Killed by your own cock,...DAMN!

salks

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2019
I know mine has gotten me in some trouble but sure hope it never completely turns on me.

Reactions: ChadL

acudaowner

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
yea those things will get you into a world of hurt if left to there own devices .

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2009
Ingleside, Tx
A buddy of mine saw a guy get killed in a cockfighting ring in the Philippines. He bent over to grab his cock, as it had lost the fight. It went into a last second spasm and sliced through his jugular with the blade.
Those damn blades are razor sharp.

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
I used to have a Rhode island red rooster that would sneak up on you and get you. Aftr the second time i surprised him and punted his ass for a three point conversion.
That was the last time he did that shit.
My Mon used to have chickens, and her rooster would try to give me shit every time I went over there. I told her that if he ever spurred me, she'd be having rooster and dumplings for supper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foul Mike

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
The "Skins have cockfights around here once in a while. Not as much as they used to.
I never have understood it. Maybe a cultural thing, and I always found it barbaric, BUT, I have plucked a lot of nice hackles to tie dry flies with.

Srgt. Hulka

Lighten Up Francis
Belligerents
Oct 8, 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
Up until about 15 years ago, cockfighting was legal in Louisiana, or at least parts of it.
I remember a trip back from Baton Rouge one night, I stopped in Opelousas to eat at a Ryan's Steak House. It was more of a crappy buffet than a steak house. I walked in and immediately noticed about two thirds of the people in there had orange ribbons pinned to their sleeves, adults and children. And the place was packed. I made my plate and sat at my table wondering what all the ribbons were for. After a while, my curiosity got the best of me, when a lady, who also had a ribbon on her sleeve, at the table next to me got up and went to get seconds. I stood up and followed her to the food bar. When I got up next to her, I asked her what the ribbons were for. She immediately said, with a big smile on her face and a big southern accent, "Oh, we've all been to the cock fights tonight." I said "What? Really?" She told me, oh yeah, we have cock fights every Friday night. She asked where I was from. I told her Shreveport. She said that I should to come down one Friday night and go to the cock fights with them. I told her that I might just have to do that, that it sounds like a lot of fun. I got the F out of that town quick. I don't stop there to eat any more. I eat in Lafayette instead.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
I still have a lot of nice feathers that tie into really nice flies for the fish.
Amazing the colors on some of those birds.
I still don't understand it all and probably never will but keep tying flies. Lots of colors to pick from.

Jgunner

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
Arizona
I used to have a Rhode island red rooster that would sneak up on you and get you. Aftr the second time i surprised him and punted his ass for a three point conversion.
That was the last time he did that shit.
Heh, i had one too. He wouldn’t do it to me, only other people. I caught him one day and did the same thing. Mine would tun to the opposite side of the yard when i came out. Then i ate his angry ass