Local Georgia shooters

Rexx1029

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 5, 2018
Hey I’m in Smyrna Marietta georgia area looking for local people that could link up and shoot with. Also seeing if people have any local places to do some shooting?

Rexx1029

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 5, 2018
Yea looks like a nice range but is still like 2 hours for me to get to wish I could find somewhere closer we will see lol. Need somewhere I can test loads and such and not have to make a full day or whatnot to do so but

Jan 6, 2012
Creekside in Taylorsville is probably closest to you. 100yd for non-members.
Advanced Bullets in Temple isn't too far off. 100 yd.
Talladega. 600 yd.

JKFlyfish

New Hide Member
Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ok I have talked about checking out creek side
Rex,

Did you ever end up checking out creek side? What do you think? I am a newbie located in Georgia and looking for places to shoot as well. I'm located in the Buford area, so I'm a bit closer to gunsitehills (about 1.5 hour drive). I'm thinking of giving that a try a soon.

Nov 19, 2013
I'm in Marietta. Talladega is heaven on earth for shooters. It's an easy drive once you are on I-20 and well worth it. The 2 coolest parts are the electronic targets and the Range Officers, who are all accomplished shooters. I've picked up a lot of knowledge from them and they've gone out of their way to help me.

Riverbend Gun Club (http://www.rbgc.org/) is about an hour north of us, up I-75. It is a first class facility. The cool thing about them is that their matches are all open up to the public. I shoot their 200 yard rimfire match, which is so much fun it should be illegal. Next one is in June 2. 200 yd rimfire match.

Other options include the various indoor ranges and Pickens County Sportsman's Club (http://www.pcsc.us/)

JKFlyfish

New Hide Member
Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
I'm in Marietta. Talladega is heaven on earth for shooters. It's an easy drive once you are on I-20 and well worth it. The 2 coolest parts are the electronic targets and the Range Officers, who are all accomplished shooters. I've picked up a lot of knowledge from them and they've gone out of their way to help me.

Riverbend Gun Club (http://www.rbgc.org/) is about an hour north of us, up I-75. It is a first class facility. The cool thing about them is that their matches are all open up to the public. I shoot their 200 yard rimfire match, which is so much fun it should be illegal. Next one is in June 2. 200 yd rimfire match.

Other options include the various indoor ranges and Pickens County Sportsman's Club (http://www.pcsc.us/)
Two Mikes,

When you say Talladega, do you mean the CMP at Talladega? That place looks awesome! How far does their rifle range go? It's about a 2.5 hour drive from me, but looks like it would be worth the trip a few times a year.

Nov 19, 2013
Yes. I was referring to the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park.

The big range has electronic target monitors at 200 yards, 300 yards and 600 yards. There is a 100 yard range down the hill with electronic target monitors. I usually start at the 100 yard range and shoot rimfire (my love) and check my zeros, then proceed up the big range for real practice. What is neat is you get instant feedback with the monitor and don't have to pull targets.

You'll go there once and you'll want to go back and back. They have matches that are open to the public as well. If Augusta National Golf Club was a range, it would be Talladega.

Nov 13, 2010
Georgia
Im in Douglasville and shoot at a range in Waco to test loads it's a 200 yard range. Then I have personal land I can get to 1000 on one side and 500ish on the other side. Shot me a PM and maybe we can work out a range day or something. Will need to cool off ..lol

AnotherNewbie

New Hide Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hello all,
I shoot at Pickins sportsman club we have a 100,300 & 467 yd range.
Would love to learn to shoot even farther but need to figure out my data in strelok and learn to use my kestrel 5700 in conjunction with it.

Aug 12, 2017
Rex,

Did you ever end up checking out creek side? What do you think? I am a newbie located in Georgia and looking for places to shoot as well. I'm located in the Buford area, so I'm a bit closer to gunsitehills (about 1.5 hour drive). I'm thinking of giving that a try a soon.
Gun site hills good place to shot

Top Bottom