Let's discuss 350 Legend

sav338lapua

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2010
central ohio
the 375 no the 45/70 yes a company is making an ar-10 in it so. my comment was using a cartridge case mouth to headspace with especially in a semi-auto and the chances of a catastrophic over pressure that could occur with this cartridge case. you guys up north need to get your who ever to fix your hunting laws. sounds like they are trying to limit you to straight walled pistol cases.

lash

Swamp Rat
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
AR15, if you please. And I’m so far north that I’m south, central Florida to be exact. And they aren’t trying to restrict them to straight wall pistol cartridges, they have been, for many, many years. It was that way in Michigan in the mid-nineties when I hunted with my brother there. Probably before then.

You should write Winchester about your concerns. I’m not losing sleep over them.

By the way, claim is that it is softer recoiling in an AR15 than a .223, though I’d have to feel both next to each other to believe that. How’s your .45-70 recoil, even in an AR10? I know how it recoils in a Marlin.

sav338lapua

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2010
central ohio
jeees guy your the one that called the 375 win a bottle neck cartridge not me. your problem is your problem in michigan. i dont like the design of the case, or are we not allowed to do that on here for fear of hurting someones feelings??? the other cartridges i mentioned were for comparison and ones i have experience with.

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
""By the way, claim is that it is softer recoiling in an AR15 than a .223""

At the beginning when I shot the factory Win 145gr load, which didn't function in my upper, I thought maybe so, but not now after having about 140 rounds of 180's through it.

Also I pulled the bullets out of the rest of the box of that 145gr factory ammo and loaded 25grs of lilgun, reseated them, and it created some authoritative recoil, much more than 223.

IMO, this cartridge has more recoil than a 223 by quite a bit. Maybe if the right burn rate powders were used and 350L was loaded way down with 115's??? Like someone mentioned earlier, it'd probably take a carbine length gas system to get it to work.

Punishing 350L isn't, but it can be loaded up much more than I had anticipated going in, like I mentioned previously in this thread. Deceptively powerful might be a way to describe it?!

Reactions: lash

Yondering

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2017
Skagit Valley, WA
jeees guy your the one that called the 375 win a bottle neck cartridge not me. your problem is your problem in michigan. i dont like the design of the case, or are we not allowed to do that on here for fear of hurting someones feelings??? the other cartridges i mentioned were for comparison and ones i have experience with.
No he didn't. You're the only one who brought up the 375 Win and the 38/55, neither of which have anything to do with the AR15, this thread, or even this section of the forum. And yeah, we're all aware that the Legend headspaces on the case mouth. Your feelings about it in comparison to lever action cartridges have nothing much to do with anything. Let it go.

Reactions: MarinePMI

Yondering

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2017
Skagit Valley, WA
By the way, claim is that it is softer recoiling in an AR15 than a .223, though I’d have to feel both next to each other to believe that.
Who claimed that? It definitely is not. It's not hard to shoot, but it's not in the "almost zero recoil" category of a 223.

lash

Swamp Rat
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
Who claimed that? It definitely is not. It's not hard to shoot, but it's not in the "almost zero recoil" category of a 223.
Okay, I am going to have to claim stupidity and bad memory in this one. It’s been over a year since I read the original claims and I got this one wrong. Good catch. Here’s what it really said:

1C502ACA-D1D4-4854-8EE6-089A2A3356FA.jpeg

bfoosh006

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 13, 2007
PNW
You're on the right track!

errrr..... "You're on the right thwack!"............ lol, corny? yes, but hey what the heck.

FWIW, Wilson Combat sells a 15rd mag ( Modified Lancer 330BK ) and the 2 reviews say it will hold 18rds... YMMV. Reasonably priced @ 25 bucks.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Sty...und-Polymer/productinfo/TR-350LMAG15/#reviews

And as for the use of a .355 bullet v. a .357 bullet ... I thought ... this article tells some info better then I can write it.

And it mentions some Winc. White Box ammo that had .349- .353 sized bullets.

Now I have to just figure out if I want a .350 Legend.. or a 300 HAM'R

( I need to win the lottery, and buy some of everything )

Reactions: steve123 and lash