Long Range Rimfire Matches Info needed

MarkCZ

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I am looking into running a Rimfire match. It will not be 22 NRL or PRS type matches. It will be shot from benches ( Bi-Pods and rear bag only ), standing supported, and unsupported only. I have a bad knees , up and down is a NO NO for me and others I shoot with. I want to setup so anyone can shoot. I will have KYL targets, match sticks, gumballs glued to golf tees for closer ranges, and steel for longer ranges. There will be stages for different setups. One range we have is 200yds, and another is 300yds. Any input is welcome.

Mark

wgwe5

Private
Belligerents
Jan 16, 2011
Springville,Tn.
Paintballs on the golf tee is a lot of fun. I run rimfire matches at our local gun club and don't follow PRS or NRL , but we do shoot some similar stages. Most of my stages will have multiple targets of various sizes. Time is the key and I try to set time limits for the stage based on the difficulty of the targets. With the limited mobility of some of your shooters you can make your stage times shorter to keep it challenging or incorporate mag changes in a stage. Most of my rimfire match is shot from 50 to 250 yds ,but we shoot some out to 400yds.

BillOH

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2017

Here's what one local guy does. There are a few others around here that put on similar but slightly different matches.

MarkCZ

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I have seen this match on youtube, and have talked to Topstraps. I want to make it to that match some day. That is the type of match I like. He also limits the cost of ammo you can use.

Mark

gunner442

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2014
Try to set up the stages so they take about the same same length of time. Nothings worse than having a traffic jam on one stage that holds everyone up. Also try to start on time.

Reactions: TheMightyGorilla

TheMightyGorilla

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2019
Set a few targets at unknown ranges. I hate that they always tell shooters the range. 167yd, 79yds, or 42yds, place them weird and make them think :)

Reactions: gunner442