KRG Bravo Chassis

heydogman71

New Hide Member
Sep 25, 2018
Alright gentleman, this is my final product after messing around with going back and forth for 2 weeks. Adding weight to rear, grip, and butthook, I lined the cavity with Saran Wrap and took #8 shot from shotgun shells, and covered it with excess Saran Wrap. As for the fore end, I went from adhesive wheel weights, to double sided tape and Saran wrapped #8 shot, to now and ending with lead decoy weights from academy. 3.5 oz each strip and had to trim to fit accordingly. Good thing with this lead, it’s soft enough to cut.

I managed to get 17 lbs empty, no bipod with #9 shot and epoxy. I left the hardener out of the epoxy in case I want to remove it. Rear was easy, front a little harder to get enough weight to balance. I like the decoy weight idea.

Attachments

southerngolfer

HACHIE CHACHIE DUNKIRINI
Feb 17, 2017
SW, Missouri
I managed to get 17 lbs empty, no bipod with #9 shot and epoxy. I left the hardener out of the epoxy in case I want to remove it. Rear was easy, front a little harder to get enough weight to balance. I like the decoy weight idea.
perfect. like I said, I messed around with this for 2 weeks plus. I know my wife is glad I'm done bc she's tired of me working on my guns on the kitchen island. haha

southerngolfer

HACHIE CHACHIE DUNKIRINI
Feb 17, 2017
SW, Missouri
What mags are you using in the havak? And did you have to modify the mag release to get them to feed/run smooth?
AW mags. I'm not having any issues feeding 100% of the time, but I do get a hang up about 5% of the time. I've been talking with another member, and I think the havak bolt needs to be ran hard when cycling.
you might take a look at the havak thread over in bolt actions. I did talk about with single stack mags, I was having issues with the 6 o'clock lug hitting the feed lips if any upward pressure on the mag. when dry firing, only issue I've had with the AW mags is the 6 o'clock lug will bind up on the leading edge of the follower. I had to file a little bevel on the leading edge so I can dry fire with the mag in at home

Top Bottom