K318i and Hensoldt 3-12x56 FF

ralfabco

Sergeant
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2009
Houston, Texas
The Hensoldt 3-12x56 FF has excellent glass and I understand it is easy to get behind - has a forgiving eyebox. This has a clean basic Mil-dot reticle. What about the much more modern Kahles K318i with a MSR or SKMR3 reticle. I have not looked at either scopes. I have owned Hensoldt items in the past. Yes, the Hensoldt has no practical service option in the USA.

What about the S&B 5-20 Ultra-short or a S&B 3-12x50 PM II, with a P4F ?

Will mount on a HK MR 762. Not a rig to roll around in the dirt. It's a heavy thing.

Looking for good FOV.

BCX

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2018
Love my Hens 4-16x56 w NH-1 reticle even it prefer the Hens over my SB. The current Hens are lacking w the reticle options.

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
If you want FOV you won’t get it with the 318i.
Although I think its the best ultra short that I’ve tried (have not tried ZCO) if you’re happy with the reticles in the S&B and want a bit more FOV, then the 5-20 US would be my second choice and it doesn’t have the heavy CA that the new Kahles scopes have when you’re eye is off centre either.

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
www.CSTACTICAL.com
The Hensoldt 3-12x56 FF has excellent glass and I understand it is easy to get behind - has a forgiving eyebox. This has a clean basic Mil-dot reticle. What about the much more modern Kahles K318i with a MSR or SKMR3 reticle. I have not looked at either scopes. I have owned Hensoldt items in the past. Yes, the Hensoldt has no practical service option in the USA.

What about the S&B 5-20 Ultra-short or a S&B 3-12x50 PM II, with a P4F ?

Will mount on a HK MR 762. Not a rig to roll around in the dirt. It's a heavy thing.

Looking for good FOV.
If you want a scope in that mag range with a great eyebox good FOV and it being serviced in the USA I'd also look at Zero Compromise Optics ZC 420 4-20x50

Reactions: ralfabco