm not starting out with bad habits. Unfortunately, I work most weekends so that makes things difficult. I am thinking of touching base with Thunder Valley. Any other resources I could check out?

Feb 14, 2017
thompson
I shot there for the first time last weekend. Very nice range with elevation changes and some very tricky wind in the valleys. Had a chance to at least meet Tom, I am looking into some training there.

earthquake

Gunny Sergeant
Jul 30, 2009
Delaware, OH
Another vote for Apex. They just opened a large range in Ashtabula County with distances to 1,300 yards. Andrew has been teaching for years. Come check the place out at least on 4/8. He is hosting his first LR match that day on the new range.

Feb 14, 2017
thompson
Another vote for Apex. They just opened a large range in Ashtabula County with distances to 1,300 yards. Andrew has been teaching for years. Come check the place out at least on 4/8. He is hosting his first LR match that day on the new range.
Is the match full on 4/8? Also is there any schedule for the training classes. I would be interested in this, as its really close to home.

Jun 17, 2009
Houston, TX
If you are willing to travel some, I don't think any place emphasizes and hammers in the fundamentals as much as Rifles Only does. It's an excellent place for those that are taking their first precision rifle course.

DarrinW

Online Training Member
Dec 26, 2017
Dayton, Ohio
Depending on where you are in Ohio look up MALC training. They are giving a fundamentals class in Edinburgh IN, in April. The guy teaching the precision rifle is a really good guy. he was an Army sniper team leader before he got out.

TFreeman

New Hide Member
May 26, 2018
Anyone have any luck getting in touch with Tom at Thunder Valley?

I’m in the Dayton area and am looking for a class to attend.

Top Bottom