KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

DDRH65CM

Private
Belligerents
Jun 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the Accurate-Mag 300WM DSSF mags will fit the long action Whisky 3 Gen 6?

@Massoud

Thanks!

Vargmat

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 17, 2013
Sweden
Remington 700 with all that extra jazz. 6.5x47 Lapua, Stalon suppressor, Schmidt PM2, TAB sling and rear bag. Its a shooter.

1550509011092.png

Reactions: Massoud

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2013
MA
I need some help...
I was putting my Tikka T3 in the Whsky 3 / G5.... I partially installed the action screws and all was going well - Mag seemed to fit well, but after final torque to 65# the mag feels a bit rough going in and doesn’t lock. Looking at it closer it almost look likes something broke on the mag release bar. Thoughts? Does the below pick look correct to you?

MinnesotaMulisha

Head MF Door Keeper
Belligerents
Jul 30, 2013
Lincoln, NE
I need some help...
I was putting my Tikka T3 in the Whsky 3 / G5.... I partially installed the action screws and all was going well - Mag seemed to fit well, but after final torque to 65# the mag feels a bit rough going in and doesn’t lock. Looking at it closer it almost look likes something broke on the mag release bar. Thoughts? Does the below pick look correct to you?
View attachment 7035341
Are you using a Magpul mag? They are notorious for not working with the Tikkas because the feed lips are so thick.

You can try and shave down the feed lips. I tried and wrecked two mags in the process.

You are better off buying steel mags and moving on.

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2013
MA
Are you using a Magpul mag? They are notorious for not working with the Tikkas because the feed lips are so thick.

You can try and shave down the feed lips. I tried and wrecked two mags in the process.

You are better off buying steel mags and moving on.
Running steel mags... Thing I don’t understand is why before the full torque and not after. Wish I had nother mag release to compare and see if something is broken

MinnesotaMulisha

Head MF Door Keeper
Belligerents
Jul 30, 2013
Lincoln, NE
No sir... both are flush and seem proper
Not sure what to tell you. Take a look at the KRG site for the instructions. I know there is an adjustment you can make for mag fitment, but I believe that only adjusts the trigger guard to tighten the slop in the mag from front to back.

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2013
MA
Not sure what to tell you. Take a look at the KRG site for the instructions. I know there is an adjustment you can make for mag fitment, but I believe that only adjusts the trigger guard to tighten the slop in the mag from front to back.

Figured it out... Long story nut “mag ride height” was the issue.

Thanks for the thoughts

sabrecross

Forever a Minuteman
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
DFW, Texas
Here's my offering...

KRG Whiskey 3, Gen 6, 7mm RM
Remington Sendero SF II, Kahles, ARC, Accurate Mag, APA, Badger Ordinance, SAP, Harris

Waiting for my elite iron Revolution lightweight bipod...7036347

Reactions: Massoud and Vargmat

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
Figured it out... Long story nut “mag ride height” was the issue.

Thanks for the thoughts

For everyone with Tikka's, don't forget to take out the spring that is sandwhiched between the trigger and action before you drop it into our chassis.

Thank you guys for your business!
Justin

FOHA1

Private
Belligerents
Aug 5, 2014
For everyone with Tikka's, don't forget to take out the spring that is sandwhiched between the trigger and action before you drop it into our chassis.

Thank you guys for your business!
Justin
Same with Bravo?7036997

Reactions: Vargmat

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2013
MA
Yes same with Bravo and I think even other companies' chassis. That spring clip is just for those plastic Tikka mags and gets in the way.
Thank you for your business.
Justin
Anyone have a picture of what he is mentioning? I have seen it in the KRG instructions but not sure what part is being discussed

Northernjets

Private
Belligerents
Mar 5, 2017
Alberta
Reactions: spife7980

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
Also to add in, if you are trying to use Tikka CTR mags in our chassis and you mill out the magwell to fit the CTR mag, you also need either a TRG mag catch or our "TRG Catch Extender" mag catch. TRG/CTR mags lock in via a hole in the magazine whereas AICS mags have a protruding nub on the mag body so they take different mag catches.
Thanks guys!
Justin

Reactions: Northernjets

Btrain

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2013
MA
Does anyone know if the W3 cheek rest is the same as the X-ray? I am thinking of adding a Weiband pad to it and don’t see the W3 listed on their site - only the X-ray. Anyone else using something different they would suggest? The cheek rest is uncomfortable for me

Thanks