Leica PRS 5-30×56 with PRB Reticle

Tikka595II

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 12, 2017
The Great State of PA
For those on the east coast interested in this scope the leica rep has one at the Europtic booth this week at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg Pa

Schaaf

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Jul 25, 2014
Fort Peck, MT
The Magnus has gotten very good reviews in the hunting category, hasn't it?
Yes. They’re a dream to hunt with. Just wish they would offer something in a different configuration. Use their 6.7x magnification platform to come out with a 3-20x50. I would never buy another hunting scope.

Reactions: duramaxed

bigwatchpilot

Captain
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
The Magnus has gotten very good reviews in the hunting category, hasn't it?
Ilya's reviews and recommendation pushed me to try them and I ended up with 2. If you like nice glass and scopes it's perfect. I can't believe the discount on non-illuminated Magnus scopes last year, they were a steal.

Soulezoo

Hide Sommelier and Connoisseur of fine spirits
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2018
Here and there
I'm not a scope whore, nor have I tried everything that's come down the pike. But I was one of those Leupold fudds at one time (through the 80's-90's anyway) and then I got to hunt with a Zeiss one year. Dropped Leupold like a bad habit. Learned about what real glass was all about and what good turrets were. Anyway, I still have an old (early 90's) Leupy on one rifle and compared to my Magnus, it's like looking through a car window with limo tint. And mushy turrets that remind of eating lumpy mashed potatoes.
If I had a Magnus on every hunting rifle, well, I could do worse.

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
Fair point but Leica seems to run better sales than S&B’s “Hey guys we knocked $15 off that scope you’ve been looking at.”
I hear you, but sometimes EO has demos they sell and at least once a year they have a good sale on S&B. I’m guessing Leica goes on sale more because they don’t sell as many. Another mfr to watch is Blaser, their Infinity scopes are supposed to be very impressive and they have a 2.5-20x50 and 4-20x56. If they get a reticle with mil hash that 4-20 will have great appeal. IWA is right around the corner but I’m not holding out too much

amerimono

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2018
I would love to know how this compares to a tangent theta 5-25. Need another scope soon and have been leaning towards another TT, but this has my interest peaked.