Kahles 3.5-18 SKMR3 initial impressions

wjm308

Send it!
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
The front cover for the old K312i and the rear cover for the K624i are what you need. I have them on my unit right now. I also got a killflash when I ordered the covers from EuroOptic
How easy is the killflash to remove with the Tenebraex kit? Is it interchangeable with other objectives the same size or specific to each unit?

TheMammoth

Online Training Member
Feb 14, 2017
How easy is the killflash to remove with the Tenebraex kit? Is it interchangeable with other objectives the same size or specific to each unit?
Just screws on like a sunshade, it’s threaded so you’d have to make sure whatever other scope you’re mounting it on has the same size objective and thread pitch.

It has the botched adapter ring molded into it, so you just snap the cap onto it if you want to switch back and forth between sunshade and killflash.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Oct 15, 2009
Mississippi
I'm like a kid in a candy store. Dang if that Kahles doesn't look sweet on your rig
Thanks Bill, i'm pretty stoked with it. Going shooting this saturday so i'll finally get to shoot it for the second time since the k318i has arrived.

Will that is one sweet rifle.Did the stock come fromCore.
Thankyou sir, it is. Love the Elite Highland, wish i could've gotten my PRS2 in it then the sticks would match both black barreled actions, elite highlander, TT Diamonds, one K318i, and one K525i. But i understand the position of having custom patterns.

bjay

Private
Oct 19, 2009
Aloha state HI
Thanks Bill, i'm pretty stoked with it. Going shooting this saturday so i'll finally get to shoot it for the second time since the k318i has arrived.

Thankyou sir, it is. Love the Elite Highland, wish i could've gotten my PRS2 in it then the sticks would match both black barreled actions, elite highlander, TT Diamonds, one K318i, and one K525i. But i understand the position of having custom patterns.
You don't shooy with anti cant? Your set up is pretty identical as mine but i added accuracy 1st anti cant :)

wjm308

Send it!
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
Just screws on like a sunshade, it’s threaded so you’d have to make sure whatever other scope you’re mounting it on has the same size objective and thread pitch.

It has the botched adapter ring molded into it, so you just snap the cap onto it if you want to switch back and forth between sunshade and killflash.
It screws onto the front objective of the scope just like a sunshade? For some reason I thought it snapped on similar to how their caps work which would have made it more universal, but if it's specifically threaded for each scope that might be a hindrance. Thanks Mammoth

Stoweit

For Sale Access
Jun 19, 2017
Had my rifle out today, and still impressed with this scope. Reticle is really nice, and return to zero and tracking seem spot on. You can’t go wrong with this scope. Only thing that sucks is no scope caps and the shit cover they give you is about worthless. Not that big of a deal, just seems for the price of the scope they could do better.

Aug 6, 2010
Arizona
Good read on the 318, Ive been tossing ideas back and forth on new optics for my nucleus, think ive decided on the 525 when it comes out. looks like i need to send a few messages and get on a pre sale list

cashewnut

New Hide Member
Jul 9, 2018
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on the 318 vs. the upcoming 525? They're the same price (within $100), and the 525 is only 1.6 oz heavier, but 2.5“ longer. Why go for the 318 when they are the same price and almost the same weight, if you don't care about an ultrashort scope?

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Nov 18, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
www.CSTACTICAL.com
Curious if anyone has any thoughts on the 318 vs. the upcoming 525? They're the same price (within $100), and the 525 is only 1.6 oz heavier, but 2.5“ longer. Why go for the 318 when they are the same price and almost the same weight, if you don't care about an ultrashort scope?
The size, magnification and objective size are the main differences between the two plus there will also be more reticle choices and Left Side Windage for the K525i when they are released. It's hard to go wrong with either one :cool: Feel free to call us at 916-670-1103 for any other questions.

Sep 18, 2017
Okay, between this thread, and talking with Richard at CS Tactical, I have been officially been made crazy. I have a very nice combat scope (Minox ZP8 on my LM308MWS) shooting MOA groups when I do my part. Trouble is I can barely see the paper holes at 100yds and know my old eyes would benifit from more magnification. If you could only have one scope on my one do everything rifle (platform) what would you do?

Thanks,
Rasyad

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Nov 18, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
www.CSTACTICAL.com
Okay, between this thread, and talking with Richard at CS Tactical, I have been officially been made crazy. I have a very nice combat scope (Minox ZP8 on my LM308MWS) shooting MOA groups when I do my part. Trouble is I can barely see the paper holes at 100yds and know my old eyes would benifit from more magnification. If you could only have one scope on my one do everything rifle (platform) what would you do?

Thanks,
Rasyad
You're not the only one I make crazy haha o_O Feel free to call me again when you need more assistance, after our discussion I think the K318i makes more sense for what you're trying to achieve.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Oct 15, 2009
Mississippi
I have to agree the 318i is about as good as an ultra short can get as far as design. Glass is always going to be subjective but for its size it has almost none of the draw backs of a traditional ultra short. A minor amount of CA comparable to the mark 5 5-25. Eyebox is more comfortable than any scope I’ve owned thus far. It’s very forgiving. Low light performance also way up there despite being an ultra short. The only real concern might be weight cause it is 33oz or so. But that would be the only draw back IMHO. Other than that it’s perfect for that platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom