Labradar and suppressor

Travclem

Dr. Dickweed
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Well damn, I was gonna pull the trigger on a Labradar tonight, but all of my shooting is done suppressed. Looks like I need to do a little more research. I'm just tired of fighting cheap chronos.

Travclem

Dr. Dickweed
Belligerents
Jul 14, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Could someone tell me more about the doppler mode? Is it just a constant scan? I shoot alone most of the time and this wouldn't be an issue? Is it more reliable this way?

Tazman

Private
Belligerents
Jun 18, 2004
Indiana
The issue I have with the Doppler mode is where it picks up the shot in the trace. The next Gen Labradar will probably address these issues.

stevenc23

Belligerents
Oct 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Positioning is the key. Several times someone has told me their unit doesn't work with their suppressor. I position it for them and it works just fine.

The muzzle of the can should be 4 - 6 inches behind the labradar and 2-3 inches off to the side. Muzzle Height should be at the middle of the Labradar. Never had a labradar not trigger with it in that position with a can.

Will also say that Greg Piet's trigger works great.

Reactions: odoylerules

Cascade Hemi

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
PNW
No issues with my LR and a silencer. The LR has to be in front of the muzzle though.

wildmanpiet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Las Vegas
Has anyone tried the recoil trigger from JKL precision?
I figured sooner or later someone would come up with the same design... good on them and I wish them well. Hopefully they didn't just buy one of mine and reverse engineer it... karma is a bitch.

hot loads B==D - - -
Belligerents
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
I figured sooner or later someone would come up with the same design... good on them and I wish them well. Hopefully they didn't just buy one of mine and reverse engineer it... karma is a bitch.
Isn't it funny how it never existed until your design came out and a bunch of people bought one? Yeah I hope they did their own R&D and started from scratch.

wildmanpiet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Las Vegas
Isn't it funny how it never existed until your design came out and a bunch of people bought one? Yeah I hope they did their own R&D and started from scratch.
Yeah guess I know how B+T, Switchview, and Short Action Precision feels about the "extremely similar products". Oh well. I did it to help the community and getting a few bucks was an added benefit. Free market is a wonderful thing regardless.

SScott

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2008
Washigton St.
www.sunrisetacticalgear.com
Yeah guess I know how B+T, Switchview, and Short Action Precision feels about the "extremely similar products". Oh well. I did it to help the community and getting a few bucks was an added benefit. Free market is a wonderful thing regardless.
Thanks @wildmanpiet, I just purchased one of your devices.
I have struggled trying to get my rifle to trigger with my Thunder beast Ultra 7. I appreciate you bringing a fix to this product.
Scott

wildmanpiet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Las Vegas
Looks like I sold a unit to someone in the same town that company posts from on Jan 2 and they were working on their new project late January. Curious timing for sure. Bless their hearts.
Looks like the same thing happened with a couple items from Blamm Enterprises as well.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: stevenc23

dave300

Sergeant
Banned !
Belligerents
Feb 27, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
So I feel compelled to jump in here. I live local to Greg (wildmanpiet) and have never met him outside of electronic conversation.
He has broke thru the barrier associated with the labradar and its not registering shots, suppressed or otherwise. I am well over 300 shots “since” his device is in use without one missed shot, correctly written, without one missed shot.
Last weekend we set it up using a 204 ruger, suppressed, with an SiCo Omega and a flat cap, again no problem grabbing every single shot out of the 204.
Due to being local to me, he took upon himself to not charge me shipping, not a big deal, except when its speaks to ones character. It is everything he makes it out to be, plus some!

Imitation is biggest form of flattery, except when it costs you business.

Spreading the word I’m sure will help keep things in “perspective”

wildmanpiet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Las Vegas
So I feel compelled to jump in here. I live local to Greg (wildmanpiet) and have never met him outside of electronic conversation.

Spreading the word I’m sure will help keep things in “perspective”
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad the community is finding benefit in the concept and execution.
You can find me over at Desert Sportsmans quite often and if you have any issues please don't be afraid to reach out...